Why was the doctor design to not require any skills?

sluc16
sluc16 Member Posts: 537

Seriously, the main thing killers need to get good at is tracking survivors, the doctor completely eliminates that need. Plus of course he can block you from vaulting, dropping pallets and using items. Waw so much skill needed

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

They could do with nerfing his static blast, but otherwise there is nothing wrong with base kit Doctor.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,099

You can use Dead Hard to not be affected by his shocks, I actually got outplayed so hard once when I went against a David that used Dead Hard most of the time when reaching a pallet / window to not get shocked.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,099

I just want to point out that Whispers is a really good perk on Doc for this exact reason.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Hmmm... I personally don’t use Whispers on Doc because I already feel confident in my tracking abilities, freeing up a perk slot for something else. With a massive 60 second cool down I always wait till I either spot a survivor, or start a chase with one before I use Blast so I’m 100% guaranteed at least 1 survivor always goes up a madness tier whenever I use it.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

if you think that tracking a survivor is the most important skill a killer can have, you obviously have not gotten to high rank with killer where survivors will find you t-bag and then proceed to run to a loop with the intent on distracting you all match.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

Go play some killer matches and stream them for us @sluc16, go all the way to red ranks playing only doctor and obviously go atleast ez on the add ons, preferably non used, then we shall see if the doc indeed requires no skill, deal?

• hurryingok
    hurryingok Member Posts: 49

Love when ppl reduce the skills needed for killer play to this or that 1 thing. Just learn the maps ... Just pressure gens ... It's all tracking ... It's all counter-looping ... Remember it's a 1v4, not a 1v1

Taken as a whole it's basically an argument that the game is good and forces you to develop a wide set of skills.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

I just started playing a few weeks ago and I couldn't find anybody. I'd get gen rushed and was lucky if I got 1 hit. 1 hit! I'm also colorblind so the fog messes me up sometimes.

Doctor alleviates that issue with his abilities. I run Whispers/Distress/Overcharge and either of the following Iron Grasp/Thrilling Tremors (am working on Trappers skill check perk-forgot what its called). Just spamming static blast wont help at all. Running Whispers helps me narrow the location and confirm with Static Blast to go for the hunt. Doctor still can't do much on certain loops which other killers can take advantage of (nurse, freddy or even clown to slow down survivors).

Madness helps since getting survivors to tier 3 is fairly easy and they have to stop to snap out of it. A stationary survivor is just as useful as a survivor that can't repair or heal.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

I love when someone loses a match, gets salty and starts a thread without any idea what they're talking about. Then sees how silly they look after a few responses and NEVER EVEN BOTHER TO REPLY TO ANYTHING ON THEIR OWN THREAD😂😂🤣🤣

@sluc16 care to add anything about the OP clown, or trapper not having counter play or how hag needs a speed nerf?🤓

• alex9er
    alex9er Member Posts: 96

I can't be the only one who enjoys playing against doctor.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

So this is the new thing to complain? "X killer takes no skill to play".

I'll be back tomorrow and find another thread the same.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Knowing when to use the static shock to block a pallet or vault versus knowing when using it with the slow will just lose you distance takes some time to learn. There's also better survivors who will know to drop the pallet early or fake a vault when running around a LOS breaker towards it to bait the shock.

• Paradoxadon
    Paradoxadon Member Posts: 5

Doctor does require you to use skills constantly. He doesn't need nerfed in fact no killer in the game needs nerfed right now actually or anytime in the foreseeable future while survivors get buffed literally every single update. Try focusing the objective aka gens instead of trying to loop and be toxic to killers and you won't get shut down. There are literally only 2 or three survivors that ever need to be purposely messing with the killer and then if you play said survivors you gotta use the old dark souls term get gud. Every killer has a weakness and you gotta remember it's 4 v1 survivors have the best perks and swfs are a thing so take that into consideration and play both sides so you can understand how the killers have it. Doc is fine the way he is no nerf needed.

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122

Yeah, but there's tracking.. Then there's hide and seek - which I'm not a fan of.

In my opinion Doctor exists to deal with the cowardly/unfun survivors that ONLY want gens done and don't want to be in chases at all.

That's why I'm done until they let me opt out of crossplay - for some reason they locked it and ever since then I've got gen rush after gen rush - never a fun game of Cat and Mouse anymore.

Hell in this game it's literally Tom and Jerry. Killers Tom, Jerry Survivor; half the time he can't get the smart little mouse - but at least Jerry puts up a fight.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

If I had the power I would flat out delete Doc from the game. I hate this POS killer.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

Doctor is really just a noob stomper lol. He's mid tier at best. No mobility, insignificant time-wasting abilities, no ranged attacks, and the requirement to m1 a survivor twice before downing them. Most doctors don't even know how to shock properly and play ring around the rosey around the same loop like 10 times.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

It'd be nice to see videos debating both sides. Doctor is really not fun to play against for me. But thanks to tips from the forum community (you guys are awesome) he's less overbearing now. I'm not sure what a previous poster meant when he said the doctor has no mobility exactly.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

I use my doctor to farm bloodpoints. Generally stress free. How ever some survs know how to loop doctors.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

really can't thank them for coming up with new killers and not taking better care of their current ones.

But to the OP, idk why. Doctor is designed to make everyone's skill lower. The killer's skill is just about timing a right click around loops (with free radar every so often), and the survivors are prevented from doing any sort of interesting things in chase because the doctor's shock stops survivors from performing actions all while alerting The Doctor to where exactly the survivor is in a chase.

I loved him before, and now I hate him.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    edited October 2020

That means if you hook a survivor in the corner or side of a map and you see survivors on the other side of the map with BBQ, you have to walk a marathon to get there. Coupled with the fact that you have to melee survivors, that's why Pig, Myers, Trapper, and Clown are not the best killers as well.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

they changed him because survivors whined he wasn't fun to face

lol gg ez wp etcetcwhateversurvivorssay

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

Doc can't warp like Nurse. Can't superspeed through phase like Spirit. Can't Slam into walls at crazy speeds like Blight. Can't circle the entire map in mere seconds like Billy or Oni. Can't teleport to gens like Freddy. Can't teleport to traps like Hag. Can't dig tunnels like Demo. Can't sprint like Legion. Can't even speed boost in stealth like Wraith.

He can just walk. And he's slowed down when using either of his powers.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Try playing Doc against competent survivors, see how well that goes. You may win, but they will probably get most if not all of the gens first assuming they know how to play against Doc

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

As everyone has said, sluc has no idea what he's talking about. Just lost to a couple doctors and wanted to shed some salt. Pretty evident since he has no responses to everyone's valid statements.

• Kind_Lemon

You speak as if having the survivors getting all or most of the gens done before you murder them all is bad? Those are some of the most satisfying killer and survivor games, and it's what I always aim to achieve (unless ofc the survivors are really bad).

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Doctor is bad but Freddy is worse. It's why the devs should stop listening to killers when it comes to buffing killers.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    edited October 2020

Sorry if I implied that, I meant that Doc is not a "easy 5 gen 4k" killer

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

It's all bad faith, I don't buy into any of that, just as the rulebook has become. It has its place in the past, buts it has morphed into bullying and manipulation. It's gotten to the point where you can't even use a certain killer anymore.

What we need are nuance discussions about developers possibly integrating changes that will please both sides, no amount of shaming will do this

I'd argue it's a problem more vicious than any nerf and wonder if I'm the only one who is bothered by this.

• Kind_Lemon