Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I just had a 4-man TTV SWF disconnect because I was Slinger

calem
calem Member Posts: 533

This is probably the most bizarre thing I've seen as killer so far. In the lobby, I noticed they all had ttv names and I checked their streams. They were all on comms with each other, had 2000+ hours each in the game (2 of them had over 4000), the usual stuff you see.

I loaded in Badham Preschool II as Slinger. I downed a Kate pretty quickly, hooked her, one of them dc's, the Kate then dc's. The Steve and Feng then come and find me to point at the hook. I figured everyone wants this game over. I hook Steve who dc's while on the hook, and hook Feng who dies instantly.

I went into one of their streams to ask: Why did everyone DC?

Apparently, they only DC when playing against Slinger. The reason being, "he is unfun to play against". Now, don't get me wrong, I completely understand where they come from when saying this. It's near impossible to react to Slinger's ADS insta-shoot, and you can gain distance on him simply by holding it up. But then they said he is "unfair". This is where I disagree and I think most will too. Is Slinger strong in a chase? Yeah, there is no denying that. But he is evened out in his insane lack of map pressure. He's a 110% move speed killer with no map pressure. They were all comms together, one of them had Prove Thyself, it would not have been hard at all to gen rush me (it was a Preschool map so it was large).

I watched the stream for another game just to see what they behave like, and it's honestly quite pathetic. They went against a Forever Freddy (Swing Chains, Jump Rope, Thana, Dying Light, Sloppy) and said that THIS game would be more fun than a Slinger. They proceeded to gen rush a Forever Freddy with the Prove Thyself.

My question for everyone is this: What do YOU think about Slinger? Is he fun to play against? Is he fair to play against? Do you think DC'ing against every x killer you play against is pathetic behaviour, especially on stream?

TL;DR 4 salty streamers on comms DC'd solely because I played Slinger who is apparently "unfun and unfair", but Forever Freddy is acceptable.

ยซ1

Comments

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

To answer your questions right before the TLDR, Yes, Yes, and Yes but not especially on stream, its the same wether you're streaming or not.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223

I don't think Slinger is OP. You can definitely make the argument as to whether or not his mechanics actually work in the context of this game though. Because he kind of has to function like he does for him to be, well, functional.

You CAN dodge his shot at range against a good Deathslinger. But due to latency, you probably have to pre-dodge, and if you do that, you'll lose a lot of distance. I run double ADS movement speed add ons and simply walk people down if they try to dodge. And if they don't try to dodge, I have an easy shot. No quickscope needed at range. Just point at them and hold.

At close range 1v1...yeah, you're pretty much screwed. Very few tiles I can't down people at even after the pallet is thrown. And I can do it quickly and efficiently if I'm hitting shots.

But Slinger can still be beaten because he's 110 and only has 18m range on the shot. Most people don't think it's fun to balance for 1v4. They want every killer more or less balanced for 1v1 interactions.

• calem

That's too bad haha, I for one love playing against Oni. Being chased by him whilst he's using his power is some of the most intense, adrenaline-fueled fun in the game.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Definately agree, love playing and facing him^^

I donยดt encounter many Slingers though, so I canยดt really make a judgement on whether the complaints have merit or not.

• jackal470
    jackal470 Member Posts: 122

I dont find Slinger to be oppressive but I can say as a consoler when I load in against a huntress, slinger, or nurse from pc I definitely get nervous...I personally feel there is a way to beat each killer if the team works well together...everyone brings up ADS, I don't see it as a problem I just think some people are really good with aim compared to others(very evident with k&m). I don't think they should touch him imo even though I'm not the best against him, just need more practice at looping him

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

no way. Huntress over Deathslinger in a million years. For every reason possible.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
  • Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

One thing I will say regarding 'he is unfair' - I think they are solely referring to chase, they don't really care about winning, doing gens isn't exactly fun, is it? The fun part is the chase so I can sympathise with this point kind of, even though he's a very beatable and not particularly amazing killer, it's comparable to camping. If the killer is facecamping and you are on comms, you can just do gens, right? That's still winning, the killer is losing - that doesn't mean winning was remotely fun though, and I see Slinger in the same way as that.

My question for you is, would you blame someone for DCing if it was a hard facecamping killer from first hook. While they're very different things, they're a similar match experience. Going vs a killer facecamping = you just hold M1 optimally, not fun. Slinger has the same result. Circumstancially it's questionable, I'd expect them to DC the Freddy too, but I'll always understand a 4 man who DCs vs Slinger. Why would you want to participate in a match you know is a waste of your time and won't be enjoyable?

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

To be fair, they wasted 5 minutes of your time. Let's not pretend they are pathetic human beings for not wanting to skip a game they don't think is fun.

• RatQueen
    RatQueen Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2020

It's stupid tbh. I hate playing against Freddy, REALLY hate it yet I won't DC or kill myself early because it screws the team over.

In a game with so many variables, disconnecting because of certain characters is just wasting time all of the people involved could be spending playing.

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

They aren't screwing their team over because they are a 4 man and mutually agreed to it.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited October 2020

So a full on-comms party of collectively 12k+ hours DC'd because you were Slinger?

Right.

Edit: and it was after one of them found out you weren't a bad Slinger. That just screams bully-for-views.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

Cant you say the same thing when ruin was changed. Killers quite litterally quit the game. Call this whataboutism but is it the survivors fault slinger has the most uninteractive chase?

• azame

I dont think its bully for views. Slinger is so unfun to verse. All he has to do is click m2 to outplay you. Litterally killer deadhard.

• Dsalter
    Dsalter Member Posts: 239
  • Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302
  • azame

I've played him alot before. Its litterally press m2 to make them dodge them get a hit. Or the alternative which is walk at them. They are forced to dodge you due to the psychological effect he holds.

• calem

I was concerned they were streamers because this is the kind of behaviour they would be encouraging to their audiences. Don't like versing a certain killer? Just DC every time you go against one!

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

He's only fun if he's bad. I hate his terror radius, I hate his face, I hate his ADS not having some kind of delay on m1, I hate his range and I hate he has a gun. I hate him entirely basically. He is very fun to play as and very easy for me though. In most games anyway. I refuse to ever DC though. I take my punishment with pride and just be salty and go to the next game or stop playing as I have now.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

I don't support dc's. When you bring deathslinger tho, the dc chances are way higher.

Deathslinger is the most unhealthy, annoying and boring killer in the video game industry.

"Outplayed" from 1 mile away. Interactive and fun gameplay.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

A swf shouldnt even be losing to Deathslinger as they'll always know where he is and blast through gens. what a bunch of salty babies.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

It's not like the subject matter isn't about survivors disconnecting from a killer they don't like

• LuffyBlack

All I could do is shake my damn head. They had the perfect set up too like they were experienced, had comms, and were streaming? They were going to bully the hell out of you. I went through that myself, I'm amazed no one ever talk about the bullying culture towards killers that streamers created.

• azame

Doesn't matter its apart of the game and people constantly talk down on survivors. "Oh you got swf" "why are you dcing just rush gens" "survivors never want to change just bully." Like damn why is this accepted.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I think slinger is mostly fine, his power isn't breaking the game, it's just strong chase power that puts more control in killer's hand then survivor's, nothing wrong with having a few killers out of 21 to have strong chase power that survivors can't 100% hard counter.

The fun perspective is extremely subjective. Many don't like him for whatever reason but I love facing him due to the different chase mechanics then all other M1 killers.

Also he is fair overall, he exchanges very strong chase power for lack of map control, snowballing, tracking etc. If he had mobility or strong slowdown/tracking he would be unfair and possibly even OP but he doesn't have any of that so in that aspect he's fair. His chase is as unfair as survivor positioning and map RNG allows it. If survivors loop open tiles or are in the open and then yell unfair when the get downed for free that's on them, don't loop killers in positions that favor them.

DCing for any reason then emergency or severe bugs is very pathetic and should be discouraged/punished more (for example matching DCers with other DCers, give them taste of their own medicine).

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited October 2020

At 25 ping most people are able to react before i can shoot when going into ADS. If you make the ADS take to long (2-3 seconds looking at this games balance) and put a cooldown on his attack, then every survivor will just jiggle about forcing the slinger to shoot. this makes the harpoon just luck based since it has travel time and a pin point hit box.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I find it pathetic and petty to dc over Slinger, because your right he may have high chase potential but he has 0 map pressure. Sure he maybe annoying but you can juke Slinger if your smart enough, but for them to go up against infinite Freddy is even worse than facing Slinger, I'd Dc against that. I just think people are brainwashed over that Scott person who talked about Slinger. I personally thought what he said about Slinger was absolute BS, sure he is a bit hard to face but not all that bad. Slinger can be fun to face if you play against him correctly. The thing is Slinger is still fairly new and like Clown they will adapt and find a way to work around him

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

"Slinget has the most uninteractive chase".

Spirit has entered the chat.

• azame

I actually rather go against the blueberry than slinger. Atleast I can laugh at she blue she is.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Oh my god you just called Spirit a blueberry and now I can't stop thinking she's violet beauregarde from Charlie and the chocolate factory after she's been deflated. Aaaand the song is now stuck in my head.

• azame

Yeah dude she is a blueberry she has blue skin. Glad I could remind you of Charlie and the chocolate factory :)

• RatQueen
    RatQueen Member Posts: 16

I wasn't speaking particularly about the 4 people mentioned in the OP as that's a strange occurrence where they did agree- in a normal situation DCing like that would screw over a team who didn't agree, depending on where you are on the number of gens done, and it would be time wasted.

I'd rather leave with the points I 'struggled' to get playing against an unenjoyable killer than DC and leave with nothing personally, but that's just my opinion and I understand there are others who would disagree with that. It eez what it eez. ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Well looks like someone deserves a cookie.

• TN_Chris
    TN_Chris Member Posts: 28

I'm brand new to killer "literally just started playing killer for the first time two nights ago" and I decided to play with Deathslinger. The amount of DC's and players wanting to turn every match into farmville is insane. No matter how serious I want to be, there's always that one (or several) goofball(s) that throws in the towel or DC's after being shot or downed, which ruins it for everyone else.

Did you killer mains experience the same when starting out? The pic below is just an example. I decided I wanted to try and test the waters as killer...and at low ranks it has been quite an experience. ๐Ÿ˜ถ

• JephKaplan
    JephKaplan Member Posts: 308

Yep had a few of those yesterday, 1 example that i find hilarious, i had a ttv dc because i fully infected him with plague and downed him within 10 seconds..... bruh

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    edited October 2020

Slinger is a limited huntress but because of this he got a super fast charge (aim down sight) and can shoot right away without having to wait to much, sure u need to probaly adjust your aim and predict which side the survivor will move too. I find Slinger boring, but tbh I am just gonna hug killershack, jungel gyms, and if possible the main building. He will have much more frustrating time trying to catch you and will probaly go away and look for someone else so you can focus on gens.

boring but easy to counter

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

I have absolutely no idea how to counter Deathslinger since I rarely encounter him in SoloQ.

It makes me a super easy target for them apparently and while I loathe being tunnelled and proxy-camped (as it's been my experiences with them, sadly). I wouldn't DC against them... I really want to learn how to counter them so I'm less of an easy target.

This is terrifying whatsoever. The amount of DCs occurring for the most random reasons is distressing to say the least.

• LuffyBlack

Not one person on this thread did that, you just wanted to hop in and derail. Do you think disconnecting from a match is acceptable?

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028
    edited October 2020

Slinger isnt really fun, i do agree with the TTV, but he's not DC-levels of unfun. Doctor is more unfun imo.