The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Interactive fire barrels

A simple idea that I thought of and put into words. Hopefully, It's a good one. If this feature was added, then a set amount of fire barrels would need to be added to each map.

Survivors:

“Trial after trial, I have seen these barrels filled with flames. I never paid them mind, ignoring them as just another cover to hide behind. But I finally touched their flames, expecting to feel the same nothingness as the campfire. To my surprise, it burned with more pain than some killers can give. I reeled my hand back, finding the cuts on them burned shut. Could this have some sort of practical application? 

-Adam Francis

When standing next to a fire barrel while injured, press m1 to hover your hand over it for 5 seconds. While using a fire barrel, you produce 100% louder groans of pain. When you are finished, you gain the Cauterized status effect. 

Cauterized: You have sealed your wounds using extreme heat. You produce no blood pools while injured, and get healed 50% faster. You lose the Cauterized status if you take any damage from the killer or are healed to healthy by any means.

Killers:

So there I was, repairing one of them blasted gennys, when that lard clown started rushin’ me. Ran 'em around for a bit, till the tosser stopped. He turned to one of them fire barrels and got a wicked grin on his face. The lad stuck his knife over it, till it was right red hot. Only took ‘em a second. Now that’s dirty fighting, that is.”

-David King

As a killer, standing near a fire barrel, pressing space will let you heat your weapon. Heating your weapon only takes 2 seconds, and lasts for 30 seconds. If you hit a survivor with a basic attack while your weapon is heated, they gain the Burned status effect. 

Burned: Cuts and bruises mixed with heat causes great pain. While burned, all grunts of pain are increased by 25%. While getting healed, healing sounds are 25% louder, healing skill checks are 30% smaller and failed healing skill checks will have a 15% additional regression penalty. You cannot use fire barrels to cauterize yourself while burned. You lose the burned status after healing to healthy by any means.

Comments