No Mither and Unbreakable

A few days ago I was really thinking about how strong it is for a survivor to have the ability to pick themselves up off the ground. Currently there's two perks (that I know of) that give you that ability, No Mither and Unbreakable. For the longest time No Mither has been seen as one of the worst perks in the game because it's one downside is too harsh for the upsides to really take effect while Unbreakable is the exact opposite, no downsides at all for such a strong ability other than only being able to use it once.

To make No Mither more viable and Unbreakable less powerful, here's what I've come up with, someone else might have had the same idea so I apologize if I'm just regurgitating what others may have said.

No Mither- Instead of starting the trail injured and broken, you start the trail healthy. Once downed, you have the ability to pick yourself up at the normal recovery rate. Once you pick yourself up, then you are broken and can't heal for the rest of the match, but you still have the ability to pick yourself up again unlike Unbreakable where it disables. You still keep the "no blood pools" thing but with that I'd also add a 50% quieter moaning to compliment the non existent blood pools and actually help with that slight bit of stealth. Another thing would be to have the broken status effect symbol appear only on the survivor's side so smart killers won't automatically know this person has the ability to pick themselves up again.

Unbreakable- Now, this perk is much simpler than No Mither, which makes it easier to nerf too. A simple change I'd make to this is to get rid of the ability to pick yourself up all together while retaining the faster recovery rate, for two reasons.

Reason 1, Bill is from L4D, I have played L4D and you do not have the ability to pick yourself up off the ground when you get downed in that game, so why can he do it in DBD?

Reason 2, you cannot tell me that having the ability to pick yourself up off the ground at a 25% faster recovery rate and still being able to heal for the rest of the match is in any way fair. The only thing that people can argue is that you can only use unbreakable once, but with the ability to heal and play normally right after really makes it so only need to use it once. And don't get me started on it's stupidly powerful synergy with Decisive Strike and Soul Guard.

This community has a hard time accepting change, whenever a new chapter comes out everyone automatically calls the killer OP because they haven't figured out how to play against them yet. So for something as powerful as Unbreakable to get nerfed as hard as I'm saying it should isn't gonna be met with a positive response, I just want to hear everyone else's opinion, because that's all this is, my opinion.

Comments