The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Discord makes survivors unbalanced.

They should allow talking in this game. So many people use Discord, and other talking apps. That it completely throws game balance off. That it's is the soul reason that some people may complain about killer imbalance. But they may not know, in actuality, it's these talking services that completely unbalances the game. Making killers too weak to compete in a game were talking is not allowed. Make killers strong enough to compete with Discord!!

Comments

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

They won't be adding voice chat.
    You must not be watching their streams. If you were , you'd know that.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532
    In all seriousness, off the back of the most recent stream, will use of chat programs be deemed a bannable offence? 
    Any dev/person of responsibility know?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Supernaut said:
    In all seriousness, off the back of the most recent stream, will use of chat programs be deemed a bannable offence? 
    Any dev/person of responsibility know?

I don't think so.

They just can't prevent that. Lets say that they found a way to detect discord on computers. Players will start to use discord in their phones.

We should just accept voice comms and move on. The best way to solve this problem is to introduce voice comms to the game but as @Grey87 pointed it out, they will not do that.

If you don't like it, then leave the lobby and try to find solo players. I don't do that because it takes too much time. Just play against them and try to find their weaknesses and improve yourself. There is nothing else to do.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Vankruze said:

I've been screaming this since I started playing this game voice com swf is flat out cheating! no two ways about it.

Alas the only good counter is a proximity chat but devs have adamantly said no I think it would add more to the game I mean imaging playing the pig your crouched no heartbeat or as teir1 Myers and you hear them talking or trying to signal each other only to be grabbed and killed because they couldn't be quiet I feel it would add in more depth and realism to it
  • Circlesho
    Circlesho Member Posts: 22

@redsopine1 said:
    Vankruze said:

I've been screaming this since I started playing this game voice com swf is flat out cheating! no two ways about it.

Alas the only good counter is a proximity chat but devs have adamantly said no I think it would add more to the game I mean imaging playing the pig your crouched no heartbeat or as teir1 Myers and you hear them talking or trying to signal each other only to be grabbed and killed because they couldn't be quiet I feel it would add in more depth and realism to it

Even if there were proximity chat, people would still just use discord lol. The problem is the devs have said the survivors and killers do not talk, or cannot talk due to the entity or smth, so they wont add it no matter what probably. As for people saying they dont balance around swf discord, there's a good chance they do because theyre not dumb enough to ignore a huge part of survivor gameplay.

Although idk it did take 2 years to get a survivor nerf

• Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135
    Discord isn't bannable. It was clear that use of 3rd party software was directed at cheaters. I understand it upsets you, but it's best if you don't try to maliciously spread rumors.

Besides how would you separate the use of discord from KYF? You can't. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    We need always on proximity voice chat. Like hunt: showdown has.
  • Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

Actually, they don't want people to be able to speak with each other in game, this includes SWFs, they've said so in a devstream. KYF is a completely different matter as this intended to be among friends and it's much more lax than just playing regular matches. The most lame part is that they facilitate voice communication through Discord, even in an organized matter. If they don't want people to communicate through 3rd VoIP services, they should not be facilitating them in the first place. If they're supporting the use of VoIP 3rd party services then they should implement it in the game as well, and should balance the game accordingly, and the balancing part they should've done that a long time ago.

Furthermore, the game isn't intended nor balanced around players being in SWF groups with full communication between each other. KYF I can understand it with, as I find to be more fair as it's a bit more lax and it's intended to be between friends just having fun,

Post edited by Incarnate on
  • Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

@Vankruze said:

Congratulations on trying to make your opinion heard, but your opinion is wrong.

To best argue this point lets look at a common definition of cheat(ing): Cheating is the receiving of a reward for ability or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation by dishonest means. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation.

Now lets take a look at 3rd party software: a third-party software component is a reusable software component developed to be either freely distributed or sold by an entity other than the original vendor of the development platform.

not_Queen said last year on a steam forum. She is part of the BHVR team, therefore final say/approval:

_Achievement hacks
    Using 3rd party software to tamper with Dead by Daylight achievements in any way. Unlocking, locking, clearing them off – all of this is prohibited.

Hacking in-game exclusives/Legacy skins
    Acquiring any kind of in-game skin a player isn’t supposed to have.
    Legacy cutoff happened on November 24th, 2016. If player has received Legacy skins anytime after that, it is considered hacking (3rd party software/expanding Legacy cutoff time/loading up a savefile, etc.)
    Video of this person in a hacked skin (and you opening the profile to ensure it’s theirs) is mandatory.

Botting
    Killer spawns and stays at one place, hitting air the whole time. He doesn’t move or change the hit pattern even if gates are opened and some of the Survivors are already gone. Video of the match (showing the tally screen is crucial) is mandatory.

Hacked progress
    Using 3rd party software or any other way to hack amount of BP in the game. Or loading up any savefile except from your own backup (any savefile – from previously banned account, from a friend, your savefile from BETA, etc.)

Threats
    Excessive threats (DOX threats, life threats, disclosing private information, etc.)

Other hacks
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. Heavy proof and a video recording is mandatory._

And last, but not least Gay Myers (Luzi) posting just yesterday on this same topic:

Voice comms are not and never will be bannable. Overlays are not bannable either as long as they don't touch the game files. You can use a crosshair for Huntress if you want to. SweetFX and ReShade are both whitelisted by EAC, so is Nvidia Freestyle basically as DBD is in it's list of supporters.

So two community members who represent BHVR and two definitions that show that using programs like Discord, Skype, and Steam Voice Chat are not directly modifying, tampering, or hacking the direct game files = NOT A CHEATING OFFENSE.

So while you may not agree with their decision, which you are entitled to, you may not call anyone who uses Discord or voice chat a cheater, because it simply is not true. So your "no two ways about it" is just a moral compass you hold that "no two ways about it" is wrong about what cheating actually is in DbD and other games.

• Tradebaron
    Hunt showdown is a bad example because you can set the VC to a push to talk button and just use discord for free flow conversation.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

On Xbox every group is basically using discord. As killer I get groups a lot, most are not that good but some are and it's frustrating. As survivor I play alone and in groups. When I'm alone I find games right away. When I'm in a group of 3 or more I get dodged a lot. I don't dodge as killer unless I've played someone before and have them blocked (my way of knowing toxic players) or if I played them in the last 24 hours with that build on that killer (win or loss I don't like to play the same people over and over).

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

they just need to remove swf from the game

• redsopine1
    Discord isn't bannable. It was clear that use of 3rd party software was directed at cheaters. I understand it upsets you, but it's best if you don't try to maliciously spread rumors.

Besides how would you separate the use of discord from KYF? You can't. 
    Ok then I was mistaken on that thank you for clarification on it
  • SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

@redsopine1 said:
    Hey guys heads up but discord use is a ban offense so far only built in party chat for PS4/XBOX are allowed as there built in but any external non standard I.E anything in PC that allows chatting that's not (sitting next to each other in Same room) is a violation for ban you.just need proof

Btw, this joke is not true anymore too. Steam has built-in voice chat for a long time now...

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Vankruze said:

As long as they have a turn off button because the last thing I want to hear is people annoying voices. 
  • Tradebaron
    You know, I do want to point out that it's a misunderstanding that swf groups and discord are super overpowered. Really they're aren't as powerful as people think.

I've faced groups that destroy me, made worse by discord and swf. But I've also destroyed similar groups. To be honest, I don't think they destroyed me due to using vc, but because they played better than me or I made too many mistakes.

I know it's frustrating but if you're not having fun, why not chat with people on ways to mind game people or different builds? Find a community to join. Make friends post game chat. 
  • Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    We all know survs got his discord ot team spak and some killer perks are just not usable becose of that that same when one die and can see on end screen killer load and say his frind to destroy totems becose he got noed.Devs dont have power to stop this discord or ts.
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited September 2018

@Vankruze said:
    A devs opinion on the matter doesn't make it a fact it's just "their opinion" and doesn't mean mine is wrong because it's not the same as theirs. Furthermore it's not just my opinion many killer mains agree it's ridiculous. It renders many killer perks useless and creates an unfair advantage which is cheating by definition. It may not meet the devs model for what is deemed to be cheating but that doesn't change what it is. Does it create an unfair advantage? Absolutely 100% yes. End of discussion.

A developers opinion on cheating doesn't matter in their own videogame. It's just opinion.

The players opinion matter on what is cheating, despite the fact they have no control over it's development. It's their opinion.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Vankruze said:
    A devs opinion on the matter doesn't make it a fact it's just "their opinion" and doesn't mean mine is wrong because it's not the same as theirs. Furthermore it's not just my opinion many killer mains agree it's ridiculous. It renders many killer perks useless and creates an unfair advantage which is cheating by definition. It may not meet the devs model for what is deemed to be cheating but that doesn't change what it is. Does it create an unfair advantage? Absolutely 100% yes. End of discussion.

Wrong but nice try.

The Devs make up the rules for their game as they see fit. Their opinion on the matter is fact, since it is their game. They decide what is bannable and not. The also decide what they consider cheating and not. Not your opinions.

If the Devs don't consider it cheating.. no matter how much you tell yourself it is, it isn't. Have your opinion as you wish, your opinion on the matter doesn't change reality.

To the OP....

No way will there be any voice chat in the game. We don't need salty troll players playing music trying to make everyone deaf. No thanks. Not everyone will use it either, so makes no sense to add it. People can use the existing software products out there. I can't even imagine the Devs trying to put in voice chat, that would be a complete ######### show.

• Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186

@redsopine1 said:
    Vankruze said:

I was reluctant about the mandatory voice com use ... being concerned about hearing 10 years old laughing in my ears all along. But just for the "SHUT UP OR DIE" idea, I'm totally in :p

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

Ok, swf is broken, its a fact. But devs still can make reasonable nerfs to it. Like, hide killer perks for everyone till end of the game, when all survivors escaped/killed/sacrificed. And, probably, they can create another non-ranked playmode with swf, while ranked mode would be solo only. Makes sense, right?

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@MagnumTA said:
    They should allow talking in this game. So many people use Discord, and other talking apps. That it completely throws game balance off. That it's is the soul reason that some people may complain about killer imbalance. But they may not know, in actuality, it's these talking services that completely unbalances the game. Making killers too weak to compete in a game were talking is not allowed. Make killers strong enough to compete with Discord!!

With the new report system coming, it falls under the category "use at own risk".
    I asked the support and they confirmed that, any 3rd party programs not on the whitelist of EAC are "use at own risk" now.

• Grey87

@redsopine1 said:
    Hey have a look at the ban section it states any third party means is a ban offense the exception is the console's as they have voice chat built in

Ok, I'll just use steam's built in voice chat xD
    Wow, now I really am not sure it this guy is a troll or actually serious.

• TheBean

@Rattman said:
    Ok, swf is broken, its a fact. But devs still can make reasonable nerfs to it. Like, hide killer perks for everyone till end of the game, when all survivors escaped/killed/sacrificed. And, probably, they can create another non-ranked playmode with swf, while ranked mode would be solo only. Makes sense, right?

The first part yes, survivors shouldn't see anything at the summary until the match is over.

The non-ranked mode won't ever happen.

What is going to happen, which has already started over the past several updates, is solo players getting more information to bring them up SWF levels. Then you see killers getting buffed because of SWF players. Solo players will have it harder over time, but because of SWF.

• Grey87

@HellDescent said:

And with that remove a part of the people who play it.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Grey87 said:

@redsopine1 said:
    Hey have a look at the ban section it states any third party means is a ban offense the exception is the console's as they have voice chat built in

Its true, I asked the support and they confirmed that.

With their logic, discord and ts are "use at own risk" category now, just like MLGA.
    If you feel like they were more coordinated than they should, report them I guess lol

Kinda weird, but I didnt create this report system :wink:

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Grey87 said:

@HellDescent said:

You can always play solo and kyf...oh yes, you do need comms to win

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Cause we haven't seen enough of these threads now.

Nothing is going to change. That's just the way it is.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Hey guys heads up but discord use is a ban offense so far only built in party chat for PS4/XBOX are allowed as there built in but any external non standard I.E anything in PC that allows chatting that's not (sitting next to each other in Same room) is a violation for ban you.just need proof
    Lmao yea right 
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited September 2018

@Grey87 said:

@HellDescent said:

You can always play solo and kyf...oh yes, you do need comms to win

When they add BP and shards to KYF, I'd gladly play that with friends. :)
    Then we would have fun without triggering salty killers, and you'd be bitching about long queues. 🤷‍♂️

• Tradebaron

@MagnumTA said:

With the new report system coming, it falls under the category "use at own risk".
    I asked the support and they confirmed that, any 3rd party programs not on the whitelist of EAC are "use at own risk" now.

Please provide proof of said conversation otherwise this is literal nonsense, intent to bully and fearmonger newcomers to the community. 

I spoke with seven mods, Gabe Newell and the Entity, all confirm and validate my opinions so please listen to my written text block here as its mandated as law.

Stop being silly. Just stop.
  • TheBean
    edited September 2018

@DeadByFlashlight said:
    I asked the support and they confirmed that, any 3rd party programs not on the whitelist of EAC are "use at own risk" now

haha... that will mean using Microsoft Word... Or using your driver software for all the different devices and stuff on your PC will be use at your own risk. They would need to list every software product that you could use on your PC, while you have the game running.. Which would never even be feasible. So basically almost every software product will be a "use at your own risk" situation.

What are teachers teaching in highschool anyways??... Seems like there are allot of idiots graduating these days.

I can't wait until you start reporting people using their new tool, whenever that gets done, then realizing they won't be banning for it. luls.

• redsopine1
    Rattman said:

Now that sounds cool
  • Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186
    edited September 2018

@redsopine1 said:
    Rattman said:

Now that sounds cool

There was another thread about new game mode ideas where I already wrotte this but, what the hell ^^ !

Among the new game modes that are being tested by the devs right now, I'd like one to split players in two category:
    1. Solo players and SWF groups of 2. Let's not be picky: with a group of 2 and 2 randos, the game should be pretty fair for everyone.
    2. SWF groups of 3 or 4 people ... that's the kind of group we mostly complain about.

The reason those groups shouldn't be mixed together is because it sounds so hard to keep the game nice and entertaining for everyone when some people play with an advantage.

When paired with a group of 3 the killer will just face only 3 survivors with 4 generators to repair. When they will face a group of 4, the killer will have a significant bonus (maybe a blancket speed bonus). But against solo and small SWF groups, the game can stay the pretty much the same.

• redsopine1
    Grey87 said:

@redsopine1 said:

Facepaws * read all the comments someone explained what the 3rd party stuff was in detail and I realized I was wrong and apologized
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Grey87 said:

@redsopine1 said:

Facepaws * read all the comments someone explained what the 3rd party stuff was in detail and I realized I was wrong and apologized
    did you really just say that...
  • redsopine1
    yeet said:
    Grey87 said:

@redsopine1 said:

Boops you * I'm a fur so I have paws not hands so its a facepaw and yes before I was adamant vc outside ps and exbix was losted under 3rd party but once it was explained I realized I was mistaken and apoligized
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

So many people say "just add in-game voice comms". My answer to that is simply "peer-to-peer connection". We already have a lot of people playing killer who are barely able to host the current version of the game, and you want to add 5-player voice traffic to that connection?

Maybe if we had dedicated servers, sure. Until then, we're stuck with using third-party programs for chat, which by the way includes console voice chat. Console voice chat is not run by the DBD devs, it's a console program designed and run by the console manufacturers.

Also, from what I understand console voice chat works just like Steam voice chat. You're not automatically dumped into a voice chat room with everyone in your match, you have to choose to join in. In a PC DBD game, you could choose to invite everyone in your lobby to a Steam call, which would be hosted on Steam servers.

• TheBean

@Vankruze said:
    Okay even though I know for a fact SWF creates an unfair advantage? Oh the devs said it wasn't cheating and isn't a problem therefore it's not broken and somehow it no longer creates an unfair advantage? Sorry but a devs opinion on the matter doesn't change facts and their opinion doesn't become fact just because they own the game.

You can try to do the mental gymnastics around it all you want.

Saying the Dev's opinion doesn't make it fact is wrong, since they make the rules and enforce the rules. You don't. You can have whatever opinion you want about it. Doesn't matter.

The fact is.. the Devs don't consider it cheating and thus won't ban for it. So try to bend that mental steel bar however you want. That is the fact. You opinion on it doesn't matter, but you are welcome to whatever opinion you want on it.

• Mc_Harty
    edited September 2018

@Vankruze said:
    Voice coms SWF creates an unfair advantage, the devs opinion about it doesn't change that fact!

Who said it didn't?

We just pointed out the devs don't see it as cheating.

10/10 for the gymnastics though.

• Mc_Harty
    edited September 2018

@Vankruze said:
    So you do agree with me then?

With what?

That the devs don't make the rules within their own games?
    That voice-coms is cheating?

Then no, I don't.

No one is that stupid to suggest that voice-coms don't provide an unfair advantage. As long as the devs don't see it as cheating, I honestly don't care.

Edit: ######### my insomnia.

• Mc_Harty

@Vankruze said:
    You just said "Who said it didn't?" when I said it creates an unfair advantage. Now you say "No one is that stupid to suggest that voice-coms provide an unfair advantage". That looks awfully close to being a contradiction which indicates to me you don't have a point and just jumped on the band wagon for the sake of an argument you don't fully understand.

###, sorry, I meant that no one is that stupid to suggest that voicecoms don't provide an unfair advantage.

Insomnia's a #########.

• redsopine1
    yeet said:
    yeet said:
    Grey87 said:

@redsopine1 said:

Boops you * I'm a fur so I have paws not hands so its a facepaw and yes before I was adamant vc outside ps and exbix was losted under 3rd party but once it was explained I realized I was mistaken and apoligized
    i don't really think people need to be informed as to what you jack off too on the dbd forums
    Did you seriously just do the whole because someone is a furry they jack off to it stereotyping stuff like seriously get some information about it a small percentage do that or view the anthropomorphic characters that way alot just like the good detailed artwork that people can spend a entire day on drawing humans is easy drawing a character with realistic fur muzzle shape correct tail size and shape weather its corse or soft fur floofy or flat and then there's the sense of acceptance and family that alot of people who's feel like outcast's dont fit in find it a welcoming community that alot of furs main goal is to make people smile and if someone decides to become one from feeling accepted by strangers so they don't feel alone knowing they have friends that will go above and beyond to help them and the way you go is hes a fur so he must jack off to it route have some consideration in future of what people choose to be apart of and there reasoning behind it
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@MagnumTA said:

How bloody stupid