The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Solo queue improving idea

I_rely_on_spineChill
I_rely_on_spineChill Member Posts: 5
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hi guys! So basically, I have this idea, that can help the solo queue experience. What if, when a survivor dies first or second hook, the other survivors lose the total of points the dead player won. I think this can discourage ignoring hooked people and encourage doing objectives and getting into chases, to get more points and minimize the chances of you not getting saved from the hook.

Tell me what y'all think!

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

This would be super punishing if players are face camped out of the game.

Imagine an insidious bubba in the basement watching over his hooked prey. If the survivors try to save, they will fall victim to his chainsaw, if they let the hooked one die, they lose points.

Adding insult to injury is when the bubba goes and does it to a second survivor, who would have acquired more points.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

??? No. Definitely no.

A lot of survivors aren't ignoring a hooked survivor, that survivor is usually getting patrolled and camped so they're rushing gens out before the survivor dies. Dying on 2nd hook is pretty common in higher ranks, especially now, this would be way too punishing. Let's not forget the ones who want out of the game and will get themselves killed on hook asap. Solo survivors are already punished enough by losing the match if one person dies quickly, and already get god awful BPs, you don't need to punish them further. Ridiculous idea.

• TN_Chris
    TN_Chris Member Posts: 28

This was an idea for solo queue I had several days ago. Could be one of those deals where it sounds better in your head but, I'll share anyway...

I pretty much always play by myself and agree it can get pretty frustrating. This is just a thought, and it's probably already been mentioned before, but what about a pre-made, in-game command system (no voice, just text). Something that you see on a lot of first-person shooters? Maybe have 3-5 (or however many), quick, easy to toggle command options. Maybe #1 says "Complete the objectives!", #2 says "I need healing", #3 says "Power exit gates!", etc. For instance, depending on the command a slugged player selected, you'd know whether or not they have unbreakable/adrenaline and don't need healing. A small text with the players name, would let you know which player(s) sent which command.

The pic below is just something that I quickly found on google, but with a pretty similar concept. Does anyone think something like this could help solo survivors...or is this a dumb idea?

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

God no.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/195648/this-issue-needs-to-be-addressed-before-top-down-balancing-can-take-place/p1?new=1

And I'm not the first one to talk about similar text wheels that are used in other Assymetrical Horror games that copied from DbD. The reasons for not doing it still baffle me because it's been brought up for years