If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Why is Adam Francis in fog?

Options
Gonzalo
Gonzalo Member Posts: 48

I read his story in wiki and he didn't do anything bad or harmful at all.
He was raised by strict man and he valued education and knowledge
And he also didn't wander close to places entity might have sucked him in.
That residence where Rin got killed is probably the place where people could get sucked in to fog world.

Comments

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

There isn't any restrictions to where the Entity can reach.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Survivors don't have to do anything to be pulled in by the Entity, but the Entity chooses Her champions when they commit acts of great evil.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options
    I posted this a few weeks ago, analysing his story. He certainly did nothing wrong, but his story represents how no matter how hard you work, the Entity will always win. Either that, or that each trial can be taken as a small obstacle and you must always try your best to escape.
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,152
    Options

The Entity feeds on hope. And Adam, well... he had a lot.

"But after a few months, he found his rhythm. He reflected on it one morning while riding the train to work. He no longer had to study the Kanji characters filling the map. He knew his way. His language skills had improved, he felt connected to his students, and he'd treat himself to luxurious restaurants on weekends. He even had his first vacation planned."

The Entity probably caught on to this, and I'd wager had a hand in the train flipping as well, be it was hungry for his hope.

• derpsauce9
    derpsauce9 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Greed. They needed an unlicensed black male. What's with everyone of their original black characters being intellectuals? Why no athletes or musicians? Sick of this SJW whiteknight propaganda crap.

• Orion
    Options

@derpsauce9 said:
    Greed. They needed an unlicensed black male. What's with everyone of their original black characters being intellectuals? Why no athletes or musicians? Sick of this SJW whiteknight propaganda crap.

We already have Meg as the athlete, and perhaps you missed the section, but this is the "Lore" section. It's not a "Let me ######### about black characters" section.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    Options

@derpsauce9 said:

@Orion said:

@derpsauce9 said:

We already have Meg as the athlete, and perhaps you missed the section, but this is the "Lore" section. It's not a "Let me ######### about black characters" section.

The best part about THIS games lore is me banging your mother.

And that's how you get banned from the forums. Keep it up and the mods will have a field day with you.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

@derpsauce9 said:

@Orion said:

@derpsauce9 said:

The best part about the lore of THIS game is me banging your mother.

Stop right there! Noone breaks the forum rules on my watch!
    "HARASSMENT: COMMUNICATIONS ABUSE
    Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment"
    I've flagged your post now stop breaking rules or face the ban hammer.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Because its the theme of the DLC.

Adam had to struggle early in life to get where he was, while Rin was born in already wealthy family that was falling apart as the years went on.

• AnIntellectualClone
    AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118
    edited September 2018
    Options

Most survivors never do anything wrong. I think they just need to be complex or otherwise troubled characters for the entity to choose them. Constant fighters more than anything.

• Orion
    Options

@AnIntellectualClone said:
    Most survivors never do anything wrong. I think they just need to be complex or otherwise troubled characters for the entity to choose them. Constant fighters more than anything.

Indeed. Hope (and salt) feeds the Entity. Why would She bring in just a measly cheeseburger when She can bring in an all-you-can-eat buffet of Hope (and salt)?

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

@Peasant said:

@derpsauce9 said:

@Orion said:

@derpsauce9 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCsMKypvmB0

• Peasant
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Peasant said:

@derpsauce9 said:

@Orion said:

@derpsauce9 said:

Yeah, that's definitely not what I based my post on. Total coincidence.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Gonzalo said:
    I read his story in wiki and he didn't do anything bad or harmful at all.
    He was raised by strict man and he valued education and knowledge
    And he also didn't wander close to places entity might have sucked him in.
    That residence where Rin got killed is probably the place where people could get sucked in to fog world.

I believe the entity chooses its victims based of strong emotional connections before death/disappearance. Its about feeding off hope and strengthening dread. From survivors who died saving people to survivors simply running away from their problems each has some sort of strong emotion that draws then entity to them.

Killers seem to be much the same (only counting original not licensed) where some form of tragedy has cause a huge emotional/mental breakdown and the entity can easily influence a broken mind.

• Peasant
    Options

@JoannaVO said:
    Claudette was alone and needed a matching person, so Adam Francis happened to get in the fog.

Jake was there for her first and has been there longer than Adam. You won't sink the ship!

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

Only Killers have to commit acts of great violence in order to be pulled into the Entity's Realm. Those atrocities create an entry point in our world, which remains. The Survivors are usually innocent people who wandered into those places.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:
    Claudette was alone and needed a matching person, so Adam Francis happened to get in the fog.

Jake was there for her first and has been there longer than Adam. You won't sink the ship!

But Claudette will obviously go for Adam cause his coat is so perfect

• Peasant
    edited September 2018
    Options
    JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

Well if Claudette's a lost cause then I guess I will just have to ship Jake with Kate once the American Flag shirt drops for Kate. Then they'll be the only American Flag wearers in DBD. 

Wait, what am I saying?! #Cake for life!
  • JoannaVO
    Options

@Peasant said:
    JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

Well if Claudette's a lost cause then I guess I will just have to ship Jake with Kate once the American Flag shirt drops for Kate. Then they'll be the only American Flag wearers in DBD. 

Cake sounds cute but I would never be able to accept Jake and Claudette together, Adam Francis and Claudette are meant to be no matter what anybody tells me. It just took the developers a while to realize it and add Adam to the fog

• Peasant
    Options
    @JoannaVO Shipping a teacher and a student is more than a little scandalous you know. 
  • JoannaVO
    Options

The fog has no rules about love and as long as both are +18 and not on the same school (which they aren't I assume) there are no problems. Love has no limits

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

@Peasant said:
    @JoannaVO Shipping a teacher and a student is more than a little scandalous you know. 

She's an adult. Not to mention he is a Professor in Japan, and she went to college in Canada.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Peasant said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Peasant said:

@derpsauce9 said:

@Orion said:

@derpsauce9 said:

Yeah, that's definitely not what I based my post on. Total coincidence.

i know but its exactley what i thought of when i saw what you wrote

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    Options

@Peasant said:
    JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

gotta ship Nea with Meg and David with Dwight (sry but my own fantasizes ARE mine muahahahahah)

• JoannaVO
    Options

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Peasant said:
    JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

gotta ship Nea with Meg and David with Dwight (sry but my own fantasizes ARE mine muahahahahah)

Lol xD

• Peasant
    Options
    @JoannaVO I just realized, something critical to our little debate. There are (at the time of this post) more Claudette players than any other type of survivor. So, if the total number of Claudettes is greater than the number of Jake and Adam mains. . .
    . . . doesn't that mean that there's plenty of botanist to go around?
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:
    JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

Cake sounds cute but I would never be able to accept Jake and Claudette together, Adam Francis and Claudette are meant to be no matter what anybody tells me. It just took the developers a while to realize it and add Adam to the fog

They have two traits in common. They are both black, and they are both smart. Not enough for me to start shipping them together. :p
    Jake the survivalist and Claudette the botanist, it is just a combo too good not to ship!!

Cake4life

• Peasant
    Options

@Chi said:

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:
    JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

@JoannaVO said:

They have two traits in common. They are both black, and they are both smart. Not enough for me to start shipping them together. :p
    Jake the survivalist and Claudette the botanist, it is just a combo too good not to ship!!

Cake4life

Jake keeps his friends off the hooks, Claudette keeps her's off the floor. They're meant for each other.
    As a bonus, Jake's perks help him sneak around while injured which lets him save himself just for her. :wink:

• JoannaVO
    Options

@Peasant said:
    @JoannaVO I just realized, something critical to our little debate. There are (at the time of this post) more Claudette players than any other type of survivor. So, if the total number of Claudettes is greater than the number of Jake and Adam mains. . .

Most claudettes are taken by flashlights and decisive strikes, but hey, my Claudette would never say no to a Adam in nice suit.

• Peasant
    Options

@JoannaVO said:

@Peasant said:

Most claudettes are taken by flashlights and decisive strikes, but hey, my Claudette would never say no to a Adam in nice suit.

Can we move this discussion to the thread I made just for this debate so that poor @Gonzalo doesn't need to keep sifting through this debate for on-topic comments?

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

@Orion said:
    Survivors don't have to do anything to be pulled in by the Entity, but the Entity chooses Her champions when they commit acts of great evil.

Are you assuming the entities gender

• Orion
    Options

@alivebydeadight said:

@Orion said:

Yes.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

@Orion said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@Orion said:

Yes.

ok then have a nice day

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

maybe because he had lots of hope for the future because of his good job and life in japan. The entity was hungry and wanted said hope.