We're Gonna Live Forever

It's no secret that there is a large disparity between the killer's "BBQ and Chili" vs the survivor's "We're Gonna Live Forever". The killer should almost always get a minimum of 3 tokens, usually 4. And the killer does it by doing what they naturally do. On the other hand, it is a crap shoot getting tokens as a survivor using WGLF. If the survivor's have a perfect game by completing all the generators without any survivor being injured then the survivors would gain 0 tokens for WGLF. BBQ also has a very powerful secondary effect while WGLF has none. To address these issues, I propose the following change:

(Current) We're Gonna Live Forever: Your few friends deserve the best protection. Each time you rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, gain 25 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 50/75/100 %.
The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-trial.

(Suggested) We're Gonna Live Forever: Your few friends deserve the best team mate. Each time you complete a generator, pallet stun the killer, sabotage a hook near a carried survivor, rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, gain 20 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 60/80/100 %. Whenever you unhook a survivor, reveal the killer's aura for 4 seconds.
The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-trial.

This would reward survivors for the various contributions they make to the team effort of surviving the trial. It would also provide a fair secondary bonus in line with what BBQ provides killers.

Comments

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

i like the idea

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Stop comparing WGLF and BBQ.
    BBQ was changed to solve survivor issues and still survivor complain.
    After WGLF got introduced the lobby waiting times for survivor skyrocketed, because to many player switched to survivor to farm BPs.
    They needed to give killer a similar perk to balance things out.
    And at the same time they gave BBQ the aura read to reduce camping by giving the killer a reason to actually leave the victim.
    So no, BBQ is not more powerful than WGLF, because basically all it does is made to benefit the survivor.
    Stop being greedy, survivor are already in charge of the game, no need to cater them even more.
    They do not need as many bloodpoints as killer, since they can grab stuff during matches and can keep the same items for several matches while the killer always lose their stuff.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614
    edited September 2018

@Wolf74 said:

BBQ was changed to solve survivor issues and still survivor complain..
    So no, BBQ is not more powerful than WGLF, because basically all it does is made to benefit the survivor.

Yep, what we call benefits here is a Billy who rushes and down 4 survivors on Cornfield in less than a minute just because he can see their auras. So what he does is hook - he sees 1 aura - rush and down him - rush back the hook, rushes the sad guy who went to help the hook, rushes back to the guy who downed first to finish the guy who went to heal him. GG ! Ofc that is a perfect world for him but I've seen it happens. And spare me the lessons how to hide from BBQ - I know very well. You just can't hide when healing or unhooking - imagine I am that guy. If there should be something to give the killer a reason to leave it should be on the survivor side - a perk or just kill the killers blood points or improved ranking where camping dont ever pip or depip - there are millions of options

Post edited by Haku on
  • Wolf74

And because some very few highly skilled killer playing one specific killer with that perk is the reason to gut this perk for all of them?
    So tell me again, why did SC not get a nerf so far? Or DS, or SB?
    Because every survivor can take maximum benefit from it?
    Oh yea, and that's why WGLF needs a buff, huh?
    Because it's killer counterpart is to strong on ONE killer. slowclap

• Haku

If it was strong on only one killer it was not gonna be used by 90+ % of the killers - it is for me very very convenient perk for the killers. For survivors I think they should atleast merge the WGLF and that speed healing perk when you unhook someone even though that may cause some problems with people going crazy unhooking instead of doing gens.

• Wolf74

@Haku said:
    If it was strong on only one killer it was not gonna be used by 90+ % of the killers -

That is downright wrong(a lie?).
    The most used perk by far is Self Care with 84%.
    No other perk is near that rate.
    The use of BBQ is even behind Ruin and Ruin is in the same range as SB and DS.
    Maybe you are just misinformed, but if you don't know any numbers, don't state them like truth.

• Haku

@Wolf74 said:

@Haku said:
    If it was strong on only one killer it was not gonna be used by 90+ % of the killers -

Maybe you are just misinformed, but if you don't know any numbers, don't state them like truth.

I use the information I have based on what I see in game around the rank I play. I check the killers perks after every single game I play. It is BBQ majority of the time in high ranks. I couldn't find the full list of most used killer perks where you got your numbers from but it seems it was from a stream and people reporting BBQ to be around 50% nearly 7 months ago. Now here are my current facts vs your old facts unless you provide me a link to current stats:
    1. SC - part of the kit of Claudette Morel - one of the original survivors - date of release - june 2016/ the date of DBD release/
    2. BBQ - part of the kit of The Cannibal - DLC killer - date of release - September 2017 - that's 12 months ago
    3. Your stats based on official dbd stream - date of release - 7 months ago is what I found here but you can correct me
    So we got your info based on facts release few months after BBQ was relealsed and almost 2 years after SC was released. Also we have to add here BBQ is part of a DLC which means people have to pay for it. Also the The Cannibal cannot be bought with shards in game. Also BBQ have been since its release only ONCE on the Shrine /shortly after its release actually/ compared to 4 times to SC which is also ** free and easy to get**. After all think I'll change my initial statement to - " If it was strong on only one killer it was not gonna be used by 90+ % of the killers who actually have the perk

• Wolf74

@Dreamnomad said:

@Wolf74 said:
    Stop comparing WGLF and BBQ.
    BBQ was changed to solve survivor issues and still survivor complain.
    After WGLF got introduced the lobby waiting times for survivor skyrocketed, because to many player switched to survivor to farm BPs.
    They needed to give killer a similar perk to balance things out.
    And at the same time they gave BBQ the aura read to reduce camping by giving the killer a reason to actually leave the victim.
    Stop being greedy, survivor are already in charge of the game, no need to cater them even more.
    They do not need as many bloodpoints as killer, since they can grab stuff during matches and can keep the same items for several matches while the killer always lose their stuff.

Stop making assumptions. I'm not some "greedy survivor". I primarily play as a killer. Every now and again, I feel like playing as a survivor but lose motivation when it comes to how many bloodpoints I earn. As a killer, I earn 50,000 or more bloodpoints per match consistently (with survivor pudding it's typically 80,000 to 90,000). If it's less than that, it is usually because one or more survivors disconnected or the survivors were all just killed too quickly. Once in a blue moon, I have a terrible game and only hook 2 different survivors. And I still get around 30,000 blood points! You just can't help but get lots of bloodpoints as a killer running BBQ!

On the other hand, playing as a survivor is a total gambit for earning bloodpoints. Sure, sometimes I'll have those games where I run We're Gonna Live Forever and get 4 tokens and manage to escape or at least die last and make around 37,000 or so bloodpoints. Then sometimes you get those games where the killer stumbles across you first and you either get camped or your team mates farm you and you get under 5,000 blood points. From where I sit, the survivors assume 100% of the risk with 50% of the reward. I honestly don't know how my lobbies fill up reasonably fast.

Congrats, you are one of the very few outstanding killer in the game. Enjoy, but do not believe that to be the gameexperience of most killer.
    (coughIF you are telling the truthcough)

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

@Wolf74 said:

I wish there was a way to have stats generated for PS4 players. Outside of posting a few hundred post game screenshots, I'm not sure how to prove it to you.

• Haku

@Wolf74 said:

@Haku said:

I have my facts based on the what I see in game playing around my rank. Currently majority of killers in high ranks run BBQ. I tried to find the list of most used killer perks where you got your numbers from and it seems it is from an official stream and people are reporting BBQ around 50% usage 7 months ago. Now here are my current facts vs your old facts unless you provide me a link with new stats
    1. SC - part of Claudette's kit, one of the original survivors - date of release june 2016/the date DBD was released/
    2. BBQ - part of Cannibal's kit, DLC killer - date of release - september 2017
    3. Your info - date of release - 7 months ago is what I found but you can correct me here
    So what we have here is your stats being collected few months after BBQ was released and almost 2 years after SC was released. Also BBQ is a part of DLC which means people have to pay for it/compared to SC which is free/. Also Cannibal cannot be bought with shards in game so you still have to pay for it. Also BBQ has been since its release only ONCE on the shrine/shortly after its release actually/ compared to 4 to SC which is also is free and easy to get - so you still have to pay for it. Now with all that in mind I'll change my initial statement to - "If it was strong on only one killer it was not gonna be used by 90+ % of the killers who actually have it

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited September 2018

@Dreamnomad said:
    Stop making assumptions.

Don't bother arguing with Wolf74. He doesn't bring anything constructive to the table at all and resorts to the 'killer main' argument.
    I agree with this change to WGLF, but I think it shouldn't require 5 tokens. That's five hits that you need to take which can be nearly impossible to manage without self-care, medkits, or SWF teammates, or Survivors who are actually dependable, which is quite rare.
    I'd reduce the required WGLF stacks to two, 50% each, to a maximum of 100%. Or make it four stacks, 50% each, to a maximum of 200%.
    Losing a health state and risking being tunneled to death afterwards, or potentially never getting healed, is too dangerous to require so many tokens for so little reward.

• Dreamnomad

@Judgement said:

@Dreamnomad said:
    Stop making assumptions.

Don't bother arguing with Wolf74. He doesn't bring anything constructive to the table at all and resorts to the 'killer main' argument.
    I agree with this change to WGLF, but I think it shouldn't require 5 tokens. That's five hits that you need to take which can be nearly impossible to manage without self-care, medkits, or SWF teammates, or Survivors who are actually dependable, which is quite rare.
    I'd reduce the required WGLF stacks to two, 50% each, to a maximum of 100%. Or make it four stacks, 50% each, to a maximum of 200%.
    Losing a health state and risking being tunneled to death afterwards, or potentially never getting healed, is too dangerous to require so many tokens for so little reward.

Well, I was recommending 5 stacks because of the number of different ways in which they could be acquired. Finishing 2 generators, landing 2 pallet stuns, and making 1 hook rescue for instance is not atypical for a survivor. I personally wouldn't care if they kept it at 25% per token. I just think WGLF should reward different objectives other than just hook rescue and body blocks.

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk Member Posts: 59
    I love using We’re Gonna Live Forever and I really do like your suggestion.

I agree it is a pain in the ass to get stacks from time to time because you might have a team not getting hooked or taking your unhooks or even a Killer knocks you out of the game first.  It would be a great change because there really are no perks for Survivors that reward Bloodpoints compared to Killers.  Turning We’re Gonna Live Forever into a Survivor version of Barbeque & Chili would be pretty nice.
  • Wolf74

@Dreamnomad said:

@Wolf74 said:

I wish there was a way to have stats generated for PS4 players. Outside of posting a few hundred post game screenshots, I'm not sure how to prove it to you.

Maybe you should start streaming on twitch on load up videos on YouTube,. I would watch your videos to learn how to get better as a killer.
    If you think all killer are so terribly fine now, you must be a killer god.

• Dreamnomad

@Wolf74 said:

@Dreamnomad said:

@Wolf74 said:

Maybe you should start streaming on twitch on load up videos on YouTube,. I would watch your videos to learn how to get better as a killer.
    If you think all killer are so terribly fine now, you must be a killer god.

This is getting off topic, but I can't stream because my internet isn't good enough. I have uploaded a few videos on youtube under username EQ2lornick. I'm not amazing at video editing though. If you want to talk about this stuff send me a private message though so the thread doesn't get completely derailed.

• Wolf74

Actually this is not really off topic, because you claim to get 50k BPs as a killer literally every game and still 35k BPs as survivor.
    And that's your main anchor point of why WGLF needs a buff compared to BBQ.
    So I really would like to see that.

On the other hand I still think that it is actually needed that killer gain more BP per match, since they a) are the only player that will play the whole game from start to end, no matter what and b) killer need to spent more BPs on add ons, since they lose them all the time and survivor can restock during matches and reuse items. (A lot of killer only perform well with add ons)

• Dreamnomad

Okay, here is actual evidence. This isn't a massive sample size, but it is consistent with my experience. I ran 5 games as wraith with survivor pudding. Perks I was using were Nurse's Calling, Brutal Strength, BBQ, Ruin. Add ons were Windstorm White (considerably increases movement speed while cloaked) and Blind Warrior White (mangled and hemorrhage with surprise attack). Results were:

Game 1: 77,000 (4 tokens)
    Game 2: 89,730 (4 tokens)
    Game 3: 61,550 (3 tokens)
    Game 4: 92,757 (4 tokens)
    Game 5: 90,594 (4 tokens)

Total: 411,631 (19 tokens)
    Average: 82,326 (3.8 tokens)

I then played 5 games as Feng Min using survivor cakes running the following perks: Borrowed Time, We're Gonna Live Forever, Self Care and Deliverance. I used a green flashlight with green add ons. I made every possible attempt to earn tokens for WGLF. Results were:

Game 1: 26,236 (1 token)
    Game 2: 73,320 (3 tokens)
    Game 3: 16,608 (0 tokens)
    Game 4: 39,468 (1 token)
    Game 5: 25,112 (1 token)

Total: 180,744 (6 tokens)
    Average: 36,148 (1.2 tokens)

I played those as rank 1 killer and rank 8 survivor. I wasn't sandbagging to taint the results. They were my honest best effort with both. As far as time per game goes, my total time playing as pretty similar. I didn't run a stop watch though. I feel like if my sample size was larger the results would largely be the same. Anyone that wishes to continue disputing the disparity between BBQ and WGLF, I challenge you to perform a similar test and post your honest results.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

@Dreamnomad said:
    Okay, here is actual evidence. This isn't a massive sample size, but it is consistent with my experience. I ran 5 games as wraith with survivor pudding. Perks I was using were Nurse's Calling, Brutal Strength, BBQ, Ruin. Add ons were Windstorm White (considerably increases movement speed while cloaked) and Blind Warrior White (mangled and hemorrhage with surprise attack). Results were:

Game 1: 77,000 (4 tokens)
    Game 2: 89,730 (4 tokens)
    Game 3: 61,550 (3 tokens)
    Game 4: 92,757 (4 tokens)
    Game 5: 90,594 (4 tokens)

Total: 411,631 (19 tokens)
    Average: 82,326 (3.8 tokens)

I then played 5 games as Feng Min using survivor cakes running the following perks: Borrowed Time, We're Gonna Live Forever, Self Care and Deliverance. I used a green flashlight with green add ons. I made every possible attempt to earn tokens for WGLF. Results were:

Game 1: 26,236 (1 token)
    Game 2: 73,320 (3 tokens)
    Game 3: 16,608 (0 tokens)
    Game 4: 39,468 (1 token)
    Game 5: 25,112 (1 token)

Total: 180,744 (6 tokens)
    Average: 36,148 (1.2 tokens)

I played those as rank 1 killer and rank 8 survivor. I wasn't sandbagging to taint the results. They were my honest best effort with both. As far as time per game goes, my total time playing as pretty similar. I didn't run a stop watch though. I feel like if my sample size was larger the results would largely be the same. Anyone that wishes to continue disputing the disparity between BBQ and WGLF, I challenge you to perform a similar test and post your honest results.

Awesome.

Now divide them by the time you spent in lobby/loading time/ingame.

You will see that survivors have much higher BP per hour potential, especially nowadays, with MASSIVE lobby times for killers.

• Dreamnomad

@PureHostility said:

You will see that survivors have much higher BP per hour potential, especially nowadays, with MASSIVE lobby times for killers.

Except that wasn't remotely the case. I played roughly an hour and a half for each.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited September 2018

@Dreamnomad said:

@PureHostility said:

Except that wasn't remotely the case. I played roughly an hour and a half for each.

I don't believe you, not at all, considering right now, I waited 8 minutes for a single game as a killer.
    Meanwhile, I could do 2 quick suicide runs as a survivor, getting plenty of BPs and actually WAY more shards in that time. (there is a reason why survivor mains have higher account levels than killer mains).

• Wolf74

@Dreamnomad said:

Anyone that wishes to continue disputing the disparity between BBQ and WGLF,

I am still waiting on your thoughts on the things I said…
    -Killer are the only ones that will for sure play the whole match, no matter what.
    -Survivor can get items during matches (and keep them)
    -Survivor can use the same items multiple times, while killer lose their stuff every match.
    -Killer are way more add on dependent to perform well and therefore need to burn more bloodpoints.
    -If survivor would gain equal or more bloodpoints, why should anybody want to play killer (when the game is higly favoring survivor anyway)?

• NiteN_⑨
    NiteN_⑨ Member Posts: 37

I've suggested this once and I'll do it again.

No Mither will grant a 100% bonus to the user’s individual bloodpoints if that player escapes

I feel it's more balanced for both sides and could be stacked with the current WGLF. Could also help with lobby wait times for killers by enticing players to play more survivor for more bloodpoints.

• Wolf74

@NiteN_⑨ said:

No Mither will grant a 100% bonus to the user’s individual bloodpoints if that player escapes

I feel it's more balanced for both sides and could be stacked with the current WGLF. Could also help with lobby wait times for killers by enticing players to play more survivor for more bloodpoints.

Big Nono again.
    NM is already a dangerous perk to dabble with balancewise.
    It pretty much negates any one shot ability. How do you want to balance those if every other survivor is running NM?

• Dreamnomad

@Wolf74 said:

@Dreamnomad said:

-Killer are the only ones that will for sure play the whole match, no matter what.
    -Survivor can use the same items multiple times, while killer lose their stuff every match.
    -Killer are way more add on dependent to perform well and therefore need to burn more bloodpoints.
    -If survivor would gain equal or more bloodpoints, why should anybody want to play killer (when the game is higly favoring survivor anyway)?

I'll be happy to address these points.

This is because killers are the only ones guaranteed to live each match. Survivors assume 100% of the risk in this game. Survivors also gain 0 bloodpoints when just dangling on the hook being camped. They also get 0 bloodpoints in the long game while they are crouching around looking for the hatch. They also gain 0 bloodpoints waiting in lobbies.

This is true. They can also lose their items very easily. I would argue that even if survivors had a stockpile of 1,000 flashlights that the killer has the advantage when they show up with a chainsaw or whatever. Killers also have perks that counter items nicely. Namely Franklin's Demise, Lightborn, and Hangman's Trick.

This is a false premise. There are currently 14 survivors with a total of 56 available perks available. There are 13 killers with a total of 51 available perks. Therefore if your goal is to max out all possible perks then it actually takes more bloodpoints to achieve that as a survivor compared to a killer. You can also earn bloodpoints as either a survivor or killer and spend them on which ever you choose. The point I'm making is that this game is a grind no matter how you play and all players need bloodpoints.

-If survivor would gain equal or more bloodpoints, why should anybody want to play killer (when the game is highly favoring survivor anyway)?

I find this to be the most ridiculous question of all. Why would anyone want to play killer? Because it is more fun! Playing as the killer makes you the star of the game. You get to set the rules and pace of the game. You get to murder everyone while they can literally do nothing in response. I think the better question is why anyone bothers playing as a survivor? Don't get me wrong. I'm glad they do, but I still haven't really figured out why.

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk Member Posts: 59
    Wolf74 said:

@Dreamnomad said:

No #########.  Obviously the Killer is going to stay the whole round assuming they do not rage quit because they could not kill anyone.  That still leaves them with a higher Bloodpoint potential each gain especially if they run the necessary perks and offerings for even more Bloodpoints.

What kind of excuse is that?  Sure, Survivors can get new items each game if they choose to do so but it is all based on RNG and surviving.  If I open a chest and get a map, am I supposed to be blessed?  No because maps are useless.  Survivors would also have to run perks that increase their loot luck which is just a waste of a perk slot.  I would rather take the Bloodpoint perks and get what I want in the Blood Web.

Of course Survivors can reuse items because they lose it if they die which is bound to happen.  If Survivors brought in an item in and they are guaranteed to lose it when they escape, why bring it in the first place or waste time searching chests?

I completely agree but Killers have the advantage when it comes to grinding out Bloodpoints.  Survivors are at the disadvantage and that should not be the case.  I should not have to switch to a Killer if I am running low on Bloodpoints.

That is by far the silliest question yet.  Maybe some players prefer playing the Killer rather than a Survivor?  I enjoy both but I should not have to choose one playing style over the other because of a Bloodpoint advantage.  Some players are better Killers and vice versa.

Wolf74 said:

@NiteN_⑨ said:

Big Nono again.
    It pretty much negates any one shot ability. How do you want to balance those if every other survivor is running NM?

Lol.  

Did you read or think about what you wrote before posting?  “No Mither negates any one shot ability.”

It does not matter because any attack can knock you down in one hit.  You are always at one shot.  You are essentially always exposed.
  • Dreamnomad

@Wolf74 said:

@Dreamnomad said:

I'll be happy to address these points.

This is because killers are the only ones guaranteed to live each match. Survivors assume 100% of the risk in this game. Survivors also gain 0 bloodpoints when just dangling on the hook being camped. They also get 0 bloodpoints in the long game while they are crouching around looking for the hatch. They also gain 0 bloodpoints waiting in lobbies.

This is true. They can also lose their items very easily. I would argue that even if survivors had a stockpile of 1,000 flashlights that the killer has the advantage when they show up with a chainsaw or whatever. Killers also have perks that counter items nicely. Namely Franklin's Demise, Lightborn, and Hangman's Trick.

This is a false premise. There are currently 14 survivors with a total of 56 available perks available. There are 13 killers with a total of 51 available perks. Therefore if your goal is to max out all possible perks then it actually takes more bloodpoints to achieve that as a survivor compared to a killer. You can also earn bloodpoints as either a survivor or killer and spend them on which ever you choose. The point I'm making is that this game is a grind no matter how you play and all players need bloodpoints.

-If survivor would gain equal or more bloodpoints, why should anybody want to play killer (when the game is highly favoring survivor anyway)?

I find this to be the most ridiculous question of all. Why would anyone want to play killer? Because it is more fun! Playing as the killer makes you the star of the game. You get to set the rules and pace of the game. You get to murder everyone while they can literally do nothing in response. I think the better question is why anyone bothers playing as a survivor? Don't get me wrong. I'm glad they do, but I still haven't really figured out why.

• Dreamnomad
    edited September 2018

delete

Post edited by Dreamnomad on
  • Dreamnomad
    edited September 2018

delete

• Dreamnomad
    edited September 2018

delete

• NiteN_⑨
    NiteN_⑨ Member Posts: 37

@Wolf74 said:

@NiteN_⑨ said:

Big Nono again.

But they can still be one shot what are you talking about

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@PureHostility said:

@Dreamnomad said:

@PureHostility said:

I don't believe you, not at all, considering right now, I waited 8 minutes for a single game as a killer.
    Meanwhile, I could do 2 quick suicide runs as a survivor, getting plenty of BPs and actually WAY more shards in that time. (there is a reason why survivor mains have higher account levels than killer mains).

I get into matches with no issues at rank 3 and killers at those ranks aren't complaining about queue times either and in fact get into them pretty quickly. The only time it's a long wait for either side is between 3 am PST and 5 am PSt.

This is on NA PC btw and I've gotten people who i know are in other regions sometimes connecting.