Any Amazing Devour Hope Builds

So I recently started playing as hag to unlock devour Hope, however my totem usually gets destroyed right when I get to 3 tokens and I can't lie I'd like to get 5 tokens at least once but which killer and build works best with devour Hope I'd appreciate the help

Comments

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

One of the ways I've used D.hope is by not caring, like not going to the totem often.

Also hope for a good totem spawn other than that I really have no tips that can help.

For builds and killers, demo and freddy, you can set up a snare and a portal, bbq and d.hope, pop and stbfl on both work amazing.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Could go for the “toxic” build which is devour Noed (insert any two perks of choice) with an ebony 😳

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Choose a map where you think the totem will have a chance at surviving

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,797

I like running naked Devour Hope on Spirit and Hag. I run Devour Hope as my only hex because running other, more obvious hex perks like Ruin can encourage survivors to look for the hex totem before they otherwise would have any reason to. I like running it on Spirit because Haunted Ground is a Spirit perk; even if people find the totem early, people tend to be extra wary of cleansing it against Spirit before 3 tokens because they're worried it's Haunted Ground. I like running it on Hag too because she's exceptionally good at defending hex totems because of her traps.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

Hex builds are not consistent at all, because totem spawn locations are awful.

I suggest you wait until the blight comes out, unlock "Hex: Undying", and then, those builds will be consistent.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

Don't bother running it without a map offering. The totem spawns on the original maps will make it borderline impossible to utilize with any sort of consistency. Most killers can barely defend it at all; even with thrill, and your best bet to make it work is offering a map where it won't get found instantly.

Hag is meh for D-hope. Hag's main strength is denying unhooks; while devour encourages you to let them happen for free. If you trap the hook with D-hope you can accidentally deny yourself stacks if you take your teleports quickly.

As far as killers to use it on? Anyone you feel confident getting really fast downs with. I find one of the best ways to use it is usually to play like scum, sit at 24m from the hook, and try to farm anyone coming off it for a quick second stack. If you eat a DS whatever, it's worth the risk of getting to 2x stacks extremely early.

My favorite killer to use it on is Ghostface with Lery's, since it has alot of good totem spawns. Discordance, Thrilling, Devour, Enduring. Discordance + Thrilling is basically the game guiding you exactly where to go to get some quick insta-downs to kick devour off.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

Well I mean, if we are talking about devour hope, obviously it's a bad idea mixing with undying.

But hex perks that don't rely on tokens, like for example retribution, NOED...etc, could be worth it.

• notstarboard

I love it on Hag. People usually unhook once they see you not instantly teleport, so I just wait for the unhook and then teleport. Then MYC procs and DH gets a token. Use MYC to get an easy down on the rescuer, hook them, trap up, and leave the hook again. If they don't find the totem they're going to be in for a bad time.

• TitanByDaylight
    TitanByDaylight Member Posts: 169

Woah psyche them out by bringing it with spirit, that is what we call a pro gamer move

• notstarboard

Lol glad you appreciate it :D Hope it works well for ya!