Generator Sounds

Anyone else find the new gen sounds really loud and unpleasant to hear?

It's very obviously the sounds of a car starting which really bothers me since its a gen and not a car. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Comments

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425

No not really at first I was afraid that they didn't add any noise that a generator is being worked on now i could hear it.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

You ever hear a generator? Theyโ€™re pretty loud. Iโ€™ve hard wired a few backups and they donโ€™t mess around.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

I like the sounds, didnt know so many other people didnt.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I'm neutral on it. As long as the ranges and audibility for the Killers is the same, why should I care? I live in Maine, and I can assure you that real generators are loud as hell. Perhaps they are going for immersion on that one. My hat is off to them for the effort; I think it is a bit ungrateful to complain about something they clearly spent a lot of time on and doesn't (as far as I can tell) affect game play.

I do have Technician as a Perk and I do use it (regularly) and as far as I can tell I haven't had any more Killers finding me working on a Generator based on noise than before.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I don't mind something that's loud as long as it fits better because the way they've made it sound now I feel like I should be able to drop that ######### in one of the Autohaven Buicks and drive out

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I actually didn't mind the revving (these "gens" are literally just V8 engines wired into light towers after all), though I understand how this one really loud and jarring sound distracts from a lot of the more detailed and intricate sound design that was put into the new repair animations.

Considering this revving sounds like the gen trying to "turn over" and start, I'd say they should just adjust these sounds to only play at specific repair-progress intervals (probably around every 20-25% progress when a new pair of pistons begin to oscillate).

• AnotherJacob
    AnotherJacob Member Posts: 66

Make it hearable only for those people not working on the gen. For god sake, it's really annoying.

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

They spent time on it? Its 3 distinct sounds of someone starting a damn car over and over. If that's the thing they spend their energy and effort on sorry, there is no hope.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

Generators have an engine in them. Cars have engines. Touching two wires together when hotwiring a car is turning the engine on.

What are the Survivors doing in their new animations? Exactly that. I don't see the problem with these sounds.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

You ever see through walls? When I put on my Myers mask I can see 32m through anything. Itโ€™s crazy.

• TATAHARAMBE
    TATAHARAMBE Member Posts: 120
  • VLight
    VLight Member Posts: 126

I honestly don't mind the sound too much. It's a bit too loud though.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Yes, it's ######### awful. Idk what they were thinking adding that when the new sounds were already a great addition. Please revert, devs. It makes doing the most painful thing in the game, even more painful. And we're forced to do it for large amounts of time at once.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Just turn your volume down.

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272

The first time I heard it I thought it was a horse.

I hope they change it to something more appropriate but if not then I'd at least like my field of view not to disappear inside the generator when I'm trying to look around me while working on a gen.

• TATAHARAMBE
    TATAHARAMBE Member Posts: 120

It doesn't work like that on a game like Dead by Daylight, where you need to hear every breath, every sound the killer makes. Imagine playing vs Scratched Mirror Myers and you turn down your volume. You will absolutely not hear his breath by turning your volume down. Same with Ghostface, Deathslinger, every killer with tinkerer.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

While we're talking about new gens can we highlight sparking?

Completed gens spark.

Normal regressing gens and Pop regressing gens both spark orange.

• VicThor
    VicThor Member Posts: 347

I play survivor and I like the new sound a lot.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

i don't mind the sound design of it, but it just too loud. Like you hardly can hear the TR of killers and weirdly Technician doesn't deem the sound either ^^

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Also hate the new sounds but agree with this. Is this intentional? It was nice to visually see the different color sparks.

• ironic_void
    ironic_void Member Posts: 2

i feel like itโ€™s way harder to hear the skill check sound with the new gen noises

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

I'm with you on them relaxing on all the noise. Mainly the survivor quick action mortar shells eating away at my soul.

• nytkim
    nytkim Member Posts: 102

I hate the new gen sounds

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I hate the new sounds...who TF likes the sound of a stalled motor, for match after match? I know the Devs wanna update and enhance the game on various levels, but this is another "who asked for this/thought it was a good idea?" Like the Gen's new look and new animations to repair is grest..but that car motor stalling is just nails on a chalkboard to me....

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

why are you necroing a slightly decomposed thread (its not old but dead nonetheless)

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

The sounds were added because when they changed their base sounds it was far to quite for killers to hear if a survivor was actually on a gen and it not just ticking by itself. The change was a good one and it should stay.