I'd like to know why in 2020 hook deadzones still exist.

How absurd is it that I I end up killing someone on a hook in a certain spot of the map. Survivors who go down in this area will now be impossible to hook. Sure you can play the wiggle free chase you again game that will completely lose you the match in hopes of getting one kill.

Simple solution 4 extra hooks in the corner of each map. Or they even spawn there LATE when the nearest hook is gone.

Comments

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

You do realize if someone gets unhooked and someone gets put on the same hook it's the same feeling 4head. And the entity doesn't care for survivors

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I wouldn't mind if the hooks didn't disappear after a survivor got sacrificed on the hook, but adding more hooks to the corners of maps will just make Sabotage even more useless.

Also, in most cases, that's something you can pay attention to, in most cases you always have the possibility to hook survivors on other hooks so you don't create a deadzone of hooks in one area. Unless of course every one of the survivors gets downed in the same corner when they are dead on hook, which is pretty damn unlikely though.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2020

I don’t think the devs took this into account when changing the hook placements. One of the Oak offerings should be made baseline.

And to anyone that says to just learn the hook placements, you can’t learn them if not enough hooks spawned in an area! What am I supposed to do if I have two downed Survivors but only one hook spawned nearby? Slugging them to death is going to be boring for both sides and bringing a perk or offering to fix RNG is incredibly stupid and shouldn’t be a thing (sometimes even Iron Grasp and Agitation might not be enough).

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    edited September 2020

Thats why I use Iron Grasp. I've never lost anyone with it. ❤️

• Human_Giraffe
    Human_Giraffe Member Posts: 123

This is why you have designated hooks for survivors. Don't go for what's closest go for one that is for that survivor.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Or better yet the hooks SHOULDNT vanish after death because there is no reason that they should.

You also shouldn't have to use a certain perk or have it be IMPOSSIBLE to make a hook depending on where the survivors go down.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

You don’t even need to lose hooks. Some maps just start with deadzones. Down your first survivor near one of the exit gates on Gideon? Well there’s a very high chance there’s no hook you can carry them to.

• SoShiny
    SoShiny Member Posts: 30

If I remember right, the hook de spawn mechanic was added to fix a very old issue in the game(I want to say it had to do with old old sabotage) but the fix is now very outdated and now causes this issue. Unless they have some other idea in the works to resolve this issue, I would agree that hooks shouldn't despawn anymore.

• ASurvkillivorer

Not to mention not even having the choice to create them or not if AWARE you are about to.

The one that made me make this was on a map where there was only one possible hook I could make in an entire area. When that person died there was no longer a hook in the area I could possibly make.

I think its from crappy RNG that takes the basement into consideration but then at the same time doesn't consider HOW you would get into that basement. Meaning if I could walk in a perfect straight line to the basement I could make the hook at like 98% wiggle. But in reality I will have to make multiple turns making getting there or anywhere for that matter impossible.

• ASurvkillivorer

Yeah I always thought it was stupid. It doesn't make any sense why its needed. Other than to create this problem in the first place so of course some survivors won't want it changed.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I also add Agitation, Mad grit, Monstrous shrine to make sure every hook is a basement hook. So I never lost any hook. (Im Trapper main)

My topic about deadzone hook https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/132367/game-is-trolling-me-as-killer#latest

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Running to spent hooks is survivor strategy. As killer the goal is to herd survivors away from such areas.

As killer I like to have an idea of where I'm going to hook someone before I down them and try and plan accordingly. I play a lot of set-up killer though Trapper and Hag so I like to hook folks among traps I'd placed earlier, than a new hook with new traps. Not everything goes to plan though.

I can see how it might be an 'outdated' mechanic but at the same time I think it adds an extra element to think about and makes the game more interesting overall. The map evolves as the game progresses, killers get pallets out of the way, survivors can leverage areas where hooks are out of the way.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,384

I remember this one Midwich game I played where I lost my first hook because I happened to down the first survivor in a room of a hallway that happened to not spawn a single hook.