A question for survivor players

Why is it when you drop the pallet you vault back toward the killer. I never done it when I play survivor and when i play killer it usually is a free hit so I'm wondering what the purpose of it is

Comments

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Cause of button smash. It happens a lot to me that I accidentally vault back and then get my ass handed to me.

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614
  • Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

At least that's the case for me, maybe other players have other ideas. But that's just my dumbass doing stupid things!

• LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140

I've personally never done it, but sometimes it can be accidental as stated by Gay Myers^ but some do it to I think its called "dumb tech" or something like that. I personally don't see the point of doing it on purpose, so right there with ya bud.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

cant kick the pallet when its being vaulted and if you do it right it wastes their time

its why CJs are possible

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

I do not do it but it was explained to me that a more inexperienced killer can easily get flustered by it (it's unexpected and you generally can't turn around fast enough as the killer to get the hit unless you start immediately). It then will put the inexperienced killer in a bit of a freeze as they're not sure what just happened or how to react to it.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Accident most times. Rubberbanding where when I drop the pallet it looks like I'm on same side as killer but as I'm vaulting the killer is pulled to other side.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

It’s called the dumb tech. If the killer swing immediately after the stun is over, they will miss and look dumb. If the killer doesn’t swing immediately, the survivor gets hit and they look dumb.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

It's called a Dumb Tech, and basically as @Auron471 put it, if you know what it does it makes the survivor look dumb but if you don't then it makes you look dumb.

Also, it's a really dumb thing to do, hence its name, and why it's so much fun.

• Looperxs
    Looperxs Member Posts: 5

Lmao people either button mash or they fat finger the action button.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

It's more likely a double tap action... as @Gay Myers (Luzi) pointed out. It happens to me every now and then when I panic press, especially facing Freddy or Doctor with their imaginary pallets.

I had also gotten the moment where I press too fast and I drop the pallet before even going through so I kind just "stun myself" in front of the killer and hope they don't notice.