if you want a good example of how badly SWF breaks the game. play Among us as a solo player.

Options
2»

Comments

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,013
    Options

There is logic.

In among us, 2 friends make it impossible to win If its you (imposter) and them, they'll just vote you out. If you kill one, they tell the other.

Dead by Daylight isnt that bad, but one survivor knowing something and telling everyone means that move is useless, whichis why OoO is broken in SWF.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

Wow, you just got burned by 3 replies. Rest in peace, dude.

• Agent_Grey6008
    Agent_Grey6008 Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2020
    Options

And this is exactly the build I run when I play in a four man swf group. and the thing is me and my squad are the definition of casuals we will play dead by daylight maybe for three rounds out of a three week. We consistently get 3 to 4 escape because granted we might be old gamers but we understood very early on that this game is essentially playing tag and hide-and-seek.

And sense most of us stop playing those games 25 to 30 years ago we have the real world experience regarding the essentials on how to get things done. But when you throw in an OoO empathy kindred SWF... It's a wrap for the killer you don't even need meta perks because literally everyone has eye in the sky.

I guess it is what it is. Dbd has been around for 3 to 4 years now and while it is still a great game and highly enjoyable I think it's clear at this point the devs have no intent on addressing this because maybe for them that's not a big issue. And to be fair I can see both sides of the argument.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,230
    Options

Comms in a game desigbed without them will give unfair advantages.

Its downright saddening to see so many not even get that point and just "hurr durr different genre"

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

An insanely long post comparing two different games making absolutely no sense and monkeys being like :-----------------o wooooow you're right this FINALLY PROVES that swf bad

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,122
    Options

The thing is half of the comments focused on the point of dbd and among us being different type of game which is obvious to everybody and not the underlying point.

The point is to make an easy to understand comparison how coms give opportunities for unfair advantage. Of course they make one game just more unbalanced and completely ruin the other, but this disparity in impact is not the point.

You could use rainbow six siege, rocket league, cs go or league of legends or any other team vs team PvP game as an example that, if one side uses coms and the other does not have the possibility and no type of in-game substitute, they create a POTENTIAL heavy unfair advantage.

And yes we all know that a hefty percentage of all swf just talk about their day, it's the same with my people in lol but it still opens the potential for extrem efficient coordination.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    Options

It's a thing they usually do, they pretend to miss the point and act in bad faith.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    Options

As a person that play both games, they make good points. If you're not going to even bother to read the post so you'll see where they are coming from then why even bother? Your input hasn't any meaning here.

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97
    Options

Yesterday played a solo game where some guy tried to say I was a friend with someone in game because we found out it was him. Lol funny thing is I called him out for being sus earlier so I asked black to accompany me because I seen him do a task and knew we safe. We voted him out after he killed someone and he was like you guys are friends you're on comms but reality was I don't have a mic and I joined a lobby randomly.

• DrunkenXSMonkey8456
    Options

Uhhh please explain how he is wrong? I would genuinely love to hear what's going on inside that thing you call a head?

Among us is similar to another game known as town of Salem, a text based version of basically among us. Throwing the game by using voice comms to basically tell your living friends who the killer is so they can tell the rest of the group basically ruins the game and its not worth playing anymore.

And guess what. People will hate you for it and kick you from the game.

In dbd, yes voice comms are powerful and yes they do make certain things the killer can do far less effective (like fake pressure/chasing) but they don't equal a instant win like revealing the imposter in among us. Play a few games with friends on voice comms in among us. You'll see the difference. Among us forces you to not play like a dick because it ruins the game for everyone including yourself and makes people hate you and just refuse to play and kick you.

• Lord_Horatio
    Lord_Horatio Member Posts: 3
    Options

I get where you are trying to go here, but in my opinion the games are just way too different. Among Us litterally tells you to "SHHHH" Dead by Daylight is a 1v4. That makes the survivors a team and there is nothing wrong with a team working together.

• Usagimodoki
    Usagimodoki Member Posts: 6
    Options

From experience of playing both games with and without friends there is some truth to this. However Among Us and Dead By Daylight are a bit different in the ways comms change gameplay.

In Among Us most of the time people play with mic muted until a meeting is called and those dead cannot speak as that ruins the game. Not everyone follows those rules and at that point it makes it to where comms make it impossible for the imposter to win (or in another case, for them to lose). Friends telling each other who imposter is basically ends the game.

In dbd friends on comms don't end the game. Personally I can't trust people at rank 1 as a survivor because I'm constantly abandoned and left on hook to die. I don't play toxic, I don't body block and do nothing but flashlight saves. I play normally with or without friends. Do I have more general information when I'm playing on comms? Yes. But I still get my ass handed to me almost every single match because we're normal players. We don't run sweaty builds, we run what we like and what's fun and fit for us. Also people seem to forget killers aren't supposed to get 4ks every single match, devs have said themselves you should get a 2k average. I added this because I almost never escape games, my friends and I get lucky if one of us gets out through hatch. Last thing I wish to note is as killer you rely on yourselves. As a survivor we have to rely on our team, it's impossible to win by yourself without going through hatch which is a 50/50 chance.

In summary not every swf are toxic tryhards, and sometimes really good survivors are genuinely in solo queue. And before you come at me saying "entitled survivor main", I play both, I've received toxicity from both sides. It's easier to counter as killer than a solo survivor or even a casual swf.

• QuAd_Rambo
    QuAd_Rambo Member Posts: 8
    Options

Do you understand how dumb this argument is? First of sure swf is harder to face but not impossible just get better and how do you expect the game to be playable with 8 perks it wouldn't work that's broken so that's why it isn't in the game so stop complaining I swear you only think killer sided and it shows.

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268
    Options

See if all you do is put people down to try to get your point across, no one is going to listen to you. So good luck with that.

• Thasard
    Thasard Member Posts: 268
    Options

Solo survivors do not need buffed. DC penalties need to return. Matchmaking needs to be improved. But solo survivors are fine. And I wouldn't nerf SWF either. You're making suggestions that have the likelihood to kill this game. If you have a bad round, queue up for another or take a break, they're not all going to be bad rounds.

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488
    Options

AMong Us literally tells you to do this (not talk during play unless it's a meeting and not if you're dead). People talking out of a meeting or when they are dead are defeating the mechanics of the game in the stupidest way. How is that even fun?

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited October 2020
    Options

I'm on PS4 so I can't contribute to the Among Us comparison, but I do agree that comms in DBD is way too OP. I think offering a buff in baseline perks and bloodpoints is a reasonable suggestion.

But to be honest, I would be thrilled if SWF no longer had the ability to still communicate to their teammates after they died. Being able to view other players' camera feeds, and feed back that information to the the rest of their party should not be allowed.

There are many things that should be changed when it comes to SWF, but ceasing communication after death is the one thing that should go. I realize that doesn't stop people from using other apps, but it shouldn't be allowed in the game.

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    Options

Dude. Perspective. When you refuse to actually read the argument that someone lays out in depth yet still feel entitled to voice your own opinion, then no one ever should listen to anything you've got to say. Insulting you is the least of all barriers when you're engaging in bad faith already and only responded from a position of ego to dictate truth, as you see it. The point would never get across, and there's no use pretending otherwise.

• Accept_Flow123
    Accept_Flow123 Member Posts: 10
    Options

Its the internet you are supposed to believe everything on it. Im sorry for being stupid 🙄🙄🙄