DBD has the most toxic community ever.

2»

Comments

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Oh man, Smite and the original WC3 DOTA are rough.

That said, I don't think anything will top the days of UT2004 and Ultima Online.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I've had these weirdos try and work with me in game MANY times. They don't run and will make gestures like they are pointing and clearly inferring what the want to do. I down them and take them to the basement. If they get taken off the hook, I immediately tunnel them. If I have a Mori I eliminate them. They are cheats, rats.... fleas on rats.... plague carried by fleas on rats.

Of course the other Survivors have no idea. They just see me as a tunneling creepo. :)

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

If you watch streamers, regardless of if they play killer or survivor, they make it sounds like there's no winning from the perspective of the other side.

If you are a survivor & you work on a gen, you're gen rushing. If you don't work on a gen, you're a worthless teammate or don't know how to loop. If you do loop, you're "wasting" pallets. If you're playing a killer & you chase someone & don't immediately down them, you're "getting ran" or are a "baby killer." If you do down them, you're playing an OP killer, or their teammates are trash. Or you got lucky or used OP add-ons, or the map RNG was trash or something. Always something.

Whatever, case in point being you can't win. No matter which side you play, no matter how you play, no matter what you do, they'll find something to complain about. There is neverending excuses no matter what.

And then the people that watch them do the same in end game chat.

Which is why I ignore them all & keep in game chat closed. Don't focus on that. Remember it's a video game & you're supposed to be having fun. That's the whole point. Play it the way you want to play it where it makes you enjoy the time you spend with it.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Tbh I don't really think the game is all that toxic. Sure, you get the occassional guy that throws, or the occassional guy who will work with the killer, but they're all pretty rare. If anything, it's the post game chat that's the most toxic- but that's all reportable.

I do wish though that the community would give up this 'holier than thou' mentality purely because they play more survivor or more killer then another player is just dumb imho. Especially since there are so many players that play both sides, and both sides have equally scummy things to play against- and equally entitled people.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

What really helps me maintain my zen as a killer is realizing that my win state is killing 2 survivors and playing actively. I earn less BP when I wipe them, usually.

Of course, the smurfcomps and stompcomps seem to consider their only acceptable outcome being a killer with zero BP, but that's not going to change.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I'm normal ok with 2k it the 1k or 0k that piss me off.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Hey DBD, COD wants to hold your BEER....