Is Lightweight useless?

I never see anyone using this perk...

Comments

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Yes, useless. It still take 3s or even 4s to hide your scratches. If you are in a chase, it wont help you.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

If you’re in a chase with the killer quite close behind, it won’t help much.

Lightweight is really for when you’re just traversing the map normally (if the killer randomly comes across your scratchmarks while patrolling, there’s a high likelihood they’ll quickly lose track of the trail and not figure out where that trail leads), and to juke the killer if you ALREADY have some distance on the killer.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

When I was newer I would combo it with Sprint Burst and Spine Chill and run from the Killer at first notice. This seems effective until you realize you just can't hide from the Killer all game because it puts all the pressure on your team. If you want to win, you need to take chases and waste the Killers time; therefore, Lightweight is not good enough.

• SoShiny
    SoShiny Member Posts: 30

It's good for newer players who are still learning how to loop the killer. In most cases if you can force a killer to break a pallet while you break LOS you can lose a lot of killers. But it's entirely for someone who isn't comfortable with taking long chases.

• Bloodwidow
    Bloodwidow Member Posts: 190

On my first character, I was running Selfcare, Botany, Kindred and Lightweight. Mostly I could escape from the killer. At some point the killer found me more and more often and I forgot that I had swapped Lightweight for another perk. Maybe it was just a coincidence. 😄

Since then I've mostly used the perk with sprint burst. I don't know if it really helps.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I run that perk on my main build at higher ranks and I'm pretty sure it helps me lose chase especially when I hold w.

The issue is, you can't really tell whether or not it really helped you (only the killer can) so you're gonna have to guess.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096
    edited October 2020

Lightweight is pretty underrated. Can be strong on survivors who know how to properly break LoS during a chase. Having scratch marks disappear in 4 seconds means that it will fade out allot earlier making your scratch marks harder to see than normal. Especially if the map has grass or if EGC is active.

It will also vary from playstyle to playstyle. What works for me might not work for you. This also applies to killers, some will fall for lightweight, some will not.

There are tons of perks that will have immediate results (e.g. BT), Lightweight is not such perk. During a chase Lightweight needs conditions. Like, did the killer see you, did the killer hear you, did you double back, did you use a window juke, or did you use a corner juke. It all depends on how far you can push Lightweight.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited October 2020

Its kinda redudant atm due to bugs causing the scratch marks to disappear randomly sometimes near instantly.

So for the moment there's no reason to run it as a bug can more or less gives everyone the perk.

But even without the bug making it redundant its just not a very strong perk against most killers who can keep track of you aka most red rank killers.

Edit: Another way of seeing it even for scratch marks is would you rather run "Light Weight" or run "Dance With Me" which can make you have no scratch marks while running after fast vaulting or leaving a locker for 3 seconds every 40 seconds which can be stacked with quick and quiet for Houdini moments.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Its a shame they mever commited to the less footstep noise passive they mentioned on stream a few years back. Its ok I guess though

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Used it twice in 2 years

There are other perks I prefer to use, and feel are more suitable to my playstyle, which hold more value to the overall outcome of matches.