I feel bad for Otz...

Options
Babyyy_Boyy
Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

He uploaded a video where he got 4 escaped by a group of toxic survivors and they still flashlight bm him after he played fair on a survivor favored map. He’s probably THE if not one of the most kindest YouTuber/Streamers out there. With that being said, notice how he uploaded a match where he lost and wasn’t afraid to show it meanwhile other YouTubers and streamers (not saying names) only upload games where they ONLY escape or Kill everyone. This game is just getting more toxic as the days go by.

Comments

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

that's why he needs to change his attitude towards this game and eventually the game itself will help him.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

Dude I really do at times get mad when players do Otz like this like he is one of the nicest dbd content creators I know, hes a great teacher at the game as well

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I never really got into watching Otz for some reason but he does seem like one of the nicest streamers. 🙂

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Could you link the video/vod of that match?

Would be interesting to watch

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

Which is why I don't understand when people say this game is killer-sided. When survivors can be this toxic because they're not afraid of getting hit or killed, means that they have far too many perks and tools at their disposal.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

It's not that he lost. It's that the other side was toxic with the taunts, let alone being SWF.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

I mean as toxic survivors go this was pretty light. No teabagging or pointing. Yes they did macro clicks which - why is that even a thing? But as toxicity goes this doesnt even register - at least not that I've encountered!

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,669
    Options

"The problem is a killer gets bullyed by toxic swf and they can only take it out on the people they come across in the next match. Those people didn't have anything to do with it."

Yeah, but why even take it out on them in the first place? Like, I also dont grab my Skeleton Key after I got morid by an Iri Head Huntress or a Stridor Spirit just to get a Hatch escape against that poor Wraith in the next game I play.

I am not saying that this behavior is any good and players should not act like that, but in the end, you are all getting offended by players teabagging (and flashlight-clicking) in a videogame.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

Otz imo is a decent trapper, when he has another killer in his hands hes nothing special

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

Honestly, I think EXACTLY these other youtubers are a great part of the problem. they spread a 'you must play like this and always win, otherwise you suck' mentality.

like, i recently had a match of I assume four soloQs (didn't ask) and three of them been goofing around with my deathslinger (testing new build and i'm not playing too serious anyway) but number 4 (rank 5 iirc) then went to get on our throats for how much we suck and how they'll be reporting us for griefing etc (we didn't do anything to a disadvantage of that player) and how we 'need to learn to play'

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

I wouldn't say it's toxic but it was a whole of bm for a stacked swf who sent him to an unfavorable map. Insults and racist/homophobic slurs are what I would deem toxic.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

I think he is super kind and is really good as trapper! Unfortunately, I have had teammates like this and even played against survivors who just abuse certain items and it makes the game so unplayable. Sure, you got me with the flashlight after pallet stunning me, but was it necessary to do it another five times as i break them lol. And don't even get me started on teammates who are off doing wack stuff instead of objectives. Also the killers who will camp important things ( For example: Amanda with traps, Wraith with hooked survivors, etc.) really get on my last nerve because I'm not an amazing player, but there's no skill in camping things and downing me by doing so just seems so dull. Anyways, props to Otz for being a good player, he's well loved by the community and I'm sure this group will experience a killer with no patience for their shenanigans

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Not sure why Otz decided to play dumb here.. Intentionally or not but he took no perks to help him in chase - No Bamboozle, no no PWYF, no Spirit Fury, No Im All Ears, no Blood Echo, no PWYF, absolutely nothing, not even Enduring and Brutal Force, and, also, picked a killer who has no tools to end chases, lol. Intentionally or not but he made every possible worst choice he could to prepare himself for drama. If someone is surprised that he got himself in trouble with those perks and m1 killer, you must have less than 10h in game. Is Otz a new player, too?

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

Not really. Survivor isn't challenging and frustrating enough for killers to really add fuel to the fire. I play survivor at high red ranks solo and most of my games I'm mad at the other survivors rather than the killer. My last 100 games at rank 1 have had 5 moris and 3 tunnelers / campers. I very rarely run into toxic killers, and if they are being toxic, they are ruining their game. You just don't get killers that want to intentionally ruin their game at the highest ranks. It's part of my point. Survivors can be toxic while also easily escaping. Not saying there's absolutely none, but they're few and far inbetween that the few games per 100 that I get aren't that big of a deal.

Meanwhile, like I said, within the first 2-3 killer games I get toxic survivors at rank 1. When I was in green and purple ranks I did run into quite a few toxic killers, though. It just gets rarer as you go up the ranks, the inverse is true with survivors. I don't start my killer sessions wanting to be a jerk to survivors, but survivors quickly change my mood. I imagine this is true for many killers.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

Amen to getting more annoyed with rando teammates at red ranks.

I do feel that it comes down to a lot of perception bias. Take Otzs vid. The poster is saying how survivors are toxic, etc. From what I could see it was only one Claud using the FL macro. 1 toxic survivor and you get the view that all the survivors were toxic.

When you play killer you go against 4 survivors - 4 times the chance of encountering toxicity than when you play survivor and encounter 1 killer (and to an extent 3 survivors but we'll ignore sandbagging/trolling for now).

Add to that survivors who are toxic like to play with friends and tend to also play with toxic survivors. Playing against 4 toxic survivors is a lot more infuriating than playing against 1 toxic survivor and 3 others.

• AceInTheKate
    AceInTheKate Member Posts: 100
    Options

Swfs are the true killers of this game.

• Majora
    Majora Member Posts: 207
    edited September 2020
    Options

He deserves to lose because he always plays nice. If you wanna see a streamer that actually tries to win just watch hexy

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Tbf, look at Otz's build. They're all running good perks.

• notstarboard
    Options

Doctor's power can do good work against pallets and windows, so he probably decided to use those perks elsewhere aside from STBFL. STBFL definitely helps in chase, though.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

except you ignore pretty much the entirety of the rest of my post. It's the fact that survivors are capable of doing those things without any risk. The game gives them enough chances and enough time to get away. Obviously the whole reason why you get blood points for protection hits is that they're supposed to confer risk on the one taking the hit, but this is not the case. It boils down to risk, punishment, and reward.

• notstarboard
    Options

Discordance is not a perk I like to run on Doctor, but it is quite strong. Surge is strong as well. How would you have changed his build?

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

"Why take it out on them in the first place"

Why was the swf toxic in the first place? Besides venting is good. Letting all that angry bottle up until it explodes leads to something worse.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Even Otz is supposed to lose sometimes. But does he lose enough?

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,210
    Options

because the game is survivor side that may never going to change.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329
    edited September 2020
    Options

No way they just used their flashlights for a short period of time at him. Oh the humanity!

Seriously, It's really funny when snowflakes begin to complain about spamming RMB or/and CTRL. Grow up and stop getting offended by everything.

• MrGimmsYouTube
    MrGimmsYouTube Member Posts: 47
    Options

I for one upload the good, the bad and the ugly. But massive respect to Otz. One of the reasons I am subbed to him is he is a really nice bloke in real life. GG.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    edited September 2020
    Options

Im glad to hear someone else say it!

Edit: After reading more comments, clearly noone understands what rude behavior is. Insults in chat arent the only toxic behavior, yes flashlight clicking is a rude toxic behaviour. Its the DBD variant of tbagging, which is also prevalent. Heres the thing, survivors (and some killers but mostly survivors) dont care that Tbagging and flashlight clicking are toxic, or they will look you in the eyes and say "UgH it ISnT tOXiC gIt GuD" Literally every other game this is considered rude, Not reportable but rude.

SO WHY IS IT THAT IF A KILLER DARES TO PLAY THE GAME IT IS ALL CONSIDERED TOXIC BEHAVIOUR?!?!

Thats what bothers me more than anything else. You chased to long? DIRTY TUNNELER! You were too close to the hook after hooking someone? FILTHY CAMPER! You dare to run a perk not designated as "fair?" TRASH KILLER BABY KILLER GIT GUD U BAD

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,660
    Options

Yeah gee, I wonder why they were able to toy with him so much? Maybe it's the full meta builds. Just maybe.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

I believe he's taken the video down

Gonna hazard a guess it's because of many of the more heated comments. I know I saw a couple when I was reading and it's no secret Otz reads his comments more than people prolly think he does.

As someone who saw the match live, If I were in Otz's position to be brutally honest, I likely would have just quit to save myself further frustration. DBD can be tilting when people aren't going out of their way to be annoying afterall.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Oh my,i know these guys.

They are definetely not fun to verse ^^'

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,140
    Options

I know them as well lmao. I versed them on PS4 b4 crossplay, (got a 1k brutal, F). Pretty sure they're part of PS4 tournaments but I didn't know they ALWAYS used DS + UB + SG. Screw the crutches you have the full wheelchair at this point.