Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Sabotaging tips

I've tried sabo saving people recently.

However numerous things kinda go wrong:

I predict a hook and as soon as they see me with a toolbox they just leave the hook...

I predict a hook correctly, but get hit, sabo the hook then get hit again, they get saved but at what cost because I'm now going to get hooked..

I predict a hook correctly, I get hit, sabo hook, I dead hard away, but they drop the survivor and end up chasing me till I get downed.

I suppose the third one is the best outcome because you buy time whilst the killer is chasing you for people to do gens and get the downed survivor back up.

But idk I dont feel rewarded when this happens I feel like I've done all that for nothing, do people feel honoured when they get sabo saved idek anymore.

Help:

How do I get the hook sabo without getting downed (no dead hard)

What is the fastest toolbox and add ons for sabotaging

Is it worth it

Sabo build idea?

Comments

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    edited September 2020

If you use the perk saboteur, you will see auras of hooks when a survivor is being carried - it really helps you to choose which hook to sabo. If there are many hooks in one area, then I wouldn't bother saboing.

The best way to sabo without being hit is to hide around the nearest hook and sabo as soon as you see the killer go towards it. You should be able to destroy it before he gets to you.

And a good sabo build is: Breakout, Mettle of Man, Saboteur and Empathy. Works pretty well, if you want to take hits

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638
    edited September 2020

Alex’s Toolbox is great for Sabotaging. Along with the add-ons: Hacksaw for speed, and Grip Wrench for increasing the time the hook stays broken.

I’d say sabotaging is worth it depending on the Killer you’re up against. (Playstyle wise.) Some Killers really hate Sabo players and would probably force you out of the game, or they’ll DC themselves. Other Killers, who happen to have Iron Grasp and Agitation, also makes this play just, not worth it.

All in all, it’s a really risky play that requires taking a lot of Protection Hits. Saving your teammates is good, but make sure to protect yourself as well. (Mettle of Man should help with this.)

In the end, it rewards you with some Altruism and Boldness points, along with a (hopefully) saved teammate.