Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Is Matchmaking still broken?

Hi all,

I'm a level 11 killer, would probably describe myself as an aggressively average Legion main. When the matchmaking works properly, I'd say that I can reliably get 2-3 kills per game, which I'm pretty happy with.

For the last couple of nights though, I think I've had about 8 games in a row, where I was matched with at least 2 red ranks in my game. I can manage to get a few hooks, but generally I don't have much of a chance against these survivors.

Do I just need to "git good"? I realize that I'd play these players eventually as you got up the ranks, but right now they are just kicking my ass. It's making the game more stressful than enjoyable. I should say there is no toxicity in these games, they just fly through gens fast, and seem to mostly beat me in chases.

Answers

• alex9er
    alex9er Member Posts: 96

Well,by playing high with high rank survivors you will learn the game faster and more mechanics but at the same time this shouldn't happen 2 times in a row

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

During night and early morning matchmaking is still kinda bad yes. During the daytime it gets normal again.

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

When i was Rank 11 this happened to me too also made a post about it.

And now I'm Rank 1 as Killer and have my Legion on P3 and playing against Red Ranks really helped me. It was frustrating at first but a couple of weeks later i hit Rank 1 and now I 3 - 4k most matches.

The matchmaking in green and purple ranks is pretty tough but will be a meaningful experience.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

Oh, sweet summer child, I am Rank 19 for Killer and I was paired with red and purple ranks last night. Needless to say they bullied the hell out of me through the entire match.

Matchmaking is a joke sometimes.