Daily Rituals Rework?

Options
So I've been playing for a year and a half now and this question has been on my mind for quite some time. Hopefully some of my ideas can help you devs maybe make a decision on this. 

Myself and quite a few others miss the challenge of daily rituals. Ever since the patch the daily's are just far too easy and achieveable in merely a single match. Daily Rituals give me an incentive to continue to play the game for some extra bloodpoints since I've comepleted all the achievements in the game so far. (^w^) Unfortunately the system right now just..well it's just too easy. 

I have a few ideas on how to maybe make the daily rituals more challenging but choice-wise. I feel there needs to be an implementation of a difficulty choice of daily rituals. One day I might feel stressed out and want to just enjoy a game in easy mode and one day I might want to test my luck and push out of my comfort zone. Difficulties such as easy, medium and hard could be implemented in a way to give players more of an incentive to play survivors and killers out of there comfort zone. Another idea of mine is to have two daily rituals, one for survivor and one for killer. We could also implement a weekly/monthly ritual also that is almost like an event but just for bloodpoints but not a ridiculous amount. 

I guess ever since the daily rituals nerf players have lost incentive to play other survivors/killers. I've played a lot of games and weekly/monthly rituals are certainly a popular trend and can encourage players to achieve that goal and end up with more players in the long-run. The difficulty choice is also a very unique option as survivors who are new to the game or haven't gotten the needed perks/add-ons to fulfill such daily's can simply select the easy or medium difficulty whilst experienced players could choose a harder difficulty if feeling motivated. I sincerely hope you guys consider this as daily's aren't really much of an incentive to play anymore and get's boring after a while with no goal set. I know plenty of others would agree with my opinion and ideas on this!

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this!

Sincerely, zZHorrorQueenZz

P.S. I think you guys really have done a pretty good job so far! I'm proud of how far this game and community has come and I can't wait for more content and ideas! Keep it up guys! 💙💜

Answers

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Options
    Anyone else thing we should get bonus player exp for doing dailies?
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I too miss the old, much more rewarding rituals. I would like it if they still had the 3 daily rituals you can get now but also had a section where you could have a weekly ritual. These rituals would be more difficult but could reward lots of BP or more importantly SHARDS!

• Hito420
    Hito420 Member Posts: 89
    Options

it would be nice to have it so you have a section for killer and survivor, 6 dailies (or weeklies) and reverting back to the old system, the new system is coddling the casual player too much, dailies are meant, by definition, to take a day to do, so it should be a chunk of BP, but take a while to do

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

Be careful in condemning "casual" players too fast. The bulk of most games, including this one, are made up of casual players. Though the hardcore players may be more dedicated and stick with it in the longer term, the casual players are the ones buying from the store more often and make up larger numbers on the average. Thus, no casual players, no game - or - in the least, no casual players, much more limited game due to lack of resources.

Many MMOs and online games lost site of that and are no longer around today. There needs to be a balance. I think there should be a weekly (choice between three options perhaps) ritual that is significantly harder to do and rewards higher points/shards. This would reward hardcore players, and typically be out of reach of casual players. Casual players won't have a very large argument because they still have easier daily rituals to complete.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245
    Options
    Hito420 said:

it would be nice to have it so you have a section for killer and survivor, 6 dailies (or weeklies) and reverting back to the old system, the new system is coddling the casual player too much, dailies are meant, by definition, to take a day to do, so it should be a chunk of BP, but take a while to do

Take a day to do?  Daily challenges means it's a challenge you recieve....on a daily basis. 

And some CAN take that long.  Not many though.
  • Hito420
    Hito420 Member Posts: 89
    Options

@Chrona said:
    Hito420 said:

Take a day to do?  Daily challenges means it's a challenge you recieve....on a daily basis. 

And some CAN take that long.  Not many though.

originally they were much much harder to do, and they WOULD take a day to do, at least some would, depending on how good you were, or if you had a decent match/got lucky, but the only ones ive ever had difficulty with as of late is surviving with a new item or opening an exit gate, mainly because im altruistic or getting tunneled, but back to the main point, sure they were harder to do before, but you also got a bigger chunk (150k, 200k etc if memory serves for some, while yes, now we have streamers, more double bp events, itd be nice to have something to work towards in a game rather than just the main objective, and the current dailies are relatively too simple to achieve

and im not condeming casual players, i get that the devs want to keep their playerbase for financial reasons, but like you said there needs to be a balance, if they make things too easy for one side, it gets boring for the other, and if it gets too easy for the hardcore side (like if the game itself becomes to easy to play for instance, the casual players that arent that great at running from the killers due to less game time than hardcore players, will die faster and lose intrest in the game faster) and there was a streamer (a minority of the hardcore playerbase) that were showing how to do exploits, and to my knowledge they either never got banned for it, or took a long time to get banned, dont know which, dunno how long ago that was or if anyone here remembers it