Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is this kind of behavior endorsed?

I found on the Steam forums this thread:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/2727382174638583922/?ctp=5

It is about this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivizT4Hfvj0

In the video you see a streamer who played Nurse and in the next match he played as survivor and with the players he played against; when they realized who he was they tried to sabotage the streamer and let him on the hook while mocking him.

Comments

• Karkadann
    Karkadann Member Posts: 56

Okay. Sad to hear.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

It's up to the mods to ban them, and I hope they will

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

@Mycroft said:
    Yes. The developers fully endorse this kind of behavior.

No they don't, because that falls under the category of unsportsmanslike behaviour.
    There is big difference between endorsing it and not doing anything about it.
    Granted they have weird logic as they allow t-bagging, which is trolling behaviour, and yet they ban people being trolling behaviour. However, if Tru3Ta1ent decided to actually report them, then he'd have video footage as evidence and they might actually be facing a temp ban for it, and they should!

I haven't heard them say or express at any point that they endorse this kind of behaviour. If you have, please provide a link for the reference, and I'll gladly check it out. Not trying to defend the devs, because they do have some weird logic when it comes to these things, but thats not because they have bad intentions, but because they apparently doesn't understand it. So in all fairness, don't say it unless you can prove it. I know from experience that people that have done stuff like that, who were reported got temp bans, and there were also some who actually got permanent bans, depending on the severity.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Depends how you define "endorse".
    This kidn of bevhiour is actually a bannable offense, but since the devs dont do anything about it....

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

If you are on console you'll be stuck with those kind of people for the rest of your life

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2018

People are way too sensitive in this game. Had this happen to me before, I laughed it off. It's just one match. Being able to get revenge is one of the best things about this game, even if it is self sabotaging (IE, hard camping a tea bagging, bming survivor while all his buddies pop gens left and right).

• Incarnate
    edited September 2018

@HP150 said:
    People are way too sensitive in this game. Had this happen to me before, I laughed it off. It's just one match. Being able to get revenge is one of the best things about this game, even if it is self sabotaging (IE, hard camping a tea bagging, bming survivor while all his buddies pop gens left and right).

This isn't about being sensitive, basically what you're saying here is that it's acceptable that survivors should treat a fellow survivor player this way, IF they know it that it's also killer player - which it by the way isn't. This falls under the category of unsportsmanlike behaviour, and is a bannable offense. If you have a grudge, then settle it a legitimate way, like win the next match against them. Secondly, matches wouldn't exist without killer players as they're the host.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    edited September 2018

tru3 started a disgusting witch hunt with that only because his big ego got hurt. this ppl are getting harassed and insulted like crazy now, hell i even saw death threats against them. this guys did a terrible thing and should be punished for it (but tru3 didnt report them ingame what was a mistake) and tru3 also needs to get a punishment for making this guys a public target and even making a video about it. at this point he isnt better than ochido.

• Incarnate

@Kenshin said:
    tru3 started a disgusting witch hunt with that only because his big ego got hurt. this ppl are getting harassed and insulted like crazy now, hell i even saw death threats against them. this guys did a terrible thing and should be punished for it (but tru3 didnt report them ingame what was a mistake) and tru3 also needs to get a punishment for making this guys a public target and even making a video about it. at this point he isnt better than ochido.

Are you sure he was the one who started it and not just one or more his followers? Because if it's the case of the followers, then you can hold him accountable for their actions unless he specifically told them to do this.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

lol... bannable.... laugh..

The issue is when the killer and the survivors are working together to kill off other survivors. Which didn't happen here. The killer was clearly not working with the survivors.

No one said you HAVE to play as a team when playing survivor.

People won't help you because of past games they've played with you... Because you didn't agree with them on the forums... You looped them as a killer.... Many many reasons.

Suck it up buttercups.... No one said all the survivors have to play nice together.

• Kenshin
    edited September 2018

@meshugganah said:
    so, you can get your own teammates killed then?  essentially what happened.

well, he "only" got blodyblocked for 20 seconds while destroying a totem and didnt get unhooked. also they didnt stream snipe him. also it was only ONE game. if you want to ban ppl for that you need to ban over 80% of the community tbh. still not a nice move from them tho.

• KaNGoL
    KaNGoL Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2018
    Kenshin said:

Actually, Tru3 stated multiple times in the stream, not to message or bother them, that it wasn't worth it. Your opinion of him is your business, but if you're going to toss accusations, at least get the facts straight. In fact, your comment is more of a "witch hunt" against him.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    KaNGoL said:
    Kenshin said:

Actually, Tru3 stated multiple times in the stream, not to message or bother them, that it wasn't worth it.
    Yet he didnt bother on hiding the names.
  • Link
    Link Member Posts: 135
    edited September 2018

@Kenshin said:

Well i mean, this happened on stream so when he went to make the video blocking out their names wouldn't change much, he also never asked anyone to witch hunt them he even said in the description "Please do not witch hunt anyone I am showing this to show the mental gymnastics of a toxic player. I do not condone anyone to witch hunt and find out who these guys are. I used audio to show the backwards logic to justify being a prick.". It's their fault they decided to be toxic anyway especially against a streamer, im not saying they deserve the death threats, they should definitely get banned though. This kind of toxic behavior of "you beat me and my swf team so im gonna ruin your game" is disgusting and they should of expected automatic witch hunting for sandbagging a LIVE streamer, not to mention the fact they lied.

• Incarnate

@TheBean said:
    Suck it up buttercups.... No one said all the survivors have to play nice together.

Though you are supposed to work together, no matter what you say, thats how it was designed, and that is what they balancing after. If people don't work together, then it's just going to be that much harder, no matter the reason. If people are going to be petty and not being able to put those things aside and behave a bit more mature, then thats on them, and perhaps they shouldn't play!

• Kenshin

@KaNGoL said:
    Kenshin said:

Actually, Tru3 stated multiple times in the stream, not to message or bother them, that it wasn't worth it. Your opinion of him is your business, but if you're going to toss accusations, at least get the facts straight. In fact, your comment is more of a "witch hunt" against him.

thats like punshing someone in the face and not expecting that the person will get hurt. doesnt matter if he says dont bother them. his toxic community will does it anyways. its commen sense that this would happen you dont need to be a fortune teller for that. also even a streamer like him has to use the ingame report system if he wants them to get punished and he didnt. no exceptions. he rather calls the devs "them bi.tches" and makes a video about it.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Kenshin said:

He posted not to witch hunt them and even said it in the video. Tru3 cannot control the immature children who decide to act tough on the internet.

• Incarnate

@Kenshin said:
    thats like punshing someone in the face and not expecting that the person will get hurt. doesnt matter if he says dont bother them. his toxic community will does it anyways. its commen sense that this would happen you dont need to be a fortune teller for that. also even a streamer like him has to use the ingame report system if he wants them to get punished and he didnt. no exceptions. he rather calls the devs "them bi.tches" and makes a video about it.

Still you cannot hold him accountable for their actions, especially even when he did try avoid having them do that especially. He's not at fault for their actions, this is typical by the way, for streamers to be held accountable for their followers actions because of something that happens on their stream, which they had no control over! Seriously, just stop it! He had no control over what happened on his stream, and like he also said, they were stupid to it to a streamer while streaming - and it's not so weird that some people the get like some of his followers, because they're just as tired of that behaviour as the rest of us, but unfortunately they took it too far. But what his followers does, is not his responsibility, no matter what you say in this matter, it isn't.

• Kenshin

@MegaWaffle said:

@Kenshin said:

He posted not to witch hunt them and even said it in the video. Tru3 cannot control the immature children who decide to act tough on the internet.

and thats why he shouldnt make such a big fuss, report them ingame and just move on. it was only one game. but his ego got hurt so its a big deal and he even needs to make a video about it - disgusting.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Kenshin said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Kenshin said:

and thats why he shouldn't make such a big fuss, report them in game and just move on. it was only one game. but his ego got hurt so its a big deal and he even needs to make a video about it - disgusting.

You do realize the people in this video are streamers who videotaped themselves doing it. They clearly didn't mind that people saw this behavior. If Tru3 had used this video to harass them that would be different yet the very people who were being toxic had incriminated themselves. So no Tru3 didn't do anything wrong in this video. It would be like showing a video of Ochido being toxic, the guy has video evidence he himself meaning he clearly doesn't care if people see it.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Today I had the same thing. One game survs were running around my first hook like a bunch of #########, baiting me and BMing, so I killed them all, when they were trying to rescue the first guy. At the post game chat I got called a "#########", "camper" and they bothered to insult me on my Steam profile as well.

After a couple of matches later, I got parred with them in the match (I was a survivor too). Let's say it was not a pleasant game.

• RSB
    edited September 2018

@Kenshin said:

They earned it. He did not started a "witch hunt", he pointed out a serious issue among the survivors - the toxicity.

• Incarnate
    edited September 2018

@MegaWaffle said:

@Kenshin said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Kenshin said:

and thats why he shouldn't make such a big fuss, report them in game and just move on. it was only one game. but his ego got hurt so its a big deal and he even needs to make a video about it - disgusting.

You do realize the people in this video are streamers who videotaped themselves doing it. They clearly didn't mind that people saw this behavior. If Tru3 had used this video to harass them that would be different yet the very people who were being toxic had incriminated themselves. So no Tru3 didn't do anything wrong in this video. It would be like showing a video of Ochido being toxic, the guy has video evidence he himself meaning he clearly doesn't care if people see it.

I agree, they made the choice to do this to a well known streamer, while even recording themselves whilst doing it. And yes, had he wanted to start a witch hunt, it would've been a very different video, and would also be very much unlike him.

@Kenshin - The reason wasn't due to a hurt ego... "Please do not witch hunt anyone I am showing this to show the mental gymnastics of a toxic player. I do not condone anyone to witch hunt and find out who these guys are. I used audio to show the backwards logic to justify being a prick." ~Tru3Ta1ent. Not matter how much you argue, this wasn't his fault, decided to do this while he was streaming, furthermore you cannot hold someone accountable for other people's actions. He didn't start a witch hunt, and he even tried to prevent it! So Kenshin if you holding him accountable, some might begin to hold you accountable if some begin to harass Tru3Ta1ent after you trying hold him accountable, calling him a witch hunter and such, even if you don't have anything to do with it. See what I'm getting at? But the difference here though is that you're actually being an instigator.

• RSB

@Mycroft said:
    This is what we point to when we talk about survivors and their toxicity. Anyone can look at this incident where people realizing who was in their game PREMEDITATED,LY decided to screw with him and go yeah that's kinda messed up but not survivor mains. Nothing is too far for them. They will excuse anything.

Perfect example of this filthy ass 'community'

BuT BOtH SideS ARE eQuaLly TOXiC

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited September 2018

@Mycroft said:
    This is what we point to when we talk about survivors and their toxicity. Anyone can look at this incident where people realizing who was in their game PREMEDITATED,LY decided to screw with him and go yeah that's kinda messed up but not survivor mains. Nothing is too far for them. They will excuse anything.

If anyone needs a safe space in Dbd, they might want to go somewhere else. No safe spaces here.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    RSB said:

@Mycroft said:

Damn, beat me too it.
  • RSB
    edited September 2018

@Mycroft said:

@RSB said:

@Mycroft said:

Exactly, both sides do it.

Then the hashtag brigade can scamper out here and go #NotAllSurvivors

They should lead a campaign promoting a view of a non-toxic survivor. Then blame killers for everything. #SurvivorsLivesMatters #MeNot

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

It's bEHAVIOR so yes

• RSB

@Mycroft said:

@RSB said:

@Mycroft said:

@RSB said:

@Mycroft said:

Exactly, both sides do it.

Then the hashtag brigade can scamper out here and go #NotAllSurvivors

They should lead a campaign promoting a view of a non-toxic survivor. Then blame killers for everything. #SurvivorsLivesMatters #MeNot

lol

Too many letters in a row for the average survivor. They'd get lost and need a rainbow map that far into vocabulary.

Probably this.

Their brains barely can handle such complicated sentences like "git gut noob ", "#########", "######### yuo killah" and "KILLAZ WUNTZ 4K EVRITIM". And every update - "nurf killaz, we wuz nerfed".

This discussion has been closed.