Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Lunging Attack sometimes doesn't work

Syntai
Syntai Member Posts: 38

I've stopped playing this game for a while and jumped back in arround 2 weeks ago.

(I play on PC via Steam)

I've noticed that lots of times (atleast 1-3 times per game) my lunging attack doesn't register.

My mouse is perfectly fine (Swapped it once) but sometimes while I am in a chase, I am holding M1 to go for the lunge and it just swings instantly, doing a quick attack.

This can be pretty frustrating.

Anyone else having this issue?

I've noticed it pretty much on every killer I've tested so far.

(Spirit, Freddy, Deathslinger, Wraith, Ghostface)

0 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,871
    edited September 2020

I had a similar issue with my M2 where I'd be charging a blink as Nurse and then without warning I'd just blink despite not letting go of the button. Turned out it was just my M2 breaking.

Edit: If you've tested this with multiple mice then I'm not at all sure what's up. I haven't run into this.

• Syntai

I changed my mouse once and it still happened.

I don't have any issues with it while playing other games.

It's just weird.

Sometimes I am just doing lunging-attacks freely in the open and it works perfectly, but as soon as a chase starts and when they 'should' hit, it feels like a gamble where they sometimes just bug out.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,871

This is definitely weird. Do you notice it at specific times, like right when Bloodlust pops up? I find that those sorts of things can cause the game to micro-freeze, so I wonder if maybe it loses track of you holding the mouse when something like that happens and you just end up swinging fast. Have you tried switching USB ports for your mouse too? I doubt that's it, but eliminating variables doesn't hurt.

• Syntai
    edited September 2020

Didn't try switching ports yet. I'll test it, but I also doubt that this is the issue.

At first I thought it's some kind of crossplay issue, because most of the time it happened while I was chasing console-survivors (as a PC killer).

But then it happened once or twice with PC survivors, too.

Regarding the timing I haven't noticed anything specific yet.

It happened way before Bloodlust would kick in.

It's weird. Whenever I go for longer lunges that should hit - they just interrupt early like the game tries to deny me the hit.

And I am not talking about 'barely hitting' - just the difference where a quick attack wouldnt hit, but a lunge should.

But even though I hold M1 it just instantly goes off.

Like I said, this happens like 1-3 per game. Sometimes it doesnt happen at all. Sometimes it happens twice.

It's just weird.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,365

I have this problem now, trying to do the "The final cut" challenge, and i keep failing because of this... im using an Xbox360 controller