The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Devs, If it's not coming out today, can you at least confirm that we have to wait?

It's frustrating as hell not knowing, if it is today, I want to make sure I have the next couple of days free to grind, making sure I have 1Mil BPs saved etc. A simple "Yes its today, or No, waiting for console cert for simultaneous release" is all we need.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited September 2018

They probably need to hide the release date or the servers will crash, especially since the game is basically free to play on PS4 now.....

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    Master said:

They probably need to hide the release date or the servers will crash, especially since the game is basically free to play on PS4 now.....

Na that was last month it’s destiny 2 and god of war 3 remastered this month
  • Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368

Patience is a virtue.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

@Sally55 said:
    Patience is a virtue.

I don't have it... now give me the DLC!!!! :P

• Davide
    Davide Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2018

If it's not coming out today it means you will have to wait. I can confirm it, it's logic ;)

Hope you will take into consideration my answer even if I'm not a dev.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

If they don't give you a date, that's your confirmation that you have to wait.

• Sam00077
    Sam00077 Member Posts: 87
    Hm
  • pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 597
    edited September 2018

2 min left

:trollface:

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

@not_Queen said:
    Soon™

This is so sad can we flag this post?

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
     I like the suspense  8-)
  • arcticxlia
    arcticxlia Member Posts: 53
    When you see this thread, see that not_queen answered and you're excited to see her response but then it's a simple "Soon"
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited September 2018

Queen gave us a response that means it's today to build up the hype

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Elegant said:
    Honestly they are the worst devs when it comes to actually telling the community about any kind of times or dates. Literally every other game lets the community know when a patch is scheduled to be released several days in advance. If not not weeks in advance. In all honesty not knowing when anything is going live just makes me really uninterested in the game. I'm in college and I don't have the patience to keep waiting and waiting and waiting for any kind of update on an estimated release time. It's annoying because they know very well when they plan on launching it, they just choose not to tell the community. This is either from laziness/not caring or they want to avoid people getting angry if they announce a time and have to delay it. Either way it's still extremely annoying.

hahahaha.. that post is funny.

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

@Someissues said:
    Queen gave us a response that means it's today to build up the hype

People would be displeased if it was a troll post by her, to say the least. ;)

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@not_Queen said:
    @HookedonDemand Soon is relative

This means it is not gonna come today :(

• HookedonDemand

@not_Queen said:

Mind Games ! :p

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@Delfador said:

@not_Queen said:

Queen can you please just say "Not Today" So we know 100% :(

• HookedonDemand

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@Delfador said:

@not_Queen said:

Queen can you please just say "Not Today" So we know 100% :(

Her answer to that will also be Soon ! I'm approaching Madness Level 3 fast now !

• Grizz
    Grizz Member Posts: 3

Devs are usually not very active in the comment section. Seeing Not_queen reply makes me think they're ready for the release and are about to push the button.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

The devs have a knack for keeping us in the dark. don't be surprised if it's not released today or tomorrow. "soon" can be a week from now for all we know, oh wait, we don't know anything at the moment.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

It's today dude, given how Queen replied a second time

• Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315

@not_Queen said:
    Lets be clear here. I cannot give any specific information yet.
    That's why it's Soon™. Nothing more I can say.

You can't say if it's today too?

• TheBean

I wonder how many people are refreshing the store page... they gonna have about 1 million hits over the next hour.

• TheBean
    edited September 2018

@not_Queen said:
    I cannot give any specific information yet.

Are you able to release stats on the forum site on how many hits it is getting right now?

• ChiTaï
    ChiTaï Member Posts: 3

Thanks for saying something about this @not_Queen, that's kind.
    It's nice from you even you can't say anything, at least we kinda know that someone is watching :)

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Sally55 said:
    Patience is a virtue.

"Not right now it isn't!"

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

Why are people so fixated on the idea that it should be coming out today? They NEVER at any point hinted at a release date.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    I can't understand why though, why the secrecy, if it's waiting certification just say so, this is a ######### way to manage content releases.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Justicar said:

Why are people so fixated on the idea that it should be coming out today? They NEVER at any point hinted at a release date.

Actually their wiki stated before the last stream that it was going to release today.. then Mcote stated on stream no confirmation and the date of release was switched but still speculated to be 9/11.............. so eat it

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

9/11 amirite?

• Rem
    Rem Member Posts: 13

I'm refreshing the store page... :( Sad sad life :(

Not really, I just love DBD ;);)

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346
    edited September 2018

When it's ready it will be out and they will announce it...
    When did you see a dev of ANY game having to go and announce "it's not out today , please wait"? Usually they announce what is coming and when it comes. They said september, so you have your answer, now wait you impatient little kid.

Lol...dumbest thing I've seen on these forums xD
    Since when a dev has to answer every kid here with a yes or no because they can't wait?

• deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    Well no mods have replied to anything in 2 hours so hope? Maybe? Then again I just want the new killer and Kate cosmetics that probably won’t be there really bad that I’ll take any hint of release. But I bet anything since I’m in Ireland I still won’t get until tomorrow due to time zones 
  • Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

@Grey87 said:
    When it's ready it will be out and they will announce it...
    When did you see a dev of ANY game having to go and announce "it's not out today , please wait"? Usually they announce what is coming and when it comes. They said september, so you have your answer, now wait you impatient little kid.

Lol...dumbest thing I've seen on these forums xD
    Since when a dev has to answer every kid here with a yes or no because they can't wait?

Literally every other company sets a release date as soon as they have one. They don't just ninja drop a patch or update. That's the problem people have. We never get any information about updates and it's frustrating

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

@ToastfaceKilla said:
    I can't understand why though, why the secrecy, if it's waiting certification just say so, this is a ######### way to manage content releases.

It's not certification because they don't have to go through all of that for steam, just consoles. There is zero legitimate reason to keep the community in the dark, especially after seeing how annoyed people are getting over it. It's on par with the "go play another game then" comment that was made on stream a little while back.

• SqrunkTrep
    SqrunkTrep Member Posts: 30

@Might_Oakk said:
    9/11 amirite?

Can't wait for November 9'th

• Wigs
    Wigs Member Posts: 9

Making PC players wait because Sony has a cumbersome update system feels bad.

They probably want to make some money off the new PSPlus players and are trying to avoid making them wait. Pretty-standard, PC-game-is-now-on-Console, developer tactics.

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187

@Elegant said:
    Honestly they are the worst devs when it comes to actually telling the community about any kind of times or dates. Literally every other game lets the community know when a patch is scheduled to be released several days in advance. If not not weeks in advance. In all honesty not knowing when anything is going live just makes me really uninterested in the game. I'm in college and I don't have the patience to keep waiting and waiting and waiting for any kind of update on an estimated release time. It's annoying because they know very well when they plan on launching it, they just choose not to tell the community. This is either from laziness/not caring or they want to avoid people getting angry if they announce a time and have to delay it. Either way it's still extremely annoying.

Enough said.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    It won't matter because the servers will die when it drops anyway. Bunch of shite this is.
  • karimew
    karimew Member Posts: 37

There was no stream scheduled for today, so of course it isn't today. The next stream is scheduled for the 13th, and the 13th is officially two weeks since the PTB for the spirit launched. If you recall, the clown came out 2 weeks after his PTB as well. Only speculation, but I think we can expect her on the 13th.

Either way, I am calm and patient. Other people need to calm down and just wait. She will come when she comes lol

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@ComelyStar said:

@Elegant said:

Enough said.

When they did reveal specific dates and couldn't meet the deadline due to unforeseen issues, they got ######### on. They picked the lesser of two evils.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@Wigs said:
    Making PC players wait because Sony has a cumbersome update system feels bad.

They probably want to make some money off the new PSPlus players and are trying to avoid making them wait. Pretty-standard, PC-game-is-now-on-Console, developer tactics.

Yeah because you know what happened with 2.0 and The Clown to players on console...

Ya serious???

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

This is so sad. Siri, play Despacito

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

the new killers is garbage. Hope they are using this time to make the adjustments needed to make her viable.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

@Bravo0413 said:
    Justicar said:

Actually their wiki stated before the last stream that it was going to release today.. then Mcote stated on stream no confirmation and the date of release was switched but still speculated to be 9/11.............. so eat it

The wiki is updated by players, not the devs, afaik.