Why is Memonto Mori even a thing??????

Minaaa
Minaaa Member Posts: 60

You are basically sending 4 survivors into a game that is already lost.

Why in the world would you the creators think this is a great idea??

Do you expect 4 people are going to absolutely love going into a lost game????

If you insist on keeping bad ideas then atleast make the offering 100 times harder to get.

Comments

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

Just loop the killer around, easy

If he cant hook, he cant mori think about it

So play sneaks or extremely looper

Beside the same question goes to keys

You see a key you know as a killer that about the 3/2 gens left mark youre going to see 2 or 3 survivors escape with it (and yes the devs will also rework the keys)

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551

because its cool

• ZackaryFreeman
    ZackaryFreeman Member Posts: 42

Why are keys even a thing?

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Because the clock is always ticking and we have to make the most of the time we have

memento mori unus annus

• mayhare97
    mayhare97 Member Posts: 28

I like the concept of Moris, and sometimes they can be the only way to get even one kill against a heavily-coordinated 4-man SWF, but I do agree they are a bit too easy to get, at least the Ebony ones. I have like 11 of them because I keep getting them left and right in Bloodwebs and never used them.

• wownicedeadhard
    wownicedeadhard Member Posts: 35

Why is the Killer faster then survivors?

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

"At least they're rare", I say as I get a bloodweb with two ebony moris on it.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

In my exp 75% of all used moris are just killer reactions to survs bringing in keys in the first place. Trust me and try it out. If all 4 survs hitting ready in time with not more then like 2 toolboxes, flashlights and no key, the probability the killer brings a mori is reduced drasticly.

• Minaaa

I only started this game 3 weeks ago & i have already encountered multiple games with Ebony Mori.

There is not a snow balls chance in hell average killers can put up a fight against that.

Good to hear that the devs are going to rework it.

I don't take keys into matches, doesn't sound like much fun.

All about giving both parties a fair shot.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

To spite you

No, not general "you". You specifically user Minaaa.

It was put in to spite you

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I like the animations, but I hate the requirements and how easy it is to get a kill.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Much like keys and perks/items that counter specific killers, it was something that looked like a good idea at the time but causes issues now that people care about this game being balanced/competitive. They're already such an iconic part of the game that getting rid of them entirely is pretty much impossible.

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227
    edited August 2020

whoops, wrong tab

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

*laughs in 1200 moris*

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

I agree in the sense that ultra rare are in no way ultra rare

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

Don't die

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

The Yellow Mori is useless (if there's only one survivor left and you down them it's very rare that you can't hook them or let them bleed out to kill them.) The Green Mori is fine, one kill one hook early is a nice bonus but not overwhelming. The Red Mori is overpowered, getting multiple kills one hook early is very swingy.

The suggestion I like for them beefs up Yellow and tones down Red:

• Yellow Mori: Lets you kill any survivor you've hooked twice (aka on death hook). Better than the current version but still a relatively small bonus overall.
    • Green Mori: Lets you kill one survivor you've hooked once. (No change from the current version)
    • Red Mori: Both of the above effects. You can kill one survivor that you've hooked once and kill any survivor you've hooked twice. It's a little better than the Green but not as good as the current Red while still letting you potentially get the mori animation multiple times.
  • pwncxkes
    pwncxkes Member Posts: 235

”Just loop the killer around, easy.”

No, it’s not ‘easy’, in fact it’s really hard sometimes. Don’t just say “ Loop the killer if they have a mori.” That’s like saying if someone is pointing a gun at you and I say to you “ Just dodge the bullet because that person is going to shoot you.” like #########

Being sneaky is not fun either because if you want to escape you have to most of the time do gens and eventually your going to get caught then hooked. Being sneaky is usually not fun for both sides.

Not everyone is a looping god and not everyone wants to be a p3 Claudette.

Bottom line though keys and moris do need changes due to the fact that games can last 3 minutes with them being brought.

But I do believe that moris are a bit more powerful than keys because that you need all 5 gens done to escape the hatch and at that point the game has went by for a bit. Same goes for 1 survivor already dead because that that point the game had went by for a bit because

1) A survivor is already dead

2) A few gens need to be done and that equals to time going by and that doesn’t include being chased.

For moris to be effective for all survivors you need 4 hooks out of 12, and that is already 2/3 of the game gone. BUT the power of moris can be changed due to the skill of the survivors skill in looping the killer.

Keys and moris are around the same and do need changing, They are not healthy for the game.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Killer with a secret offering = me vaulting and attempting to run you for 5 gens. Fite me but not irl but in game.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

mori not alway great thing anyway last match I had I hooked everyont but only mori 2 and the other got out not lost game for tho survivors.

• mayhare97
    mayhare97 Member Posts: 28

Which is why I think secret offerings are pointless. Often times I'll get people clearly angry at my secret offering (and sometimes even DCing) thinking it's a Mori... but it isn't, it's a Shroud. I have literally never used a Mori. I have tons of the things hoarded in my inventory because I plan to use them on KYF eventually since that mode is for fun only, but I don't even feel comfortable bringing Shrouds anymore because Survivors will understandably think I'm bringing in something to get an easy win. I think they should make secret offerings not even show up at the start of the match, or just get rid of that concept entirely and make all offerings visible.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,064

The Ebony Mori is actually the most common Mori. I have so many more Ebony Moris than Cypress or Ivory Moris.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Yeah, green ones have to compete on the web with multiple green addons, map and bloodpoint offerings while the Ebony competes only against 2 ultra-rare add-ons, the chance of getting them is quite high.

• Minaaa

Sounds like most people agree Ebony Mori needs a nerf.