Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Hit Validation not working.

i'm on pc, both of these videos are in the same match, i have 50 ping, spine chill and resilience and still i get hit from far away from the window

hope this gets improved, there's no benefit of hit validation if these hits still connect

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• LittilAvindar
    LittilAvindar Member Posts: 255
    edited October 2020

Is the hit validation system actually up and running? Cuz, coulda fooled me! I can't tell you how many times I've been swung at, heard the whiff, and then a second later, I'm taking damage. Had a match against a Doctor who hit me well after I flipped a pallet (from the opposite side, ofc), and both of us jutted in like 3 different locations, and then when he used the forced to drag me back and pick me up, he skipped and rubber-banded forward and to the side, before finally hooking me, like 10 feet away from the hook. He eventually slid there, though. It seems like they're still favoring the killer's perspective, or whatever. From hits to the movements and hooks, the killer controls the tempo. If he says you were 10 feet behind where you are now, you're going down, and you're going to slide 10 feet back. The only thing that seems to be survivor-based is where the survivor lands on the ground. Occasionally, when that hit from 25 feet away happens, the killer will still have to run all the way over to where I'm down. When that happens, it looks like an actual lag switch, but I'm sure it's just that state of the art hit validation system.

Seriously, though, at times, thanks to the lag, some of these killers have a hit range farther than everyone's grandpa claims to have had to walk barefoot to school in the snow everyday.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,978

Hit validation is definitely live and we're taking feedback on it.

It's going to prioritise the player who has the best ping to the server - so if someone has a 20 ping and someone has a 60 ping, then the person with the 20 ping is going to take priority.

Please remember that this is currently a Beta test, which is why we're taking feedback and watching the situation carefully.

• felipe101
    felipe101 Member Posts: 6

Yes i agree, but i doubt this person has better ping than me. His steam profile said he's from Bolivia, i'm from Brazil and we're playing on Brazil servers. We can't know for sure but i doubt he has less than 50 ping considering this.

By the way, it would be very helpful to be able to see the killer's ping the same way you can see the others survivor's ping in the pause menu, to at least play around laggy killers if this beta gets disabled. It would lead to less frustration to know you have to jump the window or drop the pallet early to avoid this situation.