Try shadowborn on legion, it's actually neat

sad_killer_main
sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Now I stopped playing DbD after all the night, and I tried this perk, shadowborn, on him.

I really never tried it, because I never saw it on youtubers playing legion... Etc.

But ngl, it's a nice help to have.

My thought process was: "Hey, sometimes survivors wanna trick me while I'm in feral frenzy, doing 360, moving erracticly... Etc etc. Maybe having a wider FOV can help in those situations".

And yes, while you are in feral frenzy, it does makes a difference having a wider FOV.

Firstly, psychologically, you are calm because you know you have a nice vision.

And secondly, obviosuly because of that FOV.

Just wanted to let the community know about this. I never saw legions on YouTube running this perk, so you might wanna try it ^^

Comments

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Wanna know what the problem is with Shadowborn!

1. It doesn't really effect gameplay

2. The perk is a drug! Once you get use to it, it becomes nearly impossible to stop using the perk and it feels weird when you don't use it

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

It's pretty nice QoL for Legion. I would recommend trying Monitor & Abuse as well, since it has other benefits outside of FOV.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Shadowborn is great for every killer, because a wider FOV is always gonna feel better, because who would've thought that having an actual FOV higher than ######### 87 degrees would be a good thing.

Also imagine tying game settings to a perk amiright?

• sad_killer_main

Over time, I'll know if that perk is worth the slot for me I guess.

At least that perk fits into my playstyle: having every little detail under control, map pressure, information... (that's why I main legion and doctor for example). So this perks definitely helps for that (I don't use it for other killers tho, just for those who I think they need it like legion, nurse...etc).

• sad_killer_main

It affects my gameplay at least. I'm a weird person in general, so what other stuff doesn't work for people, they work for me.

I know that perk is a "drug", but not for me. I never run it for other killers, unless I think it's really helpful due to their killer's power (legion, nurse, etc.)

I've only run shadowborn for those 2 killers in my whole life as dbd player so, I don't think I'm addicted to it lol.

• yakul1nausicaa
    yakul1nausicaa Member Posts: 128

It feels so much better running shadowborn on killers, but i only use it on the nurse as a given. The default fov seems so restricting and uncomfortable if you use shadowborn too much.

• sad_killer_main

I'll do so!

Never tried monitor on legion, but I did on deathslinger for example. Idk I'd like it...but I'll try anyways.

Because at least for deathslinger, it's soooo confusing the difference in FOV when you are in a chase and when you are not in one.

Monitor is 10 FOV, and shadowborn is 15. I know that monitor helps you with the terror radius but meh, Idk, I'll just try to see if in legion, it's confusing or not those changes in FOV.

• sad_killer_main

Not for every killer tho.

For "normal" killers like wraith, clown...etc, I don't really see the need of running this perk.

• sad_killer_main

I don't run shadowborn to "find survivors", that's obviously quite easy by Killer instinct.

I run it because as I said in my post, during feral frenzy, sometimes survivors will trick you into missing and ending your power.

With shadowborn, it's harder for them to trick me. As simple as that.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

My general build is a competitive one that seeks to amplify Legion's win condition.

I run Sloppy Butcher, PGTW, Corrupt and Monitor. These perks all encourage Survivors to heal themselves (minus Sloppy) and they give me extra time.

For add-ons I run the Stolen Sketchbook and Defaced Smiley Pin. This allows me to give even more people the Mangled status effect, combined with Monitor, makes them want to heal since I have a smaller TR.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Increased FOV is always going to be a good thing. There's literally no downside to the effect, the only problem is that it takes up 25% of your perk loadout, because once again, imagine tying basic game settings to killer perks.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

I pretty much run Shadowborn on every killer no matter what. That wider FOV is both nice to have so it doesn't feel like I'm running around while looking through binoculars, and also it's just straight up more information 100% of the time. It is never not useful.

• Xeticus
    Xeticus Member Posts: 71

Shadowborn is like Bamboozle for me. A perk I really, really like but I don't have room for in my build. If I had 5 or 6 perk slots then yes it is a done deal. As it is I need slowdown, I need chase and maybe a tracking perk. No room for Shadowborn. Honestly it should be the default FOV.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

it's kinda fun to me to put it on after not using it for so long.

I load into the trial and for a split second, my brain's like: "Wait, what?"

And then it's: "Oh yeah, Shadowborn."