The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nerf pop but not DS or UB, aight fam.

Why would you even think to do this? Like stop the "oh it's not final and it's just a sneak peek towards the mid chapter", no.

Why would you even think of nerfing pop without thinking of nerfing DS or UB.

It's pretty stupid to call the devs survivor biased, but when they do stuff like this it's hard to call them not.

This needs to be balanced out from both sides, pyramid is getting nerfed, his lose lose scenarios is what made him good, we'll have to see how he turns out though. Other survivor perks are getting buffed (thankfully none of them look busted) and now pop is getting nerfed with nothing to the survivor meta being nerfed along side it.

Pop is still going to be pretty good and usable, but just why did they need to nerf it in the first place? AND why not nerf DS UB in the mean time if we're touching meta perks?

Comments

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

Pop need this nerf to pair with another regression perk like TT sourge. Pop still strong on killers.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

Guess you have good luck but because of how prevalent tunneling/slugging are, DS/UB became meta. You can deny it and say it doesnt happen to you which is fair sense it doesnt happen to every one. It is very consistent. If it wasn't consistent these perks would not be meta.

• azame

So now I ask you why is it meta? These perks were never meta except DS, but it was a second chance back then. Tunneling is often and so is slugging.

I find it very hard to believe with no obsession killers dont tunnel but if not nice for you. I actually havent been using DS DS because I handle chases. I have been running OoO, Adrenaline but then you have these killers running noed. Even a noed p3 nurse. Granted she lost. I digress running and slugging are legit strategies and DS/UB are legit counters.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited September 2020

What's funny is you can use the same logic they applied to PGTW to DS. It allows you far too much time to feel completely safe and immune (even moreso with Unbreakable) by allowing you to sit on a gen, not heal, or get into a chase to waste the killers time and hop in a locker. You should feel an "urgency" to be more proactive and safe when you've just been unhooked and are injured.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

I mean there's also the fact that Unbreakable is a fun perk to use, and that DS can be forced. and the fact that the two combined cancel out each other's counters while individually being very powerful perks. I assume those reasons are atleast part of the reason that theyre meta.

If you are very consistently being tunneled and slugged what are you doing? I honestly want to know cause I try to get slugged for one of my builds yet it often doesn't work.

Also I still don't see how either of them are required. you encounter the thing theyre strong against often, that means you get value from it, that doesn't mean that they're required. I wouldn't say there's a single perk on either side that is required.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

I think this would go such a long way towards making DS less of a nightmare for killers. It'd be much easier to ignore a survivor who is suspiciously doing no interactions and being near you for a minute than someone who just does ######### in your face.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,289

All BHVR needs to do for PH primarily is make it easier to apply torment and smooth out his controls while using Rites of Judgement and he'd be worth playing. Torment is pretty useless because it's too easy to avoid. Only good thing about PH is his skillshot.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

If you thought there weren't enough killers using Ruin+Undying, that's about to change now.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Welp, if DS ate two nerfs and is still meta af, imagine how it was at release. I played against four hook states for a pretty long time.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

They are not. I almost never use them.

They might be extremely helpfull against ,,some players" and some players deserve it to get hit by it thousends of times but its ot required.

In fact they need changes. Maybe not neccesary nerfs, but changes so they cant be abused but rather be used against ,,the right ones"

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

You are entitled as well for saying this. God forbid anyone has an opinion.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,765

Every killer did not leave after the Ruin nerf. Everyone said they were going to leave and then life went on as normal. I didn't notice long survivor queue times at all when Ruin was nerfed. All of that pretty much started when Crossplay went live.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I think it's a poor decision to make this change before we get that trial start-up phase thingy, but I can still see Pop being a meta perk.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Here is a big brain move take the ds early? So you don’t have to wait 2 minutes because you don’t want to eat the stun??? While combined with UB needs to see some change ds isn’t this god tier perk it’s a one and done and most people waste it early

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241

1 time use perk

vs

11 times use perk

See how stupid your argument of comparing different perks are?

• KettleWettle
    KettleWettle Member Posts: 149

Omg you guys are such babies, Pop needed to be nerfed and it's still a good perk, It barely even got nerfed and all of the killer mains always complain when their meta perk that carries their hand 24/7 actually gets dealt with. Stop saying " Why would you even think of nerfing pop without thinking of nerfing DS or UB " because first of all, UB is perfectly fine, the perk is literally a one-time use throughout the whole game whereas pop can be used infinitely throughout the whole entire match. Now for Decisive Strike, yes It is due for a change, but you guys always complain when an overpowered killer perk gets nerfed and expect the devs to nerf every semi-decent survivor perk.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,765

How is my post entitled? It is entitled to think that you deserve a corresponding change when a change is made to benefit the side you do not main. You don't deserve anything. That's my point.

Entitled: They nerfed Pop. That means they need to nerf DS because my "side" deserves just compensation.

Not-entitled: DS is too strong and needs a nerf.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Tanking DS's early would destroy my early game pressure, especially if there's more than 1. You can only tank them if the survivors let you have it, which good survivors wont do.

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369

Its all about the money money money.

• Deathstroke667
    Deathstroke667 Member Posts: 15

It was pretty broken yes lol.

Killers also make the game, they need to keep killers satisfied because the game won't run correctly if half the killers are gone, so i don't know about that.

• bala1236
    bala1236 Member Posts: 13

I can tell you don't play killer. Get to rank 1 killer ( which I doubt you will ) and get back to what you said. Pop is used 11 times ( It has a potential to be used 11 times but you can never pull off so many pop's in a high level game ) because the gen speed's are so broken at high level gameplay. 1 man gen takes 80 seconds and 2 man gen takes 47 seconds. You guys made the devs to nerf compound 21, PH. Sure.... Nerf pop. Might as well make the killer "non-scary".

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

If they aren’t forcing it on you or using it on you then what is the issue?

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

Pop is getting a cooldown? That's ######### pathetic. It already has a built in cooldown, it's called getting a hook.

I love the continued punishment to killers for doing their objective efficiently.

pathetic, and honestly, completely predictable. alot of people said after the Ruin nerf that Pop would be next because it was all we had.

I'm so ######### over it

• azame

DS/UB have always countered eachother weakness why is it only now they are meta. Not because people are just finding out.

Not much you can do as soon as you go down the killer has the option. Bad positioned teammates being near when j go down cause a slug. It's a common strategy used for pressure why are acting as if it isn't.

If you encounter the things it's used against often it is required because without them they hurt you. there is no real not to sur them. A lot of killers preach about how tunneling is an optimal strat to force a 3v1. If the killer knows you have no DS you get hard tunneled. During the DS bug that really showed just how much some killer want to tunnel to death.

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369

I had 10minute survivor queues after the Ruin nerf. It went better after they nerfed toolboxes and co-op repair speed.

• azame

Probably because like alot of killers say the optimal tunneling strategy would be extremely common.

12 hook games give the most bp and are pretty fun for me. Even then with DS/UB it doesnt guarantee a 12 hook game there are too many situations that can cancel that such as slugging. The psychological effect was intended to discourage the attempt to delete survivors 2 minutes into the match.

DS has always been a perk designed to be bold that's why its original design was litterally just a get out of jail card. Nothing wrong with aggressive plays just another thing you need to look out for.

• Hopesfall

there was alot of complaining about queue times after Ruin, not sure how anyone can deny that

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241

If gen speed is broken then a 15 second difference wouldn't be such an issue for you.

• skarsguts
    skarsguts Member Posts: 179
    edited September 2020

DS and UB can only be used once per match, if even given the chance all.

PGTW can be used every time you hook someone. Why is this even something to complain about? You can't walk to a gen within 45 seconds?

I can foresee DS being nerfed to 45 seconds now because of the crybabies in this thread.

Also, did you really just say Tunnelhead's lose-lose scenario is good? You really think a killer that you can't vault or throw a pallet down against is good? A killer that can get away with hitting you no matter what you do? Please stop playing the game.

• Hopesfall
    edited September 2020

So I'm just wondering what perks BHVR wants me to use as killer to slow down the stupid gen speeds?

Discordance inherently does nothing but tell me where 2+ are located, but I can't chase them all at once.

Corrupt only lasts 2 minutes and only blocks 3 gens.

Tinkerer doesn't slow gens down.

"Ruin" by itself is useless if it spawns next to gens or in the open, which is 90% of the time. If you add Undying, well there's 2 perk slots gone for 2 totems that could be cleansed in the first minute of the game.

Thrilling Tremors is a joke, 15sec block is nothing.

Surge is a whopping 6 second regression.

Lullaby could be cleansed immediately, and even if it's up whole game, it's dependent on survivor messing up.

Guess I'll get rushed and have EGC start 5mins into the match. Fun.

• SimplyNotFun
    SimplyNotFun Member Posts: 70

What is UB? And omg you don’t even realize how bad DS actually is? Why would they need to nerf a one time use tiny stun perk? That’s dumb. I think it should be usable EVERY time you get off the hook. It’s a perk! It should benefit you throughout the game not just once. Killer perks last the whole match. You as a killer get infinite POP charges don’t you? Maaaaaan, Survivor perks suck! 😂😂 if anything they need better ones!