Why do killers hate Object Of Obsession?

Aside from playing Hag and Trapper, Why is this perk so annoying to killers? A lot of killers say that it’s broken in a SWF because the user can make call outs but in a SWF even without the perk the whole team will make call outs, that’s the point of comms. I personally don’t mind it when playing Killer because I like to see how the survivor performs in chase with it and I’ll feel good knowing that I outplayed them at some point of the chase. I actually use Object Of Obsession in solo que more than anything because if the killer decides to go for you, you can improve on your chases. I also use it because 80% of the time my teammates don’t do well in chases so it can buy time if the killer goes for you.

Comments

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552

Same question honestly. I would have thought they would like it since it's a trade off right? Both can see each other's auras.

• ringwinning

Can you clarify? I thought the OoO user had to be looking directly at the killer to see the aura.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

Yeah I think I’ve seen a couple vids from youtubers using that perk on Midwich and the killer can never catch up to them. That’s a big R.I.P.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

I would argue that despite it feeling like an exceptionally hard counter to Freddy, that a good Freddy can work around it. If I ever use an add-on, it's the common blindness one just in case I come across Object, but I don't normally. And I managed to beat out 4 mans on maps like wretched shop before the infinites got removed. Don't get me wrong, it makes you sweat, but it feels so good knowing that you outplayed someone who is blatantly being cocky doing a gen in front of your face with sprint burst at the ready to go straight to the infinite.

• ringwinning

Thanks for clarifying! (@Rivyn too) As a baby killer this is good info to have but as a survivor main I am so sorry for your frustration tbh.

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

im a 6 meter terror radius myers, im basically freddy except i have no snares or gen teleportation

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

It gives the team far too much information, its used to be toxic, and the aura reading is completely in the survivors control.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Tbh if Im playing Ghostface, Jumpscare Myers or Wraith, I LOVE OoO.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

I run it every solo game favorite perk st the moment.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I didnt think of OoO is effectively counter Freddy, since he has no TR that no Undetectable. I dont like vs Freddy so Im happy with it.

As Killer, I usually have Rancor to teach those OoO users.

• ClickyClicky

The saddest thing about this is when you get a toxic swf with OoO just trying to annoy you, so you play scummy and they rage post game like they’ve been treated unfairly, like you’re the toxic one. Its so frequent now but listening to Almo on stream (he thinks the perk is fine btw) they judge perks based on solos and SWF is the elephant in the room. Same for totems.

The only upside to OoO is when you hard tunnel them out especially as PyramidHead because you can see their aura in a cage and then they disconnect 🤣

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Call out potential. OoO is almost certainly feeding info to friends.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

This is an odd one.

In isolation, it's fine. It's a high risk/high reward item at an individual level.

However, when dropped into a 4 man SWF, you've got a very minor risk with a massive reward, as your party will essentially know where the killer is at all times.

• Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156

I think OoO is fair when 1 survivor and killer can look at each other.

OoO with SWF = 8 eyes but killer can see only 1 people.

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2020

And thats why nobody should judge anything in this game when he does not play both sides... atleast purple ranks (duh).

its a Wallhack for already strong 4swf groups

You play Myers with a 8m Terroradius ... well too bad the obsession can see you all the time and warn everyone (taking away your biggest strength).

The OoO is most often the best looper in their team stacked with survival Perks (DH Adrenaline DS Tenacity). While the others run perks to safe him in the case he messes up.

• sadmyers
    sadmyers Member Posts: 11

On top of what everyone else said, you can't even afford to chase the guy with OoO since he will have a big headstart

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

That's because there is absolutely 0 counter to it for unlimited info.

It used to be where the killer and the survivor using it looked in each other direction, so you could counter it a little.

When used in a swf the can consistently tell the team where you are going and what you are doing.

So if 1 with the OoO is on the other side he can tell the team if he's going towards someone, so they are allready gone before you even get there.

Mostly it is run by a swf who likes to bully instead of a fun match for both sides.

Against freedy it's the most annoying cause if they're asleep, they have the aura reading even when they are next to you on the other side of a wall.

When you play freddy you can only do 2 things against it.

Either brute force your way and hope you get lucky, cause the can anticipate anything you do and there is 0 mindgaming then.

Or ignore them and hope you find the others before they sneak away by the calls of the OoO.

As I said it is usually run by a toxic swf group and very rarely by a solo.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

There's a plethora of issues that are specific to certain killer powers and to certain unlockables as well, especially TR perks and add-ons, which get totally or almost totally countered by OoO.

SWF aside, where OoO is straight-up gamebreaking, it can be really problematic in solo as well. If the survivor is competent, they always get a massive lead if you choose to go after them making themselves totally unworthy of chasing and basically being free of working on gens. If you do chase, it's a huge time investment with measly return. On certain tiles, you will actually be throwing the game if you commit and they get a head start.

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444

You might be thinking hey it sounds powerful on its own

I'm swf is a nightmare

But you ain't seen a sqaud of ooos stacked open handed.

I know someone's gonna try that now because open handed stacked is 32 meters

72 + 32 = 104 meters at that point you might as well commit self hook

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Yep. Played 5 killer games. 3 had an object.

And in general I've seen much more object of obsession users since crossplay. Maybe it's related, maybe it isn't. Still is annoying though.

• ClickyClicky

Object usage has increased since Midwich I feel.

It got out how broken it was on that map and it seems a lot of people discovered how broken it was in general on any map. Its been far more common the past few months than ever before.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Because if you're in a survive with friends you now have more information at all times than any combination of all 16 survivor perks could possibly ever give.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

This would probably increase tunnel on the OoO user to infinity.

Now they are annoying to unfun, then they would be broken strong.

• burt0r

Just like most things that had to be nerfed over the years since the devs didn't think about their potential when used on/by all 4 survivor/in a swf.

Examples that come instantly to mind would be perma sabotaged hooks, bnp, self heal and so on. If one of the 4 survivor did one of those it was okay but as soon as all did it it broke the balance

• burt0r

Remember the time when all survs ran sabo and the hook stayed down.

Ah fun times /s

Another example when game mechanics got broken once one sides got the hang of abusing it.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

The numbers I gave are just placeholders, they can be adjusted up or down to balance the buff up. Just lower them if they’re too powerul.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

I think it's just something to ######### about. The same way so many killers think SWF is just impossible to beat and ruins the game. As a killer I don't mind object at all. If the team knowing where you are makes it so you can't get kills then you need to work on your skill. The only time I feel it's completely broken is against Freddy. Other than that it's fine.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Trust me, the first chase is the only chase you will get against me playing OoO. I got many really toxic and annoying and/or sweaty SWF teams that abused this perk.

So if i get you on a hook you either never leave it or get slugged after leaving it just to make sure you get on a hook 60 seconds later.

I basically just mirror the fun i have being OoO.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 409

OoO issue is mainly the amount of free information it can give to SWF as if they need anymore haha its a pain in the butt to deal with as i say it gives SWF free information constanly and yeah it is broken if the killer is freddy. It not bad on solo but broken in SWF so it does need changing hopefully soon

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Honestly when I see object it's usually a solo player that ends up screwing over their teammates because they won't stop looking at me and I just simply waltz over

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

I mean killers also mori off of first hook to not care for survivors fun

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

its free info with no input or counter from the killers side i dont mind it as much but thats because i main nurse so it doesnt affect me but i know people DESPISE this perk and i get that