Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hot Take of the Day

DTJObe
DTJObe Member Posts: 170

Good survivors don't need to play SWF.

Bad survivors need to play SWF.

If you need your teammates to tell you that the killer is coming, then you're not good at the game.

Period.

Comments

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096

So if I just want to have fun with friends, I'm bad now?

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

DTJObe is probably one of those kills that type "LUL SWF IS ONLY REASON YOU WON" against 4 solo queue players running Bond/Kindred. Your salt doesn't exactly make you a good killer either to be fair

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Tbh when I play SWF its mostly me & my friend talking and I sometimes don't hear the killer coming because I'm too busy like, 'look at this Feng's bunny hat I'm kind of jealous tho, I want bunny Feng, should I get bunny Feng??'

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

Not for just wanting to play SWF, of course not. Nothing wrong with playing with friends.

But I have a whole new issue with SWF since crossplay. I swear to god SWFs rank-up way too fast. Even in the purple ranks nowadays, I'm going against obvious SWF groups due to coordination, but their looping and game sense is atrocious. To the point that I feel like I'm playing against yellow ranks. These people should not be in purple ranks, on their way to red.

Either MMR needs to get fixed and reactivated, or they need to seriously make pipping more difficult.

Despite what the forums claim, I rarely come across a beast of an SWF. A vast majority are clearly boosted. Which is pipping me up as Killer faster than I want. No damned way I'm ready for red ranks by any stretch of the imagination. But I've had to start throwing some matches just to stop pipping.

• LintyScorpion
    LintyScorpion Member Posts: 165

When Solo Q ing is basically russian roulette of survivors that farm you to death, survivors that hide in corners, survivors that try desperately to go for flash saves and fail, waste all the pallets, survivors that go out of their way to team with the killer/try to get you killed, or actually good survivors. I would rather stick with some good friends who at the very least know what they're supposed to be doing, and do it decent.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
  • DTJObe

Comms gives you extra distance - far more distance than even Spine Chill would give you. It also allows survivors to be more efficient with only one thinking of going for the save and allowing gens to be worked on constantly by the other three.

Comms also completely negates the stealth portion of stealth killers powers.

• DTJObe

Never said that. I said "need." If you do well without your friends, then cool: you're not bad. If you only die without friends and comms, then you're bad at the game. Period.

• DTJObe

Nah, only when it's actually true. Like against BNP, keys, and 4-stack DS/UB/BT/exhaustion perk. If you need your friends to tell you when the killer is coming or when you should be focusing on a gen, then you're bad at the game. Bottom line.

If you don't need it, then go without and prove it to yourself.

• DTJObe

Cool, but if they feed you information, then you're getting perk value for free. You're receiving help using a system the game wasn't designed to handle, and it's a crutch.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Even the unsweaty groups on comms are gonna relay information though, it'd be weird not to. Although I have told friends I'm playing with the killer is a huntress when it's actually a stealth killer, just because it's fun

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

Got my soda, got my popcorn,

Ready to sit in front of my computer for 2 hours because sh*ts about to hit the fan and if you think i'm not watching that you're stupid.

• DTJObe

Good, then you get it. The game isn't balanced around comms and it provides survivors with an unfair advantage when they use them. That's why they aren't built into the game.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

Hey hey when solo isnt a nightmare of trash players I will play it more often until then no.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

thats not even a hot take, thats common knowledge at this point.

people that rely on their SWF to boost them are bad at the game but dont want to admit it, cause "they got their 2 to 3 man escape", forgetting it was against a Wraith after they send him to Ormond, stuffed themselves with meta perks and brought strong Items. honestly at that point it would be an embarassment to not get at LEAST two out. and even that just proves they barely were able to make it even with all their crutches.

that however doesnt imply that everyone who is playing SWF was bad at the game, sometimes we just want to have fun with friends - there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

i am exclusively talking about those SWF groups that tryhard like their life depends on winning this game.

• azame

Survivor items have been nerfed majorly cant even have faster blinds! I have over 50 odd bulbs and like 100 plus hesl and halogens. They do nothing.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I don't know if it counts as a "hot take" or not, but I'd say the vast majority of people play SWF because they want to, not because they "need" to.

• Mister_xD

items still hold quite a bit of power, especially with certain Add Ons used.

you might be right that CERTAIN Add Ons or Items are quite bad, borderline useless, but, lets say, a green medkit with additional charges and speed add ons is really good for getting back in the game after the killer tried spreading the damage, or a BNP toolbox can make it super hard for the killer to build good gen pressure, especially when brought more than once. and we dont need to start talking about keys, do we?

survivor items still have quite an impact over the game. granted they are nothing when compared to killer Add Ons, but thats due to their ability to be brought multiple times in the trial.

• azame

Only medkits with charge addons and multiple bnps are game changing for survivors. BNP is a shell of its former self I'd only one is brought.

Survivor items hardly have an impact unless used optimally and in groups even then they still barely have power the addons have been gutted and we are still waiting for that iri head nerf.

Yeah they can be brought multiple times but that doesn't mean make them straight up weak. It's a waste of bp and makes survivor bloodweb polluted even more than they actually are. On top of that low bp gains the devs dont seem to care about and earning survival points being way too tedious.

• Mister_xD

i really dont know how this turned into a "are items op or not" debate tbh...

i feel like you dont give most items the credit they deserve.

Keys are obvious; maps can be really good, especially when they have the ability to track multiple things and are eigther used in a SWF or with the Crystal Bead Add On; Flashlights are really strong tools when used correctly and so are Medkits. Sabotage Toolboxes can be very good, though they can also backfire and Repair Toolboxes, especially with BNPs are still really solide items to bring.

yeah they are not AS good as they once were, but (since you brought it up let me continue with this example) BNPs back in the day were ridiculous, no matter how you view it. that applies to most of these changed Items / Add Ons btw.

Imstablind Flashlights where you could literally turn around mid chase and blind the killer before they could even react to it or Instaheal Medkits where you could bring the freshly downed survivor back to full health before the killer was even done wiping off their weapon.

the nerfs and reworks were more than justified.

so if you just compare the current version to the old one, no matter what they do (unless they break the game once again) your opinion will always stay "oh wow thats trash".

look at them from a balancing standpoint, most are a lot better than you think.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I have yet to meet a DBD player who plays SWF because they "need" to, and not just because they enjoy their friends' company while pursuing a shared hobby.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

I would say purple and pink keys are even more game changing than the medkits with charge addons you stated, as they can turn a heavily unfavourable situation into a win. I would also say that styptic and syringe add ons can both be way more game changing than charge addons at the cost of being more situational, do you disagree?

• azame
    edited August 2020

I don't know either but it is fine. I don't give items credit because a lot of them are straight up trash

Yes keys are quite obvious they can win the game earlier. Maps are OK in swf, flashlights are only good in locker tech, otherwise it depends on the killers positioning. Sabo toolboxes are ok in swf and like you said they backfire. Commodious toolboxes with double charge addons and multiple bnps are the only way to get toolbox value. You need to bring specific add ons which are hard to find for the average player in a very polluted blood web. Combine that with ######### survivor BP gains its far from fair.

Yeah they aren't as good as before, yes bnps were op and needed to be changed, but damn at least move it down a rarity it does not deserve ultra rare. I got like 70 something way too much BP for a trash add on. It should go back to purple like it used to do or move it down to green. Odd bulb for example should actually increase blind speed to like 0.75 seconds at least its very bad and does not deserve ultra rare.

They needed to be nerfed but they didn't need to be made useless. I honestly would rather them be flat out removed and gifted BP. They gut our add ons but iri head is still active and hasnt had a change yet. Sure huntress is getting an add on pass but they couldn't at least disable that broken add on?

Yeah you are right I do compare the old to the current version they are trash. They didn't even bother doing anything to flashlight add ons, Mathieu got bullied by instablinds at that event and like 2 weeks later removed the effect from the game and didn't rework ti to anything else.

From a balancing stand point it would be better to remove and rein burst the BP from these items and add ons.

• azame

Keys are sfm explanatory and bottled time can be countered by patient hits on people with medkits and waiting out it's what 8 second of use?