Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Crossplay toxic

Since I began playing with crossplay on I've never experienced so many survivors playing killer. Survivor is a team sport us vs killer ######### are you doing blocking people from exiting and tattle taling on survivors who hit the locker to avoid BBQ and chili? You wanna prove you're good then escape the killer!

Comments

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

unlucky.

curious how I dont have that issue

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Well we all have different experiences, I really like crossplay.

• Brodie
    Brodie Member Posts: 64

I turned off crossplay due to the level of toxicity from both killer and survivor.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

With crossplay on/off, there’s always toxicity. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve run a QnQ/Head on build, hop in a locker to try and save someone who’s about to go down, only for them to come and try to open the locker with the killer right there (for example, rancid abattoir coming out of the basement in the slaughterhouse).

I’ve noticed my games have less latency issues with crossplay off though, at least the past couple of days

• sswhoney1
    sswhoney1 Member Posts: 7

Yeah I've done that with head on in the gas haven where you're basically trapped with one pallet so I went in locker to save Meg only to have her open closet. Same with when you're tryna heel.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I’ve experienced extreme toxicity even before crossplay was placed in game. The fact that we can play with different people on different platforms doesn’t change that, it’s just a higher population.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

just opt out lol

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

There are a couple of Old-aryan and Noob3 fanboys that adopted some sort of game with "sandbagging" randoms - most of them have faded out by now but for awhile there after they put some "trolling" videos up I had to deal with the kiddies every couple of games - dropping shack pallet on my face as I'm being chased, repeatedly starting and letting go on the unhooking animation to replay the noise and snap your camera over and over again, etc.

Haven't seen it in awhile that seems intention (the unintentional bad body blocks still happen but I can't really blame them for being bad so *shrug*)

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 337

The toxic is real. Ive noticed a lot more camping and tunnelling than usual (which is saying something) normally you see that at ranks 20-10. Survivors will literally rat you out for nothing! if survivors go down quickly i assume the killer has BBQ and Chilli so ill hide in a locker and then come out and try and go for an unhook. I played a match a few days ago i was with 3 other survivors and they were going down one after another and i was going for unhooks and trying to do gens until someone was downed (it was happening every 30 seconds or so). Eventually 2 survivors are hooked and one is on the ground by the two hooks. I think to myself the killer will not leave that area they would be stupid to. I wait for the 2 survivors to die and the 3rd is still on the ground. I pick them up and they go off and heal. I go to work on the gen and the killer finds me, downs me and hooks me. Its my first hook and the other survivor just waits at the edge of the map for me to die. After the match the 3 survivors have the nerve to say i didnt do anything that match. It really annoys me that you try and help but you just end up getting crapped on.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Feels like I've said this exact sentence a million times now, but STOP BLAMING CROSS-PLAY! Every platform has toxic players on them, it's not exclusive to PS4, Xbox, Switch or PC. If you don't like cross-play, turn it off otherwise, stop looking for excuses to blame it.