Hooking survivors issue?

Is anyone else having issues since this most recent update hooking survivors? Normally the button appears, you hold it down and hook the survivor. Ever since the new update I keep swaying side to side, even when they’re not struggling, and I can barely get the hooking animation to start at times. I play on console but it doesn’t seem to be a lag issue. Anyone else had this, apologies if there is a duplicate post out there.

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I've had it since the DLC release. It seems to be super picky about when it works and doesn't. I've had matches where I hooked fine, then others where survivors wiggled free because it wouldn't hook. I think it's affecting a ton of people but still no word on a fix.

• Hey_Its_James
    Hey_Its_James Member Posts: 70

This was even before the patch, I do believe it has something to do with lag/internet connection.

Just spam the button for hooking and eventually it'll hook.

• Funcle1983
    Funcle1983 Member Posts: 78

Thanks! Glad it’s not just me and it’s a known issue.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

Same here. Most of the time I just need to keep slamming into the hook and pushing the button and they hook. One time I just had to drop the survivor on the ground cause I was running out of time and figured a "slug" was better than them wiggling away...

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

Definitely a new bug. I have never had the issue before and now it seems to happen in about every other match.

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392

Dropping the survivor below the hook and picking them up usually fixes the bug for me.

• Hey_Its_James
    Hey_Its_James Member Posts: 70

That's a bit risky since you're filling their wiggle bar.

I guess it's at least a ######### band aid, better than nothing.

• voiceofguns27
    voiceofguns27 Member Posts: 80

Yup, Behavior showcasing their talent of moving 1 step forward and 2000000000 steps back.

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193

There's a few posts now - it seems to be a widespread issue across the various platforms. I had it this morning, some hooks went fine, others were a struggle; I would say about a 1/3 od my attemped hooks had the issue.

The suggestion (and it works) is to go for the nearest hook and drop the survivior, then pick them up and hook them. Hopefully this will be fixed really quickly.