Thinking about healing perks

Options

I'm always thinking about healing perks because I'm an Iron Will diehard but obviously I want to survive as long as possible. So I have a couple of options. Rely on self-care, which nobody wants to do, rely on the bloodweb to give me medkits, which it never seems to want to do, use Inner Strength, which means I have to spend time looking for totems (or use up another perk slot for detective's hunch), or use Bond, which is a great perk by itself but sometimes you just want to use something other than an aura reading perk. PLUS, sometimes you just can't rely on your team to heal you which is a shame.

So I'm wondering, for those of you who use it, is Pharmacy reliable? I know it can be used to farm medkits, but is that worth the perk slot to you?

Comments

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436
    Options

Bring a med-kit.

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552
    edited October 2020
    Options

I'm literally out of medkits because I've been relying on the web and chests to give me medkits.

• Riku_Odayaka
    Riku_Odayaka Member Posts: 31
    Options

Pharmacy isn't too bad of a perk. If you want to farm MedKits, it's a safe bet you'll get a few if you add on a coin for an offering as well. It opens chests a bit quicker too, so you aren't spending as much time at one.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

The medkits from Pharmacy is one health state no add-ons, so if that's all you need it's alright. Honestly for healing perks I'd say Self Care, it's not as detrimental as some make it out to be, it allows you to heal more than once, and doesn't require the assistance of an unreliable person to heal you.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    edited October 2020
    Options

bring bond to find team mates or play in a 4 stack

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

From my experience run Self-care and botany knowledge. It's much faster and doesn't waste much time. And you get the bonus of healing teammates 33 percent faster which overpowers sloppy.

• Lucas96
    Lucas96 Member Posts: 40
    Options

Self-Care + Botany is better than any other healing perks / items for me. It’s useful for you and your team.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited October 2020
    Options

Maybe a silly question, but how? I'm in a state right now where I don't even need to touch brown items on any characters because they're all so overflowing with items. All I do is wait to prestige people until I use their good stuff. Unless you're really new at the game, where are your bloodpoints going if you're not able to have even brown medkits available?

If I had Quentin unlocked Pharmacy is a perk I'd probably run because I like niche perks, but not because I think it's actually worth the slot.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

You can just switch between Pharmacy and bringing a Medkit. If you don't have some, find them with Pharmacy, if you can bring them out, use it again and take another perk. I also agree that Selfcare is not a bad perk. Just don't heal while others die on hook, don't heal if you could spend the time on a gen you know is safe to work on (when you know where the killer is or when he is in a chase).

Just heal when you know there are only dead zone gens left, or in other situations where you can be pretty sure that you NEED the health state to not grant a free down. For example, don't let people die on hook while selfcaring, but DONT the hell go into the basement injured when you hear the TR. Some things simply don't make sense while being injured. And before you do nothing, selfcare. Simply as that

Said it already in other threads about the perk, the strength of Selfcare is not that you have unlimited heals, nor that you can heal whenever you want. The strength is, that you can heal when you NEED it. If you don't use it a whole trial because teammates were there to jump in, great. Like DS, you don't want to use it, but you can if you need it (ok, I know how many people aggressively use DS, ignore that for my example :P)

Botany does not that much for Selfcare. Don't forget that negative effects are multipliers. Meaning, the bonus is also reduced to 16,5%, boosting Selfcare only to 66,5% speed. So selfcare takes 24 seconds instead of 32. It is a bit, but not THAT much

• Lucas96
    Options

I personally notice a big difference when I run Botany Knowledge with Self-Care and it’s the only combo I’ll use. I will never use Self-Care by itself. Even when the killer has Sloppy Butcher, healing myself feels faster than letting another survivor do it. I love it.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565
    Options

Self caring with out a med kit will always be slower then someone else healing you and then being able to hit skill checks.

Now my favorite thing to do with pharmacy is run it with plunderers and ace in the hole. As a survivor I don't rely on perks that much and with this build im gurrented a medkit with decent add on. Also since chests get opened in like 3 seconds, when im near another chest I just open it as well. Could get a spicy item like a key or purple medkit.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited October 2020
    Options

It feels like, maybe.

• Team heal is 16s
    • Team heal vs Sloppy is 20s
    • Selfcare with Botany is 24s
    • Selfcare solo is 32s
    • Selfcare, Botany, Sloppy is 30s
    • Selfcare, Sloppy is 40s
  • MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545
    Options

You can check out this build:

Self Care, Botany Knowledge, Desperate Measures and a 4th perk of your choice.

It's basically a free permament med kit if you are healing yourself, not to mention you will also heal others much quicker.

If you don't want to spend 3 perk slots, though, then I would use Inner Strength, or you could simply use up your medkits in your inventory

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 872
    Options

Botany and desperate measures is literally insane.. medkit for yourself and super speed hand heals for teammates. I am also a huge supporter of Bond. I’ll vouch for that perk all day.

• Lucas96
    Options

Whenever there’s Sloppy Butcher and I’m using Self-Care with Botany Knowledge, the healing bar always seems to move faster than if I was to let one person heal me. I’m not sure if it’s because they aren’t hitting great skill checks and I am, but I definitely notice a difference. It’s only faster if I let two survivors do the healing.

• ringwinning
    Options

The thing is I've been prestiging every character to Tier 3 so I have various people at Tier 3 but my mains have nothing in their arsenals.

• ringwinning
    Options

Wow, a lot more people vouching for self care than I thought there would be.

Self Care + Botany knowledge or Self Care + Botany + Desperate Measures?

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Ah I gotcha, that makes sense. Might need to switch up your characters for a bit or risk death by no heals! :D

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

self-care + botany + desperate measures,

self care at 73.5%, 80.5%, 87.5% or 94.5% depending on how many teamates are injured

Throw in resilience for up to 99% self care

• ringwinning
    Options

If this is the case then I don't have room for iron will and I'd like it to be in there; which would I take out to put Iron Will in?

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options
  • ringwinning
    Options

Yeah I've been risking death by no heals; I tried bond for a while but teammates just... don't want to heal me ugh 8(

• Mooshroome64
    Mooshroome64 Member Posts: 105
    Options

I agree with desperate measures and botany combo, or alternatively bring inner strength

If you do want to rely on others for healing then I would suggest Leader, it is very versatile and I have found it pretty useful recently.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

Try it out a few times and see what you get from it. Just because someone may not see the point doesn't mean it's going to be the same for you. It's how your playstyle incorporates the perk that's important.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options
    • Self-care is bad by itself.
    • Self-care + botany is a good combo. Heal yourself whenever you want + botany really eats into a killers pressure you will find and you can pull off last second heals you would never get away with otherwise
    • Bond is good if you want to keep Iron will. Find people to heal you but also gives you great map awareness. When the killer is being led towards you, when you’re leading the killer to others, where other survivors are that may need healing, which gens are being worked on etc etc
    • Inner strength is what I use. You’ll find a totem or two easy enough without looking. Between that and other survivors it gets me through most games well enough.
    • Pharmacy - Used to be good with botany because you would get at least 2 heals which was enough. Now after the nerf I honestly wouldn’t bother. Might as well just take inner strength. Its basically the same thing. Spend a little bit of time looking for thing and cleansing/opening thing to get a fast heal later. Except Inner strength also works towards eliminating NOED and it cant be countered by franklins.
  • BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

inner strength is best and it takes at most 15 seconds to find a totem

they are spawned in obvious places

• Lucas96
    Options

I’m actually using that build on Felix. Just minus the Resilience, as I’m currently using Spine Chill with it. I didn’t mention those perk combinations as I find Self-Care + Botany Knowledge to be the perks that I get the most use out of, as Desperate Measures has more conditions to be met for me to get the healing boost.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

Its going to sound weird, but ever since I got better at looping and playing injured, I've been running resilience a lot more instead of any type of healing perk.

The bonus isn't a whole lot by itself, but it can make enough of a difference over the course of the game, certainly more than running to someone to get healed, waiting to finish healing, then going to a gen to work on it. Plus when paired with spine chill I can get a head start in chases, while also improving the vault speed that tiny bit more. I used to think the perk was practically useless, but now I find myself using it a lot with most builds, especially SC/DH/IW