too many pallets and safe havens

was playing hillbilly on the Thompson house and i was looped literally all game. never even had a chance to chainsaw. gens got done so fast.(because i cant get ruin in my bloodweb) after 4-5 mins of being looped by different people, because people always say just change targets. well that doesnt work. so after all of that pallet looping and window looping. i finally get somebody when the gates are powered. and guess what. there were still 4 pallets left in the area. like right next to eachother. what is this bs. how is this even fair. i have 700 hours and i am nowhere near a bad killer yet i can literally not do anything to catch survivors that know how to run in circles and do generators. something needs to be done about the amount of pallets on some of these maps. its not even fair. lets not even mention that this is supposed to be asymetrical. im ranting and very salty im aware. anybody that has played killer for a while can probably understand how much bs this is

Comments

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Good posts here.

• jakeb_1993
    jakeb_1993 Member Posts: 50
    jiminie said:

Are you aware pallets have been reduced and they fixed/fixing infinites.Also, stop trying to mindgame Survivors if you're not good at it, especially when the Survivor you're chasing is better than you, like i know, you want bloodlust and all that stuff, but...

'gaining BL 1/2/3...proceeds to break the pallet' some killers just mind blown themselves

Exactly. This game is so balanced overwhelmingly in the killers favour it is borderline stupid. Because Killers don't have everything given to them on a silver platter they start moaning at everything. 
  • @jakeb_1993 said:
    BasementLeatherBoi said:

@jakeb_1993 said:

At since this forum is 98% killer, this is going to hurt you alot.

There is no such thing as looping or an infinite loop. It is mathematically impossible. Let me break down nice and easy for you:

Lets say that a survivor has a base speed of 'n' 

Since killers are faster we will say that the killers speed is 'n+1'

Given that they are both running around the same obstacle the length of 'l' is the same for both killers and survivors. 

Since they both cover the same ground 'n+1=l' occurs before 'n=l' 

This doesn't even begin to cover bloodlust which adds 'an extra +1 to speed for all three tiers resulting in +4'

So what about Windows?

Since survivors rarely go through the vaults at full speed and the fact hat killers can lunge attack through the vaults then looping is impossible. Either one of two things will happen: the survivor gets hit and then sprints away or the survivor successful vaults and the attack misses (Rarely happens due to broken hit boxes and whatnot but that's another argument for another day). 

Plus if a survivor really wants to 'loop' a window then they can only loop twice before getting shut off. So again. Not a valid argument. 

So onto Pallets:

Pallets disrupt 'l' to slow the killer down.and yes, technically it is possible to run around and cause a semi-permaent loop. I say semi cause here is the thing: You can break pallets. Shock horror. So looping around pallets for 'infinite' is impossible.

Please just stop getting salty over the fact that you keep losing mind games to survivors. If you keep running in one direction you will catch them or they will break the loop. Simples. Not hard. I break them all the time. I would say 'Git Gud' like you say to everyone else on here, but tbh I think for you salty lot on these forums 'good' is a bit of a stretch of your abilities. 

You realize the loops don’t have to be infinite right? With enough pallet loops semi infinite is enough to last until all gens are done.

It only happens if you let it happen. If you are there chasing someone around a loop for 80 seconds, who is the real idiot? Killers need to learn better map control and learn to pick their battles. If you play correctly you can get a good 4K, everyone gets over 18000 bloodpoints and no one depips.

Killers on here get salty that they get outsmarted and don't get their precious 4K. Then they blame the game when the it is stacked in their favour so much. They just like to think the survivors are over powered cause they aren't good enough to win.

Sorry about the rant, but after reading several threads today, I am fed up of the level of incompetence from the killers on this forum 

Okay so at high ranks if every survivor knows how to pallet loop correctly without messing up, then how do you win? Sure you might get one or two at the end if you’re playing a higher tier killer like billy. But what if you’re playing someone like leatherface or wraith? You’re stuck chasing each survivor in a circle until they run out of pallets or windows. Also survivors running in a circle isn’t really outsmarting the killer at all. I mean if they do some cool locker or window juke to lose the killer sure they outsmarted the killer, but running in a circle for 5 minutes? Also the point of the poster was that there are too many pallets so no matter who you chase they have a healthy supply of pallets.

• jakeb_1993
    The number of pallets has already been reduced, so the OP question is more of a "You were playing it wrong" than actually being valid. 

And the wraith and LF are perfectly viable killers. LF needs a major nerf to his chainsaw and the wraith has the fastest movement speed of any killer.

If survivor are looping you, then break and hit gens, coral them into 'Gen killboxes' play mind games with them that way. Very easy to do if you set it up right 
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Welcome sir I hear you are getting looped. May i introduce you to our brand new product "The Nurse" I think you deserve her ;)

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

@jakeb_1993 said:
    The number of pallets has already been reduced, so the OP question is more of a "You were playing it wrong" than actually being valid. 

And the wraith and LF are perfectly viable killers. LF needs a major nerf to his chainsaw and the wraith has the fastest movement speed of any killer.

If survivor are looping you, then break and hit gens, coral them into 'Gen killboxes' play mind games with them that way. Very easy to do if you set it up right 

Nurses ability makes her the fastest killer and keep in mind the Wraith cant hit with his "fastest killer speed" he needs to slow down than go even slower while uncloaking. You are funny that you think leatherface is op have you heard of circling a tree or the countless amounts of windows on any map?

• @jakeb_1993 said:

The fact that you think lf needs nerfs and wraith is good makes me sad. Leatherface chainsaw is flaming hot garbage without good addons. The only thing it’s good for is killing overly altruistic survivors who think they can unhook in his face. If you honstely thinks it’s op you must be an entitled survivor main who thinks that all survivors are entitled to a free escape. Like seriously why don’t you try playing killer at higher ranks and see if you still think it’s heavily balanced in their favor.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

There is no such thing as looping or an infinite loop. It is mathematically impossible. Let me break down nice and easy for you:

Given that they are both running around the same obstacle the length of 'l' is the same for both killers and survivors. 

This doesn't even begin to cover bloodlust which adds 'an extra +1 to speed for all three tiers resulting in +4'

So what about Windows?

Since survivors rarely go through the vaults at full speed and the fact hat killers can lunge attack through the vaults then looping is impossible. Either one of two things will happen: the survivor gets hit and then sprints away or the survivor successful vaults and the attack misses (Rarely happens due to broken hit boxes and whatnot but that's another argument for another day). 

Plus if a survivor really wants to 'loop' a window then they can only loop twice before getting shut off. So again. Not a valid argument. 

So onto Pallets:

Pallets disrupt 'l' to slow the killer down.and yes, technically it is possible to run around and cause a semi-permaent loop. I say semi cause here is the thing: You can break pallets. Shock horror. So looping around pallets for 'infinite' is impossible.

Please just stop getting salty over the fact that you keep losing mind games to survivors. If you keep running in one direction you will catch them or they will break the loop. Simples. Not hard. I break them all the time. I would say 'Git Gud' like you say to everyone else on here, but tbh I think for you salty lot on these forums 'good' is a bit of a stretch of your abilities. 
    Survivors have a much smaller environmental hitbox thus they move around objects quicker, you're not as smart as you think.
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Hellbilly said:

@yeet said:
    jakeb_1993 said:

So what about Windows?

So onto Pallets:

Survivors have a much smaller environmental hitbox thus they move around objects quicker, you're not as smart as you think.

Which is why Freddy/Pig are a little bit better when it comes to pallet juking because they have the same hitbox as Survivors, except when it comes to getting hit by the pallet.

No they don't, all killers have an identical hitbox.
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

So what about Windows?

So onto Pallets:

Actually was playing huntres on spring wood and I was infinited in one of the basements of the houses. They looped the windows.the one that drops onto the steps and the one at the top of the steps. Bloodlust didn't ever come because the chase kept breaking and the windows kept opening back up because they didn't block Off for long enough. There is your infinite smart guy:)
  • xxaggieboyxx

@jakeb_1993 said:

The fact that you think lf needs nerfs and wraith is good makes me sad. Leatherface chainsaw is flaming hot garbage without good addons. The only thing it’s good for is killing overly altruistic survivors who think they can unhook in his face. If you honstely thinks it’s op you must be an entitled survivor main who thinks that all survivors are entitled to a free escape. Like seriously why don’t you try playing killer at higher ranks and see if you still think it’s heavily balanced in their favor.

This guy😂 I can't even dude. He think leather face needs a nerf. I can't even. Also the flaming hot garbage comment had me loling for real
  • xxaggieboyxx
    Hellbilly said:

@jakeb_1993 said:

So what about Windows?

So onto Pallets:

This is the kind of guy who thinks the loop in Groaning Storehouse or Fractured Cowshed is totally 100% fine BTW. This is what mental gymnastics looks like.

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    was playing hillbilly on the Thompson house and i was looped literally all game. never even had a chance to chainsaw. gens got done so fast.(because i cant get ruin in my bloodweb) after 4-5 mins of being looped by different people, because people always say just change targets. well that doesnt work. so after all of that pallet looping and window looping. i finally get somebody when the gates are powered. and guess what. there were still 4 pallets left in the area. like right next to eachother. what is this bs. how is this even fair. i have 700 hours and i am nowhere near a bad killer yet i can literally not do anything to catch survivors that know how to run in circles and do generators. something needs to be done about the amount of pallets on some of these maps. its not even fair. lets not even mention that this is supposed to be asymetrical. im ranting and very salty im aware. anybody that has played killer for a while can probably understand how much bs this is

Okay, Thompson House is one of the more notorious bitchy maps because on either side of the house there's around 4-6 safe pallets. A safe pallet means that the pallet cannot be mind gamed, there's no juking them or baiting them to go in a direction or fake them out, they just throw down the pallet and they're safe. So you either break it or chase them to Bloodlust 3 (which isn't a great idea on a map like that since usually there's even more pallets nearby).

Then you have the pig carcass loop. And then there's the shack loop on top of that.

There's not a lot you can really do. Best bet is to break a couple pallets and break off the chase and go after someone else. Billy has a better time of shutting down looping when compared to his peers but it takes time to git gud at that and knowing what kind of spots you can stop.

The big thing when you break off a chase after breaking some pallets you want to try to force them to go back to that spot where there's no more pallets.

Alternatively, you could grab the Spirit Fury perk and put that on Billy and also Leatherface. Have Spirit Fury and Enduring on and you'll be a pallet breaking monstrosity. That's the big reason why I haven't touched DbD in a while because I just want to grab that one perk.

Yeah like I said chasing someone else didn't work and spirit fury isn't out yet and you bet your ass I'm using it 
  • xxaggieboyxx
    Hellbilly said:

@xxaggieboyxx Watch this video. It's very helpful when it comes knowing when it's time to break off the chase:

I watch true talent as well but like I said they all know how to loop and gens are right next to pallets 
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532

Unfortunately pig’s ambush attack is the only counter to these issues. Something needs to be done indeed. 
  • goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

@jakeb_1993 said:

So what about Windows?

So onto Pallets:

Your algebra lesson was cute and all but completely left out the fact that killers have a larger hit box. They can't circle objects as tightly as survivors meaning survivors are running a shorter distance around things than killers. So it ends up being n+1-2/17(3*16)=x

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

So what about Windows?

So onto Pallets:

I've looped killers at the cabin on Red Forest countless times. I can do it until all 5 gens pop without using a single pallet. 

I agree that infinites aren't a thing anymore, but you can't deny that there aren't some bullshit spots.
  • Steebear
    Steebear Member Posts: 105

I don't think killers are in that bad a spot at the moment really. I don't use Ruin or any of the 'top tier' killers and do well in most games without any need for camping or poor tactics.

You can dramatically up your enjoyment and success by learning some game sense and not convincing yourself from the start that you are going to get looped and then following through your own prophecy by chasing the same survivor around a bad spot for 3 gens. Sometimes it is enough to get them off task and apply pressure elsewhere.

Monitor and Abuse is an underated perk for a lot of killers, getting 8 metres closer before they realise you are near can be the difference between a hit before they get onto a loop and not. Survivors generally perform worse when injured because they know they are going down next hit.

• xxaggieboyxx

@Steebear said:
    I don't think killers are in that bad a spot at the moment really. I don't use Ruin or any of the 'top tier' killers and do well in most games without any need for camping or poor tactics.

You can dramatically up your enjoyment and success by learning some game sense and not convincing yourself from the start that you are going to get looped and then following through your own prophecy by chasing the same survivor around a bad spot for 3 gens. Sometimes it is enough to get them off task and apply pressure elsewhere.

Monitor and Abuse is an underated perk for a lot of killers, getting 8 metres closer before they realise you are near can be the difference between a hit before they get onto a loop and not. Survivors generally perform worse when injured because they know they are going down next hit.

your comment is basically uselss. you gave no tips. no help you just said you do well. also i said chasing other survivors doesnt work too well and everyone with common sense knows that. and yeah monitor is ok. you obviously havnt played against smart survivors. when you play and do well ask yourself this everytime you hit someone "did i do well or did they screw up" most of the time its because they screwed up unless you play the nurse or the hag and have a trap in a nice spot

• Steebear

@xxaggieboyxx said:

@Steebear said:

your comment is basically uselss. you gave no tips. no help you just said you do well. also i said chasing other survivors doesnt work too well and everyone with common sense knows that. and yeah monitor is ok. you obviously havnt played against smart survivors. when you play and do well ask yourself this everytime you hit someone "did i do well or did they screw up" most of the time its because they screwed up unless you play the nurse or the hag and have a trap in a nice spot

I would be happy to give tips but didn't think it was the place to spew them out. If you are struggling feel free to PM me and I will help you out.

I have over 1500 hours and have played against all the types of survivors there are to play against so I would appreciate it if you avoided the silly ad hominum attacks that do nothing to further the discussion.

• jakeb_1993
    I just love how everyone on here is like "hit boxes aren't the same therefore killers can't take the small length as a survivor"

Come on, they aren't that far out. The speed increase is still way more than enough to compensate. Just because two people escape, doesn't mean you can get all salty.

For them game to be much fairer the killers need some pretty hefty nerfs. The pallets need fixing so this bs where you score a stun but still get hit needs fixing, not to mention all the bs hits where the attack misses but still gets classed as a hit. The doctor needs his treatment mode changing to distance rather than terror radius to stop these idiots who think it is funny to have the entire map as their madness zone. I have played as a high rank killer and find it way too easy.

The chainsawers need their speed reducing when using their chainsaws. I could go on. Killers have it far too easy at the moment. It's almost laughable. And for those saying that the game needs to be balanced for rank 1 is rubbish. Most players aren't at rank 1. The game should be balanced for rank 10. Skill is what causes rank increases then. 
  • xxaggieboyxx

@jakeb_1993 said:
    I just love how everyone on here is like "hit boxes aren't the same therefore killers can't take the small length as a survivor"

Come on, they aren't that far out. The speed increase is still way more than enough to compensate. Just because two people escape, doesn't mean you can get all salty.

For them game to be much fairer the killers need some pretty hefty nerfs. The pallets need fixing so this bs where you score a stun but still get hit needs fixing, not to mention all the bs hits where the attack misses but still gets classed as a hit. The doctor needs his treatment mode changing to distance rather than terror radius to stop these idiots who think it is funny to have the entire map as their madness zone. I have played as a high rank killer and find it way too easy.

The chainsawers need their speed reducing when using their chainsaws. I could go on. Killers have it far too easy at the moment. It's almost laughable. And for those saying that the game needs to be balanced for rank 1 is rubbish. Most players aren't at rank 1. The game should be balanced for rank 10. Skill is what causes rank increases then. 

anyone seeing this, keep in mind this guy thinks the devs need to nerf leatherface... "plays at rank 1" rank 1 means absolutely nothing and odds are you are lying just to support your point. rank 1 is way too easy to obtain as survivor so if you are rank 1 and you find it balanced. then you are getting some garbage survivors.

• Steebear

@jakeb_1993 said:

For them game to be much fairer the killers need some pretty hefty nerfs. I have played as a high rank killer and find it way too easy.

Assume this is another troll post? No-one that has played high rank killer for any length of time would classify it as 'easy' so perhaps stump up some information about what killer and perks you are using so we can bask in your amazingness. As you find it so easy I guess you never use Ruin and only use Freddy and the Wraith to make it a little harder no?

• jakeb_1993
    I find it easier toget ranks as a killer. Most games as the killer I double pip, whereas a survivor I struggle to get a pip, mainly I am fighting not to depip. 

And yes all chainsaw welders should get a debuff. They both for starters shouldn't go so far, the distance I can close with them is silly. I don't even need to aim, just rev go and shoot. Plus they should have the equalivant of a pallet stun after using the chainsaw. It should be a tactical use ability designed to punish survivors who corner themselves. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@jakeb_1993 said:
    I find it easier toget ranks as a killer. Most games as the killer I double pip, whereas a survivor I struggle to get a pip, mainly I am fighting not to depip. 

And yes all chainsaw welders should get a debuff. They both for starters shouldn't go so far, the distance I can close with them is silly. I don't even need to aim, just rev go and shoot. Plus they should have the equalivant of a pallet stun after using the chainsaw. It should be a tactical use ability designed to punish survivors who corner themselves. 

Alright, it's a troll. There's two "chainsaw wielders" (spelling error fixed), and only one can actually travel far with it. This person either does not own the game or has never played Killer.

• xxaggieboyxx

@Orion said:

@jakeb_1993 said:

Alright, it's a troll. There's two "chainsaw wielders" (spelling error fixed), and only one can actually travel far with it. This person either does not own the game or has never played Killer.

easy pip as killer? hard to pip as survivor? this has got to be a troll if he isn't a troll then "oh no, its #########" yep bringing up a dead meme just for him

• jakeb_1993
    Steebear said:

@jakeb_1993 said:

For them game to be much fairer the killers need some pretty hefty nerfs. I have played as a high rank killer and find it way too easy.

Assume this is another troll post? No-one that has played high rank killer for any length of time would classify it as 'easy' so perhaps stump up some information about what killer and perks you are using so we can bask in your amazingness. As you find it so easy I guess you never use Ruin and only use Freddy and the Wraith to make it a little harder no?

Freddy, no. Not keen on him, I am not a fan of being invisible to survivors and having the smallest audio range. Seems like a crutch if you ask me.

The wraith I quite like. You have to be careful when you time the in cloak not to give them too much time to run, but that is when you use your positioning to corner them off. 

The hag is good too. Place traps where they don't expect it and watch them panic. I don't use Ruin no. I use map control instead, corner them into gen kill box and kill Em of slowly.

Killers need to stop thinking that 4K 5 Gen should be their birthright. If I ever get 4K it's usually when one gen is left or the exit gates are powered. 
  • xxaggieboyxx

@jakeb_1993 said:
    Steebear said:

@jakeb_1993 said:

Freddy, no. Not keen on him, I am not a fan of being invisible to survivors and having the smallest audio range. Seems like a crutch if you ask me.

The wraith I quite like. You have to be careful when you time the in cloak not to give them too much time to run, but that is when you use your positioning to corner them off. 

The hag is good too. Place traps where they don't expect it and watch them panic. I don't use Ruin no. I use map control instead, corner them into gen kill box and kill Em of slowly.

Killers need to stop thinking that 4K 5 Gen should be their birthright. If I ever get 4K it's usually when one gen is left or the exit gates are powered. 

freddy crutch??? leatherface needs a nerf? please tell me you are a troll because if you arent. dude you are so dumb

• jakeb_1993
    Lol, I am not dumb. I just play differently to you. We don't all play the same way. I have a different way of thinking and in games like DbD it tends to pay off. 

I am not saying I win every game. I fact that past week or two I have been on a bit of a losing streak. But that's OK. I still get 20K + blood points which is more than I get as a survivor 
  • xxaggieboyxx

@jakeb_1993 said:
    Lol, I am not dumb. I just play differently to you. We don't all play the same way. I have a different way of thinking and in games like DbD it tends to pay off. 

I am not saying I win every game. I fact that past week or two I have been on a bit of a losing streak. But that's OK. I still get 20K + blood points which is more than I get as a survivor 

really not trying to be mean im really not, but i think almost everybody on this forum would agree that you are dumb for thinking freddy is crutch and leatherface needs a nerf

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@jakeb_1993 said:

Wow... I smell some really bad survivor bias.

Someone here really sucks at mathematics and especially at geometry.

And still thinks that killer need nerfs even when most player agree that survivor are to powerful in high ranks and killer get bullied a lot.

Some survivor player got so used to the broken overpowered buff that was in place for way to long, that they forgot that trading hits at pallets was actually intended from the get go and don't need any fix.

• xxDeAd_SiLeNcE
    xxDeAd_SiLeNcE Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2018

So what about Windows?

So onto Pallets:

Remember that you entered this discussion disrespectfully. . .

For somebody who thinks they are so mathematically adept and condescending you sure don’t know much. Almost every survivor player admits that there are double pallets, double windows, and quasi-infinite looping spots. The fact that you think Leatherface needs to be nerfed proves you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about, and also invalidates most of the points you’ve been making; let me make this nice and simple for you: you have zero credibility at this point. Also, if I was always losing mind games to survivors then I wouldn’t be playing in high ranks at all. There is no salt here; the game favouring survivors is something I think is fairly obvious. You sound like you’re salty that killers have opinions about the game that conflict with yours.

As far as your calculations go, the amount of confounding variables you haven’t even considered is astounding; hitboxes, perks, double pallets, line of sight, etc. Believe me, the last thing I want is a massive survivor nerf; I still want it to be challenging, I just think the generation algorithms need to be actually changed rather than some BS tweak. If people won’t admit there’s a problem, then it will never be solved.

The final point is something I want to repeat: every single rank 1-5 survivor player that I know admits that killers are at a disadvantage. Yes, mind games can be won, which is why killers actually get to higher ranks, but there are underlying design problems which put killers at a natural disadvantage. We’re not posting here for your opinion on it, because it’s a fact.