Fatigue

Options
TheShocktor
TheShocktor Member Posts: 134
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Survivors need a fatigue added to them so the longer they run the slower they get. Nobody should be able to infinitely run. I know theres gonna be the get good replies and the just leave that survivor replies but I shouldn't have to. When theres so many pallets and safe tiles to just keep stringing together in a chase it's super boring. If I leave that's time wasted plus whatever time to find and down another survivor. That's 2 or 3 gens and maybe 1 hook. Sometimes you just cant catch a survivor and then when you catch up they have their crutches ready (dead hard) and they juuust make it to yet another pallet. If you're not gonna slow gens or make maps less safe then slow the survivors themselves. Its dumb to have an exhaustion status but it doesnt represent what exhaustion really is. You damn sure aren't gonna infinitely run exhausted. Like I said I know you get good guys are already typing but save it. Can't change my mind. This game needs a huge survivor nerf and you know it. The only reason you're "good" is poor design.

Comments

• TheShocktor
    Options

Really gonna move my discussion because you don't like my opinion? Wow these admins must be survivor mains

• NeaMainNON_TOXIC3
    NeaMainNON_TOXIC3 Member Posts: 260
    Options
  • AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

You made a suggestion, and suggestions belong to feedback...

Don't even try to make this into Killers vs Survivors.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,532
    Options

I think pretty much everyone on this forum knows how unbiased I am...and I am the one that moved your thread to the correct Sub Forum.

You made a suggestion to add a Fatigue mechanic, I've moved that to the Feedback & Suggestions part of the forum.

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436
    Options

No.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Killers are already faster than survivors. A fatigue mechanic would be redundant. This isn't F13 where counselors can outrun Jason.

• TheShocktor
    Options

Well the problem is there's too much safety for the survivors. Some survivors can run for long periods stringing together different tiles. So my suggestion of making it so a survivor would essentially get tired after awhile would cut down on that situation. You get 4 who can all run decent enough you're done. As it stands there's so much safety for them that using pallets doesn't matter because there's plenty to go around. It should be a bigger decision to use that pallet. Sure I could slog, play like a jerk and tunnel, run back to the hook, and keep playing the same killers with the same perks but this game is getting boring and I've got a lot of time invested and I used to really enjoy it. Now unless that changes I'm getting to where I hate it.

• TheShocktor
    Options

I put this in general discussion because I wanted it seen. I've seen plenty topics in general that could've gone into different categories that were left where they were posted

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921
    Options

For more than four years now, the game has been designed around Survivors being able to sprint as long as they want, with the risk being that they're noisy and leave scratch marks. Giving Survivors stamina would throw off the balance completely and swing it in the Killer's favor.

And realistically speaking, yes, anyone can run forever. You'll notice that Survivors don't actually run at their full speed like they do during Sprint Burst. I run cross country and I know that stamina over speed is essential, or else you'll spend all of your energy and get exhausted for 40 seconds. :)

• TheShocktor
    Options

I get that but the main point I'm trying to make is there's too much safety in most maps and something needs to be done to balance it. If you mention nerfing survivors they throw a fit but truth of the matter is, aside from a select few maps, most are survivor sided. Not only that, if you dont play the few viable killers it's almost impossible to win against good teams. Idk who you or anyone else go against but I have at least 2 usually more swf in probably 90 percent of my games. All on comms feeding each other information the whole time. That in itself is game breaking. I'd rather see a variety of killers and be able to use a variety of killers with different builds. But that's not gonna happen unless the survivors give a little. They won't though because they have that sense of entitlement and wouldn't play if they had to work harder for their escapes and couldn't bully the killer. There should be a sense of danger around the killer. They should be scary. but right now its almost as if the majority are toys to play with before you escape.Im not just a killer I play both sides. That's why i really think something needs to change. I wouldn't call myself a god survivor but unless it's one of the higher skill ceiling killers even I can loop for 2 to 3 gens at times. running from pallet loop to jungle gym, to window vault... you understand what I'm saying? It feels too easy. I want the excitement and tension back in dbd. Not just play to piss the other side off.