Stream today? Possibly Chapter drop?

Can we get a Soon up in this ######### and generate some hype and then disappointment?

༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon the chapter. ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

Comments

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187

(It'll drop when it drops, but I just like joining in. :>)

• apathytheclown
    apathytheclown Member Posts: 295

I don’t think there is a stream today. Just a youtube video.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

today? what are u smoking dude. its gonna be soon at best.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I supported soonTM as an answer and still do. If the Devs say things like not today, then people will create threads in every single day and ask whether the chapter will drop that day or not.

However, I feel like that chapter was planned to be released this Tuesday or Thursday but due to bugs, maps etc. they pushed a little bit forward to solve problems.

If something like that is the case, we should be informed. People are waiting for the chapter to spend bloodpoints etc. It would be better, if something went wrong and they are behind their own schedule. At least they can say whether they will release the new chapter this week or the following week/s

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Hype for what?

The most important change is that huntress and hag get a decent lunge now :lol:
    And that palletbreaker and hex perk might be interesting too, but other than that...

• foxofthestars
    foxofthestars Member Posts: 157
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Yeah probably today.

• BieLey
    BieLey Member Posts: 46

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

tsk...
    all that supersticious nonsense....

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited September 2018

@Delfador said:
    However, I feel like that chapter was planned to be released this Tuesday or Thursday but due to bugs, maps etc. they pushed a little bit forward to solve problems.

No changes have been made on steamdb, meaning the build is still untouched since 6 days ago

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    BieLey said:

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

@Delfador said:
    I supported soonTM as an answer and still do. If the Devs say things like not today, then people will create threads in every single day and ask whether the chapter will drop that day or not.

If something like that is the case, we should be informed. People are waiting for the chapter to spend bloodpoints etc. It would be better, if something went wrong and they are behind their own schedule. At least they can say whether they will release the new chapter this week or the following week/s

they wouldn't take the update off ptb if they still had a lot of things to change/add/fix. Taking updates off test servers means that you have pretty much finished the update and only have a few things left to do. It's why most companies drop their update within a week of taking something off the test server. (unless something weird happens with it. In which case they normally notify the community that it's happening and that there is a delay)

• Darkside84
    Darkside84 Member Posts: 40

I don’t think there is a stream today. Just a youtube video.

It's listed as having a short 30 minute stream now. 
  • Elegant

@Boss said:
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ Makes the community have patience. ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ Make the devs communicate with their players ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

They do.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@Someissues said:

@Delfador said:

No changes have been made on steamdb, meaning the build is still untouched since 6 days ago

Feelsbad -(

• Kalec84

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

BURN THE HERETICS!!!!!!

• Tsulan

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

They do.

Yeah... "soon"

• Boss

@Tsulan said:

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

They do.

Yeah... "soon"

It's still communication.
    Plus you only name one of the worst example.
    More than enough developers provide communication that only goes 1 way: From them to the players.

• arcticxlia
    arcticxlia Member Posts: 53
    When is the stream btw
  • Elegant

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

They do.

Give me 3 different occasions where the Devs have posted a release date for any content update that wasn't a day before the update.

• karimew
    karimew Member Posts: 37

@arcticxlia said:
    When is the stream btw

It's at 2pm EST :)

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon the DLC posts ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• arcticxlia
    arcticxlia Member Posts: 53
    karimew said:

@arcticxlia said:
    When is the stream btw

It's at 2pm EST :)

Ah, okay, thank you :)
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

The suspense is killing us! If it's not out soon, we might have to resort to RL activities as replacement.
    I fully expect an increased number of lunatics on streets and in public parks, throwing pebbles at random people.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Elegant said:

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

They do.

Give me 3 different occasions where the Devs have posted a release date for any content update that wasn't a day before the update.

There are other types of communication yenno
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited September 2018

༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つBury Chapter ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    RSB said:

I'll bury my peepee in the chapter when it comes out
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@TheHourMan said:
    RSB said:

I'll bury my peepee in the chapter when it comes out

It won't, I'm using my pee pee to dig a big hole, so I can bury the new chapter, no one will have it.

༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ Dig Hole with Pee Pee༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つBury Chapter with Pee Pee ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• Elegant

Yea there is a stream today (pretty sure there wasn't going to be one before) Probably to address all of the frustration/etc that has come out in the last few days. Which is a good thing to do on their part.

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

I could be wrong, but based on the banner at the top of the forums this morning it sounds like they will be discussing a few things. BUT I don't feel as though we will have a DLC launch today. If you look the 5 community members are going to be playing Deathgarden following the live stream.

Logically, I think they would all want to be watching matches when it goes live versus playing a different game. Sorry to use logic and I know most times logic with this company can be questioned, but I don't think the new chapter is coming today.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

@Elegant said:
    Yea there is a stream today (pretty sure there wasn't going to be one before) Probably to address all of the frustration/etc that has come out in the last few days. Which is a good thing to do on their part.

Place bets now:

Devs: "Sorry we allowed the community to believe a rumor that we did nothing to dispel, and our own community manager trolled you all instead of trying to manage the situation, we are working really hard to get the chapter out, but we commited to getting it for all platforms at the same time, and we were waiting on certification/bugfixes. We will keep you informed as soon as we have a date, but we also can't commit to date because certain factors are outside of our control."

OR

Devs: "You guys shouldn't have believed the wiki, if we havn't given a date for the chapter, there is no date for the chapter, just keep playing the game and don't worry about it, it's just a game why do you have to take things so seriously, nerds."

• Elegant

@Nightmare247 said:
    I could be wrong, but based on the banner at the top of the forums this morning it sounds like they will be discussing a few things. BUT I don't feel as though we will have a DLC launch today. If you look the 5 community members are going to be playing Deathgarden following the live stream.

Logically, I think they would all want to be watching matches when it goes live versus playing a different game. Sorry to use logic and I know most times logic with this company can be questioned, but I don't think the new chapter is coming today.

It's likely not coming out today. But devs playing deathgarden isn't all that relevant. That could just as easily be to try and bring up the deathgarden numbers because of how horribly the game is doing. (has like 50 people a day average) And they don't really need to watch people play the killers/survivor.

• Elegant

And if it was coming out today they would just drop the update and likely not have a livestream. The livestream is more than likely a move to try and hold back the anger/frustration from people when the update doesn't come out. Would be really stupid from a pr perspective to not have a stream/update about the chapter today.

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544
    edited September 2018

༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon the Entity. ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ Save the world. ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• Tsulan

@ToastfaceKilla said:

@Elegant said:

Place bets now:

Devs: "Sorry we allowed the community to believe a rumor that we did nothing to dispel, and our own community manager trolled you all instead of trying to manage the situation, we are working really hard to get the chapter out, but we commited to getting it for all platforms at the same time, and we were waiting on certification/bugfixes. We will keep you informed as soon as we have a date, but we also can't commit to date because certain factors are outside of our control."

OR

Devs: "You guys shouldn't have believed the wiki, if we havn't given a date for the chapter, there is no date for the chapter, just keep playing the game and don't worry about it, it's just a game why do you have to take things so seriously, nerds."

First one.

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

@ToastfaceKilla said:
    Place bets now:

OR

Or Option 3: "We apologize that many of you believed that the DLC was coming out this week. We are unsure where the rumors started, but we never officially announced any details as to a release date. Due to our legal team issuing NDAs we were never able to discuss publically confirmation or denial. All we were able to provide is a response of Soon. We were not trolling you, we just could not honestly state any details under that agreement. We know you are all excited and we know this will happen again in the future. To prevent this we request each and every one of you wait until we officially make a statement. The old quote Assumptions make an Ass out of You and Me rings true here.

• E4TING_GLASS
    E4TING_GLASS Member Posts: 3
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/jp.ign.com/dead-by-daylight/28949/news/tgs2018dead-by-daylight?amp=1

This is a Japanese link that I translated bits of, something about a twitch booth for dbd on 9/20 which is on a Thursday and they're playing with some "pro" gamer on the 22nd. I'm assuming the drop is gonna be the 20th...sigh*
  • Elegant

@Nightmare247 said:

@ToastfaceKilla said:
    Place bets now:

OR

Or Option 3: "We apologize that many of you believed that the DLC was coming out this week. We are unsure where the rumors started, but we never officially announced any details as to a release date. Due to our legal team issuing NDAs we were never able to discuss publically confirmation or denial. All we were able to provide is a response of Soon. We were not trolling you, we just could not honestly state any details under that agreement. We know you are all excited and we know this will happen again in the future. To prevent this we request each and every one of you wait until we officially make a statement. The old quote Assumptions make an Ass out of You and Me rings true here.

What are you talking about? What NDAs? I mean sure not_queen and a few other members couldn't just post stuff. But dbd isn't owned by any outside company and answers to itself. So the higher management could have easily given permission to post/answer questions. And your last sentence is the biggest underlying issues. "...wait until we officially make a statement." That's the problem. They don't officially make statements so we never have any idea about when things come out. The rumors wouldn't have even been a thing/a problem if they normally announced release dates. If they did that then we all would have just waited for a release date announcement.

• Elegant

@ToastfaceKilla said:

@Elegant said:

Place bets now:

OR

Nah they won't be condescending/passive aggressive in their remarks on stream. Not after the one stream where they literally said for us to "go play another game if we don't like it"

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

@Elegant said:

Place bets now:

OR

I like the second one 
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@Elegant said:

@ToastfaceKilla said:

@Elegant said:

Place bets now:

OR

Nah they won't be condescending/passive aggressive in their remarks on stream. Not after the one stream where they literally said for us to "go play another game if we don't like it"

I'll beleive it when I see it, lol.

• FoggyWeather_
    FoggyWeather_ Member Posts: 163

@E4TING_GLASS said:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/jp.ign.com/dead-by-daylight/28949/news/tgs2018dead-by-daylight?amp=1

This is a Japanese link that I translated bits of, something about a twitch booth for dbd on 9/20 which is on a Thursday and they're playing with some "pro" gamer on the 22nd. I'm assuming the drop is gonna be the 20th...sigh*

If you look at the stuff that they will give to some people you see a tote bag with the Spirit Design.
    So it could mean that the release is soon. Why would they give out merch with unreleased characters. (Except for postcard from Clown as teaser)

• Kalec84

Looking at the program of today livestream, no DLC for now...

• BieLey
    BieLey Member Posts: 46

@Nightmare247 said:

@ToastfaceKilla said:
    Place bets now:

OR

Or Option 4: "We apologize that the only available time table we can give you right now is "Soon™". Instead of waiting for the new DLC, you could try out Civilization V instead Thank you for your patience.

• Boss

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

They do.

You went from general communication to the point that you actually want to complain about.
    The communication's been fine, it's just the release date that has been lacking.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

it's coming early next week

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Next week RIP

Jebaited