We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Buff Demogorgon

As you can tell by the title, I believe demoboy should be reworked or revisited. First off as a stranger things fan he’s extremely fun to play as but I feel like his add-ons and perks need to be reworked. Half of his add-ons are for his portal effects such as traversing faster, undetectable status effect longer, and the amount of time it takes to seal a portal. However, his best add-ons (IMO) are his brown add-one that effect his shred ability which is his most powerful ability in a 1V1 chase. To start, he should have a longer undetectable status for his base kit when emerging from a portal, the reason for this is because he’s also very loud if he’s close by while undetectable. 2nd, his portals should take longer to close at base kit because even with add-ons to prevent it from being sealed quicker it actually gets closed super quick. I don’t wanna make this to long of a post but just please help him out.

Comments

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326
    edited August 2020

Demo is one of the weakest killers in the game and i dont really understand why because on paper he has so much going for him. I kind of look at him as a jack of all trades master of none

But like @gibblywibblywoo said i think making him less loud would be a start, or maybe keep him loud but give him more offensive power. Maybe make it so add ons can let you switch between the two style but he has to be able to take after one. At least he's more to play than Clown

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262

I feel like Demo is only a decent and consistent killer if you're running STBFL, feels mandatory on him.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I feel like most of my hits come from his shred. Though despite its insane travel speed I do get juked out of it quite often.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Ok hear me out, makes his 2 red addons base kit, The demogorgon in ST is very stealthy and is attracted to blood so why no of this is base kit is beyond me

• gibblywibblywoo

Trappers mostly guess based system, and the fact that a single player seeing him lay his traps from behind a rock decimates him completely, AND the fact that set-up killers are weaker than ever right now. Means he'll probably suck forever.

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326

"demo is one of the weakest killers" doesnt mean demo is #########. Also by that logic, every killer is amazing because as you said he requires a lot of time to learn (Adapt Demo btw). so there is no weakest killer ig?

Also you said you liked someones ideas for changes so.......what are you even getting mad at me for lol. Im not personally attacking your or even demo just that he needs to be buffed which you apparently agree with!

How do you fix that though, unlike Demo, Clown, and Legion there isn't a clear path because his problem isn't with his power but with SWF. I think everyone agrees the killer should get some kind of buff against SWF but it still wouldn't help Trapper. He was made when SWF wasn't a thing so i think his flaw might be unfixable, instead of catching people by survive his traps basically now restricted to closing of loops and pathways which isn't useless but you know. It is what it is I just want him to have a mori where he smashes someone's head into one of his bear traps

• gibblywibblywoo

I don't really know. Trapper is just outdated. That's all there is to it. He's a relic of old dbd with its super long gens and ruin. Other killers have similar powers that are much more flexible, fun and just better.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
  • Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

He's pretty underrated tbh. He has the best synergy with Save the Best for Last. His shred is a great zoning tool and can cut down many loops if used properly, not to mention he has mapwide pressure with his portals. His basekit looks fine, but his addons could use a revisit.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 398

They just need to take a look at his sound design and addons really. Rat Liver is his only addon worth running with both of his iridescent addons just straight up garbage. He only gets like what, 3 addons that have anything to do with his shred while everything else is with his portals. And his sound needs overhauls, I get the idea that BHVR wanted to give solo survivors more information in regards to what he's doing but you can literally hear demogoron break pallets across the map. That's just taking it too far really. I know there's this crusade going on right about how there's killer with too little counterplay but demogorgon has way, way too much. He's the most telegraphed killer in the game and it really hurts him.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited August 2020

his addons need looking into since the only ones worth using are the ones that affect shred and the rat tail to speed up portal placement. The best buff would be to make rat liver base kit since good demos usually use it anyway. shred btw is actually a great chase tool and i really hope that they leave it alone for the most part and demo's who say shred sucks or is meh they suck at demo especially if they are missing most of their shreds.

edit: another really good buff would to be to fix his loud ass footsteps and maybe getting ride of the map wide sound when he uses the portals.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited August 2020

Other than rat liver base kit his main issues are his portals and the fact that he gives too much information to survivors. His Undetectable is near pointless because he's so loud and tells the survivors he's using it.

• OkKiLLer
    OkKiLLer Member Posts: 118
    edited August 2020

Yeah his add ons are doo doo. It’s sad that his most powerful add ons are all common ones.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I used to think Mindbreaker was a terrible perk until I experimented with exhaustion builds, and it’s actually not too bad when you consider it pauses any existing exhaustion timers on the survivor.

It’s not a great perk by any means, but it’s actually ok when you catch survivors out that have already used their Sprint Burst previously that hasn’t even remotely recovered.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Quite simple.

He must obey pallets

His portals can be removed

Survivors control his power.

No add-ons that do anything.

He wastes too much time in set up and must walk to a portal to use a portal.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

He needs add-on tweaks and that's it. Also imo he doesn't *need* rat liver or stbfl to be good in a chase. I usually go addonless with Demo, and I try and refrain from using stbfl because it makes me want to not use his power in a chase as much. But nah, his sounds are fine, his power is great. Still the best-designed killer they've ever made and I have a feeling the Blight is gonna finally be another good killer release.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

-Increase the Undetectable duration when leaving a portal to 3 seconds

-Increase portal sealing time to 15 seconds

-Make his footsteps quieter

And that's it. That's literally all he needs. Make his portals a little easier to defend with a byproduct of increased stall and let him get more use out of Undetectable. Aside from that, Demo is totally fine. Shred is an incredibly powerful and versatile chase tool and portals are some of the best mobility you can have in the game when used correctly. People don't seem to understand that Demo can't just run tiles like a normal M1 Killer if you want to maximize his Shred's effectiveness, and they don't try that hard to defend their portals. Demo does everything he does well and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know how to play him.

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142

On paper he should be one of the best killers in the game because he has everything going for him. Imo hes got everything but he's not great at them. His is map pressure is a set up which wastes time. His portals can also just be destoryed within 12 seconds and it doesn't help that he's giving a global notification once he does travel. His shred is not bad, in fact i think it's good as it is but it can use a littlw quality of life which is why i think rat liver should be base. And to top it off he is the most noisy killer literally giving every info on everything he does.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

All I ask for best boy demoboi is rat liver base and an add-on rework, that alone would make him much much better.

• StaticToast
    StaticToast Member Posts: 6

In the series, the demobois hunt their prey quietly and sneakily, whih leads me to saying I agree with most others here that he needs to be quieter when moving, as well as his portal sealing times needs to be increased

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

Not really entirely on topic but it is a demo perk after all.

What killer and build do you run when you run with mindbreaker cause ive never been able to make use of it.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

As I've said before, Demo is honestly fine. These are my usual games. I get consistent 4k's and when I meet a pretty good team if not the most toxic SWF's group there is, 9/10 times I'm walking away with 2k. I don't use add-ons at all for Demo and I am by no means a Demo using expert. But I've been maining him heavily compared to other Killers I used to play in recent months. If you want to tweak his add-ons, by all means do so. But he's in a pretty good spot with more potential I've yet to unlock when it comes to proper portal placement.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Clown with Mindbreaker, Blood Echo, Coulrophobia, and either Sloppy or Forced Penance, with Solvent Jug.

Basically for any survivor that relies on their exhaustion perks this is a nightmare. They’re either without their exhaustion perk anytime they’re on a gen under 50%, or they contribute to game stall by waiting till their exhaustion is recovered before jumping on a gen less than 50%.

I started using this build mostly because of how much I hate the way coordinated SWF constantly use Head On to interrupt the chase of a teammate to help them get away. Oh and the obnoxious “wait till the last second then use my Sprint Burst” nonsense.

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

I wrote a whole list of changes I’d make to his add-ons and perks. His base kit is perfect, so I made all of his add-ons support different types of gimmicky builds, as well as some generic ones you use if you just wanna have fun.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/171767/reworks-for-demogorgons-add-ons-and-perks-redux#latest

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

All that's needed is an add on buff and OTA base speed should be 100%.

• ImJustABeeBro
    ImJustABeeBro Member Posts: 94

I feel like he should have a ambush attack where he chills inside his portal and does something

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

Sounds evil. Ima try it out myself. Thanks for your time buddy! Have a good day.