What's your "Can't Live Without It" Perk?

As killer or survivor, what's the one thing that's always in your arsenal? Mine is... obvious. But I'm sure there are others out there.

Comments

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Kindred and Save the Best for Last. My two favourite perks.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Spine Chill. I’m terrible at looping even though I’ve been playing for a year and know what needs to be done while doing it, I just physically can’t do it due to limitations that I have.

Urban Evasion. Yes, I’m bad.

• Smiler
    Smiler Member Posts: 165

Stake out because I sneak a lot as survivor and Bloodhound so the scratchmarks can't ######### me up.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

Survivor: Adrenaline

killer: nurses (not as useful in the no-heal meta, but I’ve always liked it)

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited October 2020

I never take Iron Will off my roster. It just makes the game more fun as it opens up more possibilities for jukes that wouldn't be possible otherwise. Mind games are what makes the game fun to me.

Unfortunately for killer you just always have to take one of the 3 slow down perks (pop, surge, ruin). I say unfortunately because you are running one of them because you're basically forced to if you want a chance at winning against good survivors, not because you actually want to run them. Unlike my survivor choice where it's basically for fun, not necessity. You feel forced into more of your perks as killer.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Whispers and BT.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Spine Chill or Self-Care.

Good detection to supplement my own eyes and ears, even if one of my brothers always says "JuSt UsE yOuR eYeS!" Yes. I'll do that on an INDOOR MAP AGAINST A STEALTH KILLER, GENIUS! And people are unreliable as a whole, med-kits have limited charges and Inner Strength relies on me finding totems. Think of Self-Care as a perk to say "Fine. I'll do it myself."

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360

Kindred, I run it on all my survivors.

BBQ, I run it on all my killers.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

Surge. Its gotten to the point where I just ignore generators all together and just assume Surge will take care of them for me.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

Killer: BBQ because the grind is real and the added bonus of I know where to go so I'm not camping the hook.

Survivor: Lithe because running with an exhaustion perk makes things easier for me and I prefer to run tile to tile in chases instead of looping the same one for eternity.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Empathy

Spies from the Shadows

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Spine Chill and Whispers. They're such pleasant little QoL boosts that I tend to splash them into pretty much everything.

Though I've been trying to move away from relying on either of them a whole lot in an effort to spice up my trial-to-trial gameplay with some new perks/builds.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822

Dead Hard & Discordance

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Spine Chill and Empathy for survivor, Nurse's Calling and BBQ for killer.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don’t play survivor but for killer I think my most used perk is Pop Goes the Weasel maybe? Hard to say, all my killers have different perk loadouts from different bloodwebs. Pop is a good all around perk though that can work on basically any killer without needing any particular other perk to go with it.

• Valiant_Majesty
    Valiant_Majesty Member Posts: 39

As of recently, Fixated. The walking speed is just too good, in my opinion. I prefer ot over Exhaustion perks. If it didn't only work while uninjured, it'd be even better.

When I play Killer, I never want to stop using Dark Devotion. It's my guilty pleasure perk, because I've had some hilarious moments with it. 😁

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Bloodhound is definitely underrated. It completely counters sneaky survivors with iron will.

Personally I've always liked Small Game. Knowing where totems are always located is a huge advantage, especially now that Ruin+Undying are now considered meta.

For Killers I usually hate using totems since it's so high risk, high reward. But it's hard to deny how valuable Whispers and BBQ can be. Personally I love Enduring. With that perk I no longer have to be afraid of respecting pallets.

• Go_Go_Roboto
    Go_Go_Roboto Member Posts: 330

I've been using ALL of Steve's perks recently for some reason.

It's not a good idea but I stick with it cause when it's worth it and works great I pretend I'm a perk master.

• Teethgrinder83
    Teethgrinder83 Member Posts: 99

Whispers-I really need to get a decent set of headphones so I can open a perk slot 😂

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

BBQ and WGLF because bloodpoints

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Blood Pact. Haven't been without it since the day the Silent Hill Chapter released. It's the most consistent Obsession Perk. And you have to run an Obsession Perk in case no one brings Decisive.

• MJ_Out
    MJ_Out Member Posts: 184

We'll make it. I don't have the time to heal the surv for an eternity after the unhook, so I need this perk.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Wake Up! as Survivor.

Especially if Hatch gets closed or I'm looping after the last generator; Wake Up! can be a life saver.

-

I don't really have one as Killer.

Whispers is SO good and has helped me so much almost every time I use it that I feel obligated to mention it. But I also play plenty of games without it and don't usually feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Spine chill, since I play survivor with music on, and it helps with detecting killers and vault build.

Tinkerer for killer, since it's the best gen pressure perk in the game.

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

Survivor: We'll Make It/Botany Knowledge, to help hooked mates get back in the game as quickly as possible

Killer: Infectious Fright, because I am ######### at finding survivors

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Survivor- FlipFlop. It's not a great perk, but I love it so much.

Killer- I'm All Ears. Love this perk to death.

• HEX_MalusGrey
    HEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231
    edited October 2020

Killer: Tinkerer. Most valuable info perk in the game. Both to protect gens and to find survivors.

Survivor: Speed burst. It is very helpful if you don't want to be chases right now or quickly leave an area to get to the strongest loop you can find.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

Kindred and Spine Chill. I always SoloQ so I like to have that information.

For killer there's no single perk that works on everyone because their powers are so different, but I try to always bring at least one gen slowdown perk, usually Ruin or Pop.

• Lofepramine
    Lofepramine Member Posts: 174

Spine Chill & BBQ/ Nurse's on some killers (Huntress, Hag, Nurse)

• NoelleMina
    NoelleMina Member Posts: 638

Iron Will and Bond. Works for me in Solo and in Swf.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

BBQ. I refuse to work for half wages.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

For survivor I have a build I absolutely love running, cause it's a fun one: Boil Over + Flip Flop + Unbreakable + Tenacity. It's definitely not like other top notch builds and doesn't always work, but it's becoming my main perk build for survivor.

On Killer my must perk is Bloodhound due to my limited attention span, I might lose track of people, cause I get distracted by one thing happening to me.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

For survivor probably sprint burst or borrowed time

Killer is actually one of two perk combos depending on mobility of said killer. Either Corrupt+Pop or Ruin+Undying

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

DS for survivor

BBQ for killer

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Kindred. Honestly, it's almost broken how strong that perk is. If SWF Comms were magically disabled, Kindred would be on the chopping block.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

It used to be Spine Chill for a while. I actually felt so naked and vulnerable when I played a survivor that didn’t have it. And it somehow took away from that ‚excitement‘ especially with stealth killers. Now I am not using it anymore..

i almost always slap on We‘ll Make It, but I can do without it, just nice to have for me

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

We are gonna live forever

BBQ

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

survivor: Object of obsession

iron will on any female survivor

corrupt or ruin on killer

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

For Killer it's BBQ for Survivor it's Aftercare

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

Ds, dead hard and spin chill

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

i switched out Kindred for Detective's Hunch, my new to-go perk. No more Ruin, no more NOED!

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236

Spies from the shadows as killer

Deja vu as survivor

• DickWarlock
    DickWarlock Member Posts: 10

Head On, I know it’s possibly the worst exhaustion perk but it just feels so good to use.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

survivor: iron will

killer: bbq and enduring are tied

• PsycologicalTrick
    PsycologicalTrick Member Posts: 79

Spine chill, BBQ, bamboozle.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Ruin. sloppy...enduring i am Very guilty of running this on alot of killers except a few that don't benefit from Enduring.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Ruin. sloppy...enduring i am Very guilty of running this on alot of killers except a few that don't benefit from Enduring.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Spine Chill. There are too many stealth killers and killers with 16-24m TR that use Monitor & Abuse. Plus, when I use it against normal killers I can tell if the killer is actually headed toward me when I hear their TR.