Killer interaction bug (NINTENDO SWITCH)

chimpsahoy
chimpsahoy Member Posts: 6
edited September 2020 in Bug Reporting

Anytime I am playing as killer, if I try to interact with something like a breakable wall, a pallet, a gen, a locker, or a hook, about 90% of the time it bugs out, causing me to be unable to perform the action multiple times and sometimes teleporting or getting stuck. As seen in the video with Nancy, this can also happen when picking up a survivor, although this has only happened to me once in this scenario. I've also witnessed this interaction bug happen while playing as survivor, a killer had to drop me in order to be able to hook me because the hook interaction wasn't working. This can be extremely frustrating, when you will have a hook secured but then you have to drop the survivor and they escape your grasp due to this bug. It also seriously interrupts the flow of a chase when you are trying to break a pallet or something. makes killer pretty much unplayable.

Step 1: attempt to interact with something (locker, gen, hook, pallet, breakable wall)

Step 2: notice interaction doesn't work several times, unless dropping survivor and picking up again in the case of hooks, or walking away and trying again in the case of others. Notice you may also be stuck, or may have teleported.

Killer played: doctor, ghostface

Perks played:

doctor: distressing, overcharge, unnerving presence, whispers

Ghostface: whispers, hex noed, surveillance, furtive chase

Map: midwich, Yamaoka estate, dead dawg saloon, others (bug seems to occur regardless of map)

Frequency of the issue: very often, almost every interraction attmept. 80-90% of the time.

Edit: in the 2 videos with the locker on midwich, this is the same moment but I had it in 2 videos with quick capture. I was trying to check the locker because I thought claudette was in there, I got stuck in the locker after trying to open it. I got unstuck by swinging and spamming buttons and tried to check again but was again stuck, and she jumped out and ran away.

In the first video with dwight, he was able to wiggle away because i tried to drop him in order to reset the bug.

EDIT: the videos had to be re-uploaded, so I attached them in a comment below.

Post edited by chimpsahoy on

Comments