If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

DbD 4.2.0 not compatible with outdated DirectX of Windows 7

Options

I couldn't test the beta, because there was an error with a DLL file, which affected only Win7 users. The official update from today doesn't work either and throws this error message. Seems to be an incompatible / outdated DLL file. Any plans to fix this bug for Win7 users?

In english:

In english: The procedure entry point "CreateDXGIFactory2" could not be located in the dynamic link library "dxgi.dll"

I guess it has something to do with the update of their graphics engine (Unreal Engine), which doesn't seem to support for Windows 7 in their newest versions, so it tries to use newer functions (CreateDXGIFactory2) which cannot be found in the older versions of DirectX DLL files under Windows 7. And Microsoft announced to stop support for DirectX on Win7 (and general support for the entire OS) long time ago. Do we have to upgrade to Windows 10 now, or plans Behaviour to release a compatibility update for the game in the near future?

15 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• NickChinchill
    NickChinchill Member Posts: 68
    Options

I've just encountered this error as well. I'm really hoping there's some kind of fix so I can keep playing :c

• Annoying_Legion_Main
    Options

same problem, if i have to pay 139 dollars to play a game ive spent about 50$ on, and if i lose my rift progress, i will be seriously pissed

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,560
    Options

Ditto, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE UP THE TOPIC YOU MUPPETS!

• Emby
    Emby Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2020
    Options

Here it is in dutch. Please upvote the topic, you guys!

Edit: total boomer with linking pictures, should've done it properly now

• Paasei
    Paasei Member Posts: 1
    Options

same thing

• fffan0903
    fffan0903 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Try installing https://reshade.me/

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,560
    Options

I fixed this by updating to Windows 10, took me 2 hours, was free and dbd works like a charm now.

I hate Windows 10 more as the next guy, but its problems I can deal with. Sorry, I can't wait for BHVR to figure it out.

• theweirdo61
    theweirdo61 Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2020
    Options

Hi there,

I'm on Win 7 64-bit SP1. As of patch 4.2 my game won't launch either. I get the initial easy anti-cheat loading with the dbd splash screen, then it goes away and the game doesn't launch after that. I do not get any error messages or notifications. I have both verified files and completely uninstalled and deleted the files and re-installed it, but the same thing happens. Worked perfectly fine prior to the update.

Edit:

This actually worked. An unofficial fix, but I can launch the game now, and to think I wasted 2 hours re-downloading and re-installing the game. Cheers dude!