Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do strong survivors sometimes need to be toxic in order to benefit the team?

Decent/experienced killers know when and when not to commit to a chase. Plus once you play enough killer you can identify a strong survivor and potato. Once you identify the strongest survivor, you'll leave them be for the majority of the match and target the survivors that play like baby Meg's. It's extremely rare that you'll go against four good loopers in a single match, even at red ranks.

With that in mind should a strong survivor t bag and BM the killer in order to tilt the killer and get under their skin? Causing the killer to go against their better judgement, committing to a chases they would normally not commit to. Which would cost the killer the game.

For example I'm a strong survivor, but I'm not a toxic one. I don't ever t bag or bm the killer during the game. Most of my games go like this:

I start working on a generator, the killer spots me and begins chasing me. The killer realizes that I know how to loop, and ignores me for the majority of the game. Then the game gets to two remaining survivors and the potatoes have wasted all the good pallets, and I get sacrificed on my first hook.

However, if I BM'd the killer in the first chase the killer may have committed chasing me for longer, in turn I may get sacrificed when the exit gates are powered but the three other survivors will most likely escape (as long they don't try to be heroes).

On the flip side being a strong survivor but a non-toxic one I often get given the hatch at the end of matches.

Another example is when I play killer, and normally I do not get effected by BM and I just ignore the survivors t bagging. However, there are times where I have been tilted by the survivors behaviour. Often when I'm trying to do a rift challenge with a killer I can't play or having to use terrible perks. I'll end up wasting time committing to chases I know I shouldn't be committing to.

Comment your thoughts.

Also I can't post this in the general discussion for some reason, if a mod could move it, it would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,167

Sounds like a sound tactic. Think of it like an actual horror movie: Someone see their friend in danger from some monster. The monster is almost on them, so that guy will try to distract it - shout abuse, throw things, etc.. it's actually a sound tactic to distract.

The issue is when the killer notices it, but then proceeds to hook/ sacrifice/ mori in front of you, knowing you're watching and powerless to do much else. Again, that's what sometimes happens in horror movies too! Psychological warfare from both sides.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Yea being toxic is a tactic. I'm very rarely will be toxic. Only when I feel the killer is toxic back will I be toxic.

Recently my mate got tunnelled. He got unhooked and the killer (Pig) tunnelled him down. They then proceeded to stand over them even though only 2 hens were done. So after they were unhooked the second time the killer ran back to try and tunnel them again. I decided to t-bag them so they'd chase me. Worked perfectly and we all escaped.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I try not to be but if the kill is I may do thing I wouldn't do.