Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

An idea for the Genrush

Why_so_serious_
Why_so_serious_ Member Posts: 2
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Well, when it comes to make a change things turns very complicated. There's a lot of things to consider such as the compatibility with the current perks, addons, don't create boring game mechanics(and in a matter of fact doing a gen is boring) and above everything it's a must to think in the new players.

Having said this let me introduce you my idea with an illustrative video from a very popular youtuber:

As you can see the fastest generator it's in 8 seconds with the best perks and addons and without toolboxes but running the best perks it's 17 seconds. Of course with 4 survivors at the same time.

A single survivor with toolbox and the best perks-addons can finish a gen in less than 50 seconds. We could say honestly that 50 seconds it's probably less time than the time a killer takes to chase, down and hook a survivor unless the survivors is unskilled. That means it'll be likely that 2 or 3 will pop by the time you hook your first survivor if the chase took place far from the other survivors.

Here it goes my idea. The more survivors are working on a generator the more probability that the gen gets overheat or overcharge. And how this works?

1 Survivor on a gen: 0% probability

2:Survivors on a gen: 15%

3 Survivors on a gen: 65%

4 survivors on a gen: 100%

The consequences of the overheat would be an explosion,regression and notification (like a regular missed skillcheck) and the impossibility for more than 2 survivors to work on it. This overheating last 15-20 seconds.

if there were 2 survivors would be just the explosion and notification, they can keep working on it.

The overheating could have a cooldown of 1.5-2 minutes.

So to sum up, the effective time to do gens is not longer(players won't be bored), the difficulty is not increased(new players won't find frustrating like what happened with the old ruin), perks like discordance will still be useful beacuse the killer has no way to differentiate a regular missed skillcheck from an overheating, besides it's unlikely an overheat with 2 survivors.

And as a bonus doing a gen with more than 2 survivors will be a challeng and a risk survivors will have to assume so in certain occassions they could take it or not. The idea is to promote the strategy and not only the m1.

That's the idea that I've come after playing both sides equally beacuse i think both of them can be very funny and challenging. I could say I'm main dbd player.

So what do you think?