What's up with DC'ing against Legion?

Why so many people dc at the sight of Legion (or his power) or in middle of the game?

I know he can be annoying, but really? I understand lower ranks, but high greens, purples and even red ranks?

Comments

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

Survivor players are sick of his power forcing them to sit in one place and hold m1 for 12 seconds or even longer if Killer brought blades add-ons. Also, mending isn't provided with any skill checks and does barely awards some Bloodpoints (only 100 BP if I am not mistaking). Furthermore, if Legion is close, you will always get injured and deep wound unless Legion himself makes a terrible mistake. You as Survivor basically cannot outplay Legion in Frenzy in that case. And finally, when he is not in his power, he is an extremely generic m1 Killer with no unique stuff.

Legion in the term of effectiveness of his power is an average killer at best, but due to the bunch of moments I've mentioned he is infuriatingly boring to go against which is the main reason Survivors DC against this Killer.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487

I don't DC against Legion, but it's not exactly a fun match.

Hold M1 to mend. Oh look, another survivor came too close of you when they got stabbed, hold M1 to mend again.

Oh look, that same dumbass doesn't think the killer who benefits most from grouping up is running discordance and touched your gen so hold M1 to mend again.

It was nice to go against them while trying to get the Resurgence achievement, but outside of that there's basically no fun to be had in a Legion game.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

The games against Legion are just...well...no heal do gens. And do more gens. At least the chase is okay.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

As a survivor main, Legion and Doctor are my two most hated killers to go against, but I have never disconnected from a match. I just know it will be a painfully slow match or an insufferable one... depending on how the player playing the killer is.

However, I reckon as most have pointed out it is mostly from entitled survivors who would rather not deal with that instead of playing it. I have also gotten some bad experiences with these entitled players going as far as "selling me" to the Legion player so they can get a guaranteed escape and blasting me on chat for "not doing anything" and a part of me is doubtful of whether they recognise most Legion players actually slow the game because they keep chasing you off of generators so that plus Thanatophobia and Ruin combo make it really hard to get anything done in an uncoordinated team.

I mean I already know a Legion won't be a fun match, but it doesn't give me the right to DC and blast other people over it. It's detrimental to the game experience in general.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

"Struggle phase rework to prevent instant suiciding couldn't come any faster." people suidiciding on hook is not because they don't like struggling. I like that I have to pay attention to the screen when i'm in second stage, it adds to me enjoying the game. I am not the only one that likes this. but changing that would make it boring to even be on the hook, even i'd want a 1st hook mori with that.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

How engaging is tapping spacebar (or a button) while moving your camera around to see what's going on from the auras exactly?

A struggle phase rework could be something as simple as having skill checks at set minimum intervals so you have the "option" of dying faster but not the nearly instant 3 attempts to unhook oneself then letting go for the spider god to take you in 5 seconds. Combine this with a penalty for disconnecting through ingame means or that task manager/alt+f4 and people would actually play the matches they queued for rather than wasting 4 people's time because their selfish desire to have a game completely on their terms wasn't met through the matchmaking gods.

I usually play hundreds of solo-queue survivor games with a very relaxed mindset and watch youtube videos at full volume while on gens or on hook because the amount of downtime in the game as survivors already... one of the reasons I don't even agree with even more gen slowdown as the single solution to all the killer woes even if I very rarely run into a 4 tool box BNP SWF with a hard on for gen rushing out the door within 5 mins. Matchmaking needs to be addressed (they've said they're working on it) but people unwilling to play a game together and abandoning constantly has to be curbed as well.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

it keeps me focused on what is happening on the screen. if i didn't have to do that i'd be off in another screen. just waiting. that's how i am with cage skill checks too.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Legion with Ruin and thana.

I had to use legion for a daily the other day and after a few minutes of this 2 of the survivors chased me down because they gave up and wanted to move on.

Honestly its worse than watching paint dry. Hold m1 on gen, get hit, hold m1 to mend, hold m1 to heal each other, now your gen progress is gone from ruin, hold m1 on gen again, hit with frenzy, hold m1 to mend, hmm no point healing but now from thana I get so stare at a red bar and have a repair progress slow down. Get chased off gen and watch progress regress, get 1 hit down, hooked - and at this point its easy to see why many survivors just give up.

Legion is crying out for a rework. With Undying/Ruin being meta and now thana getting a repair speed buff Legion will become an absolute nightmare to play against. Its lose/lose especially if he brings Thrill of the hunt or dying light. Constant mending/healing with gens regressing which leads to more M1 holding or staring at a red bar all game which means longer m1 holding which also gives him more chance of kicking you off the gens and having them regress which is even more M1 holding. I’m bored just thinking about it. Thana works on totems now too so yeah I would expect many survivors to give up against a thana/undying/ruin legion.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

I don't dc, but I can't stand playing against legion. You spend so much time mending and healing. It gets to the point that you just want it to end.

• MeneLaw
    MeneLaw Member Posts: 341

Yea hes annoying to play against

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I never understood rage quitting vs a Legion. The Legion isn't a strong killer so its it's not because they're OP.

I don't care if people saying mending is boring either because it really shouldn't be that. The trade off is in their power you can have a lot of fun with them. Stuff like:

• Camping pallets to see if they respect it or not. Especially if you actually pallet drop them before they hit you.
    • Making them miss is pretty funny.
    • Julie
    • Easy point building game.
    • Easy WGLF stacks.

If I lose to a Legion I always say "fair play" to the killer. If they can win a game as Legion against a good team then props to them.

I'd actually say they rage quit because they're afraid to losing to arguably one of the weakest killers in the game.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

DC penalties are off. So, you'll see dc's. It's not specific to legion.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Legion is already boring af to verse. If I see any slow down perk, be it ruin, thana or whatever, I'm out

Same for Freddy btw

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    edited October 2020

I never DC, but I don't enjoy Legion matches because the majority of survivors don't know how to counter him. They all insist on sticking together instead of splitting up to work on different generators. In addition, the amount of self care I see against Legion only to see them get injured within seconds of them getting healed is unbearable.

I once had a match against Legion on Lerry's that had sloppy, thana, dying light, and ruin. The dying light obsession was a Feng and for the first 5-6 minutes no generators were being done at all. I tried powering through, but I always had survivors get downed/hooked, be near me so I would get feral frenzy'd or chased away, while Legion kept getting stacks of dying light. I decided to give up on my first hook since the only generator finished was mine. I decide to spectate and counted how many times the dying light obsession Feng self cared. 7 times. That's not even counting the amount of times she did it while I was still alive during the trial. The match must have gone for 25-30 minutes where no other generator was done.

That's why I dislike facing Legion as a solo survivor. I won't DC, but if I see that no one is bothering to do gens and self care, I'm out on my first hook. No thanks!

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

When i first started playing The Legion at rank 19 my first 5 games were 1 - 2 dc's as soon as i stabbed someone it became better at green ranks but much worse at red ranks. But dc penalties are currently off so people just dc when they see something they don't like.

• ClickyClicky

Thats the issue right there. Often it’s the stalemate. When Legion isn’t getting hooks but the survivors aren’t getting gens done either, it’s just a constant cycle of frenzy, mend, heal, frenzy, mend, heal and the game slows to a crawl. Its the dullest thing in the game. Add in Ruin regressing those gens and it’s a disaster.

People can talk bad about new Thana all they want but I believe Legion with Ruin/Undying and Thana is going to be an absolute nightmare to face. It’s going to be constant mending and healing while your gens regress or having an extra 20 seconds or so on generators. Throw in Dying light for extra gen slowdown, or thrill since with new thana totems will take 26 seconds if you have 4 stacks and you have a recipe for disaster.

He needs a rework asap.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

A lot of people complain about legion being weak but he's really good actually and he's one of the few who's power can force multiple survivors off a gen to go reset and he's got good map pressure with his ability, I will agree it's not fun to face or play as because the way you have to play him to be efficient is way too repetitive and slows everything down not just for the survivors but the killer also I don't see how legion mains can do it consistently I would get so bored

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170

Well...my opinion...you're using ruin thana on legion... Which means you're going to drag the game out for as long as possible. Boring. You are using franklin's. Cringe. Boring with a side of cuck. Lullaby...another cuck perk.

You asked why and you can use whatever you want, honestly not telling you to do different, but, people are going to DC that boring ass ######### with a side of cuck. Why bother with that crap game when I can DC and insta queue in a fresh game?

People seem to think that DC's are only rage quits. Not true. A lot of people just don't want to waste their time on frustrating, long, drawn out games. I'm here to have fun not suffer through your legion cuck simulator.

Anyway that's my guess as to why people are dc'ing you. If it happens a lot its because of you, your choice of killer, your choice of perk. Seems like you might be decent at legion since you don't run add-ons, which makes all of the above even more miserable to play against.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

Aside from the terrible wording, your third paragraph nailed it: it's not a rage quit, it's moving on to a game that won't bore myself to death

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

Yeah it must be some sort of weird glitch

• Ienzio
    Ienzio Member Posts: 6

I main legion but I haven't had a survivor DC against me yet, although that may be because I don't really use his power after I get the first couple of hits unless everyone is healthy.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

I had 3 people DC vs my Doc on Hawkins after the first static blast..

and 2 killed themselves on hook vs pig on Ormond with 4 gens left

it's eyeroll worthy

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Disconnecting against le-

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

The best counter is try your best to avoid grouping up. If someone gets hit with Frenzy just hold W/joystick run immediately and as far as possible. You have a really good chance of escaping the terror radius or the Legions frenzy could end well before they reach you. Not a perfect strategy but can make it extremely difficult for a lot of Legions.

The dc’s could just be bad luck too.. I only had a few dc’s in let’s say a dozen of my last games and that was with devour hope proc’d.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Because survivors find doing gens boring despite Legion giving the survivors something else to do besides gens. Go figure...

• TheClownIsKing

I have survivor DC’s against my Clown all the time because I’m not the pushover they perceive Clown to be.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

24 seconds into a match:

• kazoie1
    kazoie1 Member Posts: 92

Im playing legion on red ranks and im not having that problem so idk. honestly though report them for unsportsman like conduct

• ClickyClicky

Holding m1 to mend/heal every few minutes......totally different to doing gens!

Seriously though its the “sat immobile while holding M1” that survivors complain about which is why so many despise Legion.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

I don't encourage or enforce DCing. Nobody should do it.

But I'm afraid it's going to happen A LOT more once the next update rolls around.

• MasterofSFL
    MasterofSFL Member Posts: 125

Probably because people are tired of playing against the same killers, with the same abusable/annoying powers and (presuming) the same boring meta builds.

I can say wholeheartedly I understand it, every other game it's a Legion/Spirit/Ghostface/Doctor and never do I see a Trapper/Clown/Demo/Huntress. After a while, it gets boring, stale and frustrating to deal with it. My suggestion: if you're tired of people DCing, stop playing the popular killers.

• TheClownIsKing

Clown is my main. Survivors still DC, and I rarely tunnel or camp. I DO slug though because it’s absolutely necessary in higher ranks.

Survivors just DC for anything other than handing them an easy escape by standing in the corner all match.

• TheClownIsKing

In fairness everything is M1, no matter what that killer presents a survivor.

• MasterofSFL

I love playing Clown, I've had it happen, but I've seen far less people DC in my games as Clown or Trapper than I have in my Survivor games against any of the one's I have mentioned.

I don't fault people who DC half the time at this point, as getting that 4th Ghostface running Devour Hope in a row makes me rather chapped.

• TheClownIsKing

I get very irritated by instadown killers running perks like that.

• kazoie1

That makes no sense at all. "if you're tired of people DCing, stop playing the popular killers"? why do they have to play an "approved" killer for people not to dc, do they have to play approved perks as well? how bout cosmetics?

• MasterofSFL

Is this a serious post?

When a community (any community) gets oversaturated with the same, stagnant, frustrating gameplay, what do you except? Because the inverse of this statement is "Why should I switch characters just because you're not having fun?" It makes perfect sense if you're not posing that question to the playgroup. When players go hard on optimized/frustrating metas, it makes other players not want to play, so the simple solution is to not play the optimized/frustrating meta if you want others to play with you.

Yes, it will mean you might lose more often. Yes, it does mean you don't always get to choose your favorite character/deck/playstyle, ect. The trade-off is that you actually get to play. This goes for the killers and survivors in this game, because for every "Survivors keep dcing in my Legion games" post, there's another headlined with "Survivors are abusing DS, why even try to hook?"

By the way, I make it a point to avoid the frustrating killers and meta builds for both, so I'm not asking anything more of others than I myself already practice.

• kazoie1

I mean you can insult my post all you want but your still blaming a balancing problem (which if you couldnt tell isnt the any of the players fault because they didnt make the damn perks) on the killers end and insisting that they change there playstyle because you dont like how a subset play instead of arguing to make more builds/killers capable of matching there strength.

• MasterofSFL

I will insult your post, because it's no different than the teenager picking the strongest character and wondering why his 4 other friends don't like coming over.

Balancing issue or not, the fact is players still have an active choice in what and who they play as, which means they are culpable to a modest degree. If you want to play the popular meta killers/builds, expect to have more DCing players in your games. If you want less DCs, play less meta killers/builds. That will be the easiest, simplest solution up and until your killer falls out of favor or the game reaches a better balance.

Again, I already practice this. Guess how often I get DCers when I play as a killer?

• kazoie1

You say that and then include legion in the big bad list of scary killers you have. If you just dont like playing against them its fine to admit that, hell I don't even care who you like or dislike, but I firmly disagree that you should expect dc's just because your playing meta and I firmly disagree that the onus should always be on the killer to change their playstyle just to prevent dcs. Anyway ive said my peace and dont want to make this into the "lets argue about the same thing over and over again " But Ill copy you one last time

How many times do you think I personally have disconnected or suicided because i dont like the killer and or the build? that would be a big fat zero

• ClickyClicky

And that’s an area the developers have disappointed in. They talked for a long time about less m1 and more objectives but nothing major has ever really come out of it.

Meanwhile Legion is like 2 or 3times as much M1 holding as any other killer

• MasterofSFL

I didn't give a list of "Big bad killers" I gave a list of popular killers and a list of killers almost never played: I'll let you mull over which one's I prefer.

You can disagree however much you wish, the fact is that feeding into the very thing that makes the game overall less enjoyable and then having a mild lament makes it an irony. Keep having DCs in your games if you disagree, I'll keep having full games with very few.

• kazoie1
    edited October 2020

Sorry for taking so much room in this thread with this discussion @Predator3174PL

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302

No need to apologies. That's what for these discussions are. To discuss