The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What is the most depressing part of the game for you?

What is it that, as soon as you know it exists in your CURRENT ROUND, makes you care less about the CURRENT ROUND?

Is it when you realise that most opposition have DS?

Is it when the killer has Ebony?

Is it when killer has Noed?

Is it toxic opposition?

For me, it is Indoor Maps. Whenever I spawn in one of them, I feel like I am already half way towards rage quitting. They should all just be deleted from the game in my opinion, most killers and most survivors detest them. The Lerys rework was great. It made a horrible map into a barely acceptable map. But I'd still love to see it gone.

Comments

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

The most depressing to me is seeing the Ormond offering only to see one or several Survivor Auras right after loading in. It´s at this moment I realise it´s gonna be miserable.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

Maps. Any indoor map, Haddonfield, Mother's Dwelling, Ormond. Can I win? Sure. Will it be fun? Never is.

Honestly one of the best changes they could make is a way to avoid getting indoor maps. Unfun chases, can't use your powers as killer, they're just totally game ruining

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364

Sweat SWF squad with all 4 second-chance perks (and/or OoO), flashlights and/or keys. T-bagging included 😅

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

The toxic community.

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

When you try not to run DS and the killer turns out to be a sweaty tryhard tunneler or when I don't bring BT and the killer is a rank 16 Insidious camping Bubba main.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

i second indoor maps, especially Midwich. I hate it so much that I’m ready to dc the match as soon as it starts. I practice patience though and see how my teammates do, if they’re a bunch of potatoes, I die on first hook.

I used to be anti-dc but I have come to hate that map so much, I refuse to play it since it isn’t fun for me at all.

The other depressing thing I see is when players call for nerfs without actually playing both roles. It just seems like people want an easy game with no challenge. Yes, some things need balancing, but the game isn’t anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be. Just wish the devs would get an influx of money and higher pro-programmers and rewrite the game from the ground up.

• Arial
    Arial Member Posts: 134

The lack of variety in gameplay beyond characters & maps.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Killer using an Ivory/Ebony or Survivor using a Dull/Skeleton Key (especially if they find it in a chest)

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Honestly this.

This game has so much potential but much needed changes just take waaaay to long

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

The most depressing part of the game is the fact that your individual skill doesn't really matter on both sides.

- You can be a god-survivor and still die every single match to a completely clueless and new killer if your team is a useless bunch of hiding chickens.

- You can be a god-killer and still get a 0k if survivors are "decent" at looping and aggressive on the gens.

• Doctor_Grizz
    Doctor_Grizz Member Posts: 85

Jeff's backstory, that is so depressing.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

It's hard camping. Because the Killer is losing points, the Survivors are losing points. And the guy on the hook doesn't even get to play.

If the Killer refuses to play the game normally, the ranking system and bloodpoint system makes everyone lose automatically.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

All of it. I’m definitely entering my last days of playing. Anymore I find myself hopping in for a game or two, only to realize how boring this game has gotten, and then off it goes. I think part of me thinks one day it’ll load up bug free, with either better, non-cloud based servers or back to P2P, and different game modes instead of status bar simulator. o/

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

Honestly the toxicity. And yes I mean on both sides.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited October 2020

The most depressing part of the game is, that some devs seem to value one player group over a other sometimes and that you can wait years for specific changes at specific characters.

Besides that, I can't find much on DBD to critize.

With that I do not want to say that DBD is perfect, but I think that the most other problems will be anyways solved - sooner or later. You have also to give the devs a bit of trust - if they have not prove you wrong there.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

toxic players.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Nothing about this game depresses me because I wouldn't play a video game that was depressed me. Wacky philosophy you should try sometime.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Loading up the game and seeing its the same lobby waiting for me... id like a different lobby... maybe one that I can actually move around in..

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Realizing that some matches are simply unwinnable.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

The most depressing part? Probably the fact that I play it to keep my mind off killing myself... but hey still alive and still going strong I guess.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

As killer: When I get "outplayed" not by skill but by perks.

As survivor: If the killer is being campy or tunneling hard and the other survivors are waiting around the hook all too happy to feed the killer.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,062

I'll split it into the most depressing situations for killer and survivor. For survivor, it's doing amazing chases but inefficient teammates cause you to lose. For killer, it's knowing that you're not in control (despite being the killer) because of having to actually retreat from strong loops, focus gens over chases, etc.