Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Let's stop with this devs are bias towards one side stuff.

Comments

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286

Quote from the Patch Notes itself "Pallet loops in the maps of Macmillan Estate, Autohaven Wreckers and Coldwind Farm themes have been tweaked in order to increase their fun factor"

Even though it's implied that the Killer's fun is in mind that change was made to better refine the loop mechanic with hitbox changes around loops and acceleration changes made on the same Patch.

Newer Killers have to buy Freddy and he isn't a free win as is implied that way. If "baby" killers face "baby" survivors why change something around that level of gameplay (low skill and full of mistakes from both sides) yet the Balance team still focus on changes that affect all levels of play for a better experience on "baby" survivors.

And just because of that last line, "Baby" Survivors have SWF, which isn't behind a paywall, and even without knowing friends to play, there are various Discord servers to play that way.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Onis original nerfs, ruins nerf was brutal, hillbilly took a big one unnecessarily, demo got nerfed before his release and look where he is lol..there are examples

• YukariTheAlpaca
    YukariTheAlpaca Member Posts: 184
    edited October 2020

Honestly? DS isn't as much of the problem as it is the hook system in general. Killers should not be notified where a survivor is hooked or when they are saved. Killers waste time picking up a survivor and hooking them. Killers should teleport survivors to a random hook a set distance away similar to Cages of Atonement. Then we can give DS a different function, and maybe increase the time it takes to unhook survivors, making it a better stall tool to hook them rather than slug them. I had an idea where survivors would die on the ground after going down and just respawn at another location until running out of lives. Let us review scenarios that are created by the awful hooking system:

• Camping
    • Tunneling
    • Face Camping
    • The feel that killers need to patrol nearby to secure a kill towards their objective.
    • Less time to apply pressure to the (already insanely fast) generators, since they need to pick up and hook said survivors.
    • The fact that on the survivor's end, the game basically pauses until rescue.
    • The fact that on the killer's end, the game can basically pause until the survivor dies or someone attempts to save.

As much as people hate Deathgarden, the game's original life system kept the gameplay fast paced and fun for everyone. Hooking feels like a chore for both sides. With a life system in DBD, the above scenarios would not exist and the gameplay can be kept fast paced. My solution to stop slugging and add potential stall is by keeping hooks as stall tools. Hooking a survivor would not kill them or make them spend a life, but (with a major increase to the time taken to save someone from a hook) could be used as a stall tool. If no one comes to save, hooked survivors can attempt to struggle off the hook a set amount of times before they automatically jump off themselves. Boom, no need to change most of the perks in the game, and DS can stay how it is but is not a crutch.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

oni's hard nerfs were reverted and made 90 degree flick. Ruin got changed to be more consistent bad players got destroyed while good players hit great skill checks consistently enough to make it useless. Billy is fine his add ons arent too bad. Demo has really strong chase power and can sue shred to zone and end loops.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Demos chase isn't what I'd call super strong tbh..so many loops prevent it from effective use

• BestGame
    BestGame Member Posts: 69

" voice coms are not our problem "..... how that's not bias ?

one more... rework old hex ruin ( they said punishing newbie )... now all game gen rushing ( with prove thyself + toolbox )...

and you said still not bias ?

just play killer and how many times u can 3 or 4 kill now... count now... and also count old one....

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

The biggest problem I see is there are so many people that can't tell the difference between subjectivity and objectivity when it comes to their own opinions. People make the presumption that their personal opinion is unbiased and objective. The fact is most opinions are subjective to some degree regardless of how hard we try to make them objective. You can hold an opinion that is 100% correct subjectively, but may be 100% wrong objectively. Objectively it's even possible for an opinion to be neither right or wrong.

If you consider your own opinion unbiased yet someone disagrees you are forced to either consider their opinion biased (killer/survivor sided) or you are forced to consider the possibility that your opinion may not be as objective as you thought. Reading this forum it's obvious which choice most people make.

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239

when the survivor side can go 4 man no voice comms 0 perks or items and still stomp a game. you know theres a balance issue.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited October 2020

their doing there best but they can make some really questionable decisions.

remember when flashlight saves were changed for a bit to basically be skilless since you just had to blind the killer during any point in the pick up animation, that was dumb and somehow made it to the live game.

Post edited by AChaoticKiller on
  • azame

Where is it about "acceleration" and "hitboxes?" The tweak litterally shortened every filler pallet except a select few on the maps.

Hes not a free win but the og 3 billy, trapper, wraith are relatively easy to pick up. If they enjoy themselves a 5 dollar purchase wouldnt seem big for an extremely easy and strong character to play. I dont remember saying we should change in the name of baby players. Thats the dev team not me.

Baby survivors can only be carried by a good swf and an average killer. A 1v3 from the start isnt winnable. Swf doesnt guarentee wins.

• azame

I remember abusing that. I also said that about pyramid head, legion, death slinger, spirit. The devs dont put much thought into things.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Almost none of the things you mentioned are actual nerfs, they are more just fixes. Instaheals, pallet vaccum, and infinites should never have been in the game to begin with. Also, skill and survivor don't belong in the same sentence Playing survivor is incredibly braindead. I play killer far more and still reach rank 1 survivor every month.

In terms of the devs being survivor-sided, I think it's more that they don't understand their own game. They think it is balanced because they don't pay attention to top-level play.

• azame
    edited October 2020

How where they not meant to be in the game? What? 😂 Listen man vacuum pallets were in the game to combat latency at first. Infinites yeah they werent supposed to be in the game. It is still a nerf because they are weaker than what they used to be. Nerf means making something weaker.

Honestly your argument falls apart when you say the op stuff wasn't meant to be in the game. Are you trying to say the devs put all this stuff in the game that wasnt intended. It clearly wasnt a bug.

Also even though killer rank 1 is harder it isnt that harder. Back in the day killer rank 1 took major skill. Nowadays the game is much easier for killers. Flexing rank 1 killer is dumb as well. Also rank doesn't even matter.

Post edited by azame on
  • woundcowboy

The devs 100% put stuff in the game that they had no idea about, hence why it was nerfed (which also supports them not knowing the game). I do agree that rank isn't a great measure of skill, but my point is that playing survivor is extremely easy. It's literally just knowing tiles and pathing. It isn't hard, especially when you add in broken stuff like Dead hard and Decisive.

• azame

They put stuff in the game they didnt realize would be broken. That doesnt mean it wasnt intended. This is evidence with moris and keys. Also survivor is not extremely easy to get good at. Just because you know what the tiles are and what is correct pathing does not mean you can preform such tasks.

Using such simple wording makes anything sound easy. "Killer is litterally just pressing m2 and space a couple of times and knowing when to turn to your camera." Killer isnt that hard in pubs. Both sides take skill to play at comp level killer more but it's just like rank.

• woundcowboy

There is far more skill as killer, especially when you consider the various powers (aiming, Nurse blinks, etc...) and you also have to have keen game sense of which gens to control, when to stop chasing, as well as pathing.

I'm telling you as a casual survivor that it is insanely easy. If a killer chooses to chase me near one or more strong loops, they are losing at least 2 gens. You have to earn everything as killer (even with the strongest perks like pop and BBQ), but if you fail at survivor and dropping pallets, you get rewarded with dead hard, decisive, and unbreakable. The game holds you hand. There is no comparison.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

Lol you’re forgetting about trash perks killers get like forced penance, gear head, blood favour and unnecessary nerfs like hillbilly’s. Survivors on the other hand get good perks like soul guard, blood pact, for the people. Etc. While you could argue blood pact and for the people aren’t that strong, they’re much stronger than killer’s trash perks. The only decent perks killers have gotten recently is undying.

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

And how did they word the rework that's what i'm saying the reason behind the nerf could off been justified but when they explained the reason for it was for the survivors, take the DR rework when they explained the rework survivors were not having fun against the DR.

What you don't understand is it's not always the change to a perk, item etc but the way they explain it in the patch notes that can make things sound survivor or killer sided. Each change there is something in the patch notes that makes something sound 1 sided even if it's not, they need to look at how they are explaining the change and not just say "because survivors are not having fun against this killer we are going to change them" that is survivor bias even if the change is to make the killer better because they explained it that way it comes across survivor bias.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

you could've combined your killer points with the unnecessary nerf of gearhead.

• ThePolice
  • azame
  • azame

OH I understand what you mean. Your problem is their wording which I can agree on. They word things poorly. They are afraid to say nerf because of the negative connotation. Even this that are a downright nerf are called "changes." I agree with you.

• azame

Billy needed add on nerfs. Also he still isnt bad if you are a good billy. He has more of a skill cap. I only wish they adjusted double engravings by giving them hear cooldowns.

So we gonna mention dark sense, deja vu, camaraderie, second wind, baby sitter. These are all bad survivor perks. Undying is far from decent. Its extremely strong against solo and litterally the small pp build for killers. I'm considering maining solo gaurd to punish killers running this build.

• azame

Dont say various. The only real skill is nurse. An average slinger with average aim can use his zoning to make up for the poor aim. Huntress has generous hitboxes. I guess you could say they take skill. In my opinion it's not the most due to how they have cheesy powers.

I honestly like to chase your survivor as oni. You are exaggerating heavily on how easy survivor is. You don't really earn pop or bbq you kinda just do your objective but ok. Dead hard isn't gonna fix multip mistakes. DS isnt crutch it doesn't help in chase. Unbreakable is doing what it is supposed to do. Counter slugging.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

Yeah it didnt seem like a great perk anyway, probably the most confusing nerf I've seen from them.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited October 2020

They said they would buff solo survivors but have clearly thrown that idea in the dirt after they updated a PERK that should have been made baseline.

If SWF are going to remain untouched because they generate money and keep the game alive. Then the devs need to admit how much information they have and just freely give that to solo survivors baseline, so they to can also ignore 90% of the games perks, and just run the meta bt, ds, UB and x unfun perk for the killer. Then buff killers accordingly.

I am sure if survivors could permanently see an outline of each other and see the killer within x distance of the hook and a totem counter. It would change things drastically for solo.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

A bad slinger can catch up by just spamming ads, you can be the worst slinget and still catch up.

• azame

Yeah even then I still think he has a skill cap but that zone to catch up really kinda throws it out the window.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

This post is bias towards the Devs.

Probably, I didn't read anything but the title.

• ThePolice

I’m counting recent perks, deja vu are non teachable perks, if you wanted I could list all the trash killer perks and it would certainly outnumber the trash survivor perks

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

No, survivor is way easier than killer. When I play killer, I need my wits about me and the slightest thing going wrong means that I have lost the match meanwhile I have played survivor stoned out of my mind and has managed to not only survive but rescue others. Hell---I ran a nurse around while high on two edibles.

• azame
    edited October 2020

Honestly if you dont mind list out both sides of trash perks. If you do I can do it.

• azame

Survivor is easier than killer but that doesn't mean getting good isnt hard. If you were to verse an actually good killer high. You are losing. That's a 1v3 to your team. Also if you ran a nurse on edibles she clearly was not good.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

There are four times as many survivors. It would be strange if they were not a bit bias towards survivor side.

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180

You're wrong,. Do I need to pull up past dev blogs for you to read? Also the devs have actually said they prioritise survivors issues over killer issues and the head game director even said that people should play another game if they don't like it.

• azame
  • LuffyBlack

She was fine. Good enough to make me panic that they kicking in during the chase

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615

So, I hear a lot of back and forth over this, but I PERSONALLY think the Devs are at least marginally Survivor-biased. Dead By Daylight is a 1v4 game, so naturally, there will be more people playing the group of 4 at any given time.

However, this doesn't mean that the Developers should prioritize Survivors over Killers. For the longest time, I have believed that the Killers should be the power role, as they have fewer members, and escape should NOT be as easy as it is today. Perhaps the Devs don't see it this way, but when they make comments such as Almo's statement on the reasoning behind Pop Goes the Weasel's nerf, it becomes very difficult to feel like they AREN'T heavily biased towards Survivors, especially when they give no remark on Decisive Strike, which shares a similar issue, or really any problem Killers have on the whole.

• azame
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

To be fair, for a very long time the Devs had massive survivor bias in almost every update description. Even the Doc rework was all about how fun it was for survivors, not how the killer was weak and needed buffed.

I'm glad they stopped with that. It was... Really, really wierd. Especially since their actions spoke differently. It was like they were spoonfeeding survivors to stop the mindless mains from revolting.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I'll never stop believing they are killer biased. It is absurd. All you have to do is look at the trends. In 2021, survivors will have no pallets, nowhere to hide, and inability to run.

• azame

Yes doc was extremely annoying. His changed not only buffed him but made him more annoying. Also in patch 2.0 they quite litterally said they adjusted the pallets on macmillan, coldwind, and autohaven to "increase their fun factor." This definetly had the killers fun in mind because all the filler pallets were shortened except a select few. Is that bias?

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

No, that's actually the point where I would say they stopped doing that. And, like I said, it was only in the description and announcements of the updates - the actual content was relatively neutral.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I've played since 2016 and trust me, new DS is stronger than the old one which reguired you to wiggle. Cannot tell how many times DS saved me as a survivor, it's amazing perk but definitely too OP at current stage

• ThePolice
  • StevePerryPsychOut
    StevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 190

They have before, they showed that killers averaged 3k a game and all the killer stans lost their collective minds and spent the next 3 months justifying why the statistics weren't accurate, and since killers have only recieved more buffs.

• azame

Alright deerstalker,remember me, unrelenting, coulrophobia , blood echo, and even distressing can be good perks.

Deerstalker is good on any ki km let with high slug value (plague,nurse , billy, even oni). Its just a great perk to have also its especially useful during this sound bug crisis.

Remember is a good endgame perk alone or paired with no ed. It can pretty much win games where you close the hatch against one survivor or buy you enough time when at end game against 2 maybe 3 but that comes down to luck then.

Unrelenting Is an odd one but against optimal survivors who dont throw pallets when you lunge early you have enough time to catch up and get a hit.

Coulrophobia is great for anti heal. It's in it's best wwhen combined with sloppy or distressing but when survivors are constantly 1 hit chases are cut down in half.

Blood echo can soft counter dead hard and the anti heal meta. Either the survivors waste time healing or they dont and lose their exhaustion perk. It really is a great perk if you can consistently apply pressure.

Distressing just helps with slugging with infectious due to your insanely large terror radius. It synergizes well with coulrophobia. It also gives extra bp which is always nice.

• azame

You are gonna tell me a good nurse cant down a guy whos high on 2 edibles quickly? Alright you can take this argument I guess.

• LuffyBlack

I don't know what you want me to say tbh lol. But I think I will.