Want to make a bet that the Spirit's perks will get nerfed?

I'm thinking that Survivor babies are going to cry en masse the loudest about Rancor or Spirit Fury on chainsaw killers.

Comments

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    You know what I'm going to take this bet that it won't get nerfed. To be honest they didn't change the Clown. Even though survivors cried a little they didn't change the Clown
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited September 2018
    You know what I'm going to take this bet that it won't get nerfed. To be honest they didn't change the Clown. Even though survivors cried a little they didn't change the Clown
    Don't forget what they did to Freddy
    Yeah bit that was last year and they buffed Clown despite survivor complains and didnt look back.

They get my benefit of the doubt for now.
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Hellbilly said:

I'm thinking that Survivor babies are going to cry en masse the loudest about Rancor or Spirit Fury on chainsaw killers.

I plays survivor and I wouldn’t want it to get nerf. It makes the game more challenging and fun. The whole entire time wondering if the killer has rancor or not. 

Don't forget what they did to Freddy
    And they regret it. 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Hellbilly said:

I doubt it. But you seem pretty whiny yourself.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @cetruzzo said:
    Vietfox said:
    It worked with DS and baby killers crying about it since it's gonna be nerfed in midchapter patch, so yeah, you could be right.
    lol someone is mad
    Not at all, just pointing it out. XD
    It's a fair analogy.
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

The only one I can see survivors complaining about is Hex:Haunting Ground.

The rest are fine.

• Jack11803

@Mc_Harty said:

The rest are fine.

Forums are already haunted ground with these oh so oppressed killer mains. They were slain before the survivors even drew their sword!

• Mc_Harty

@Jack11803 said:
    Forums are already haunted ground with these oh so oppressed killer mains. They were slain before the survivors even drew their sword!

Ey my boi.

I missed you fam.

• Jack11803

@Mc_Harty said:

@Jack11803 said:

Ey my boi.

I missed you fam.

Long time no see. I was busy hiding in a locker. Quite cramped in there y’know? But now I’m coming out of the closet!

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited September 2018

the new Survivors perks are in need of buffs, mainly Diversion. it should have multiple charges

the new killer perks, Spirit Fury can be countered and rendered useless if you drop it and not try to stun the killer

Rancor is a hit or miss 50%, with the survivors aura at end how will u know which is the Obsession? you won't be able to tell. especially with just 3 seconds

the hex perk is okayish, however once someone is dead and a ruin has been taken out they won't touch the other hex and tell their mates in voice comm, and the second totem doesn't count so it's not overpowered

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mc_Harty said:

The rest are fine.

When's the last time Survivors did not complain about a new Killer and perks?

Right now. No one is screaming yet that the new stuff is OP, and posts like this shouldn’t exist yet either.

Wait for the Killer's release, then we'll talk. Killers being in the PTB prior to release is a relatively new thing.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

The devs are aware of Survivors lobbying against changes, especially regarding upcoming Freddy buffs, for which they suddenly claim that he's actually a strong Killer and doesn't need any. The learnt from past experiences.

• Mc_Harty
    edited September 2018

@DocOctober said:
    The devs are aware of Survivors lobbying against changes, especially regarding upcoming Freddy buffs, for which they suddenly claim that he's actually a strong Killer and doesn't need any. The learnt from past experiences.

When did they ever state that?

• Jack11803

@Mc_Harty said:

@DocOctober said:

When did they ever stat that?

Dev stream they refused to nerf BBQ ever. Early 100’s. Like 100-108-ish

• Mc_Harty

@Jack11803 said:

But he's talking about survivors rallying against Freddy buffs/reworks.

I've never seen a collective mob of survivors say that Freddy is fine or that he doesn't need adjusting.

• Orion

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mc_Harty said:

The rest are fine.

When's the last time Survivors did not complain about a new Killer and perks?

Right now. No one is screaming yet that the new stuff is OP, and posts like this shouldn’t exist yet either.

Wait for the Killer's release, then we'll talk. Killers being in the PTB prior to release is a relatively new thing.

Completly ignoring this post being released way to early though, as it’s killer aided right? Bitching one way is ok but not the other?

No, because I was referring specifically to Survivors complaining about the new Killer and perks. Few people played the PTB. I couldn't even get a KYF lobby despite making threads on the forum, indicating that few people who come to the forum were participating in the PTB.

• Mc_Harty
    edited September 2018

@DocOctober said:
    Not necessarily a collective mob, but several Survivor mains on these forums. Soon after McLean announced Freddy being the next Killer on the buff list, several threads lobbying against any buffs starting popping up.

You're gonna have to link me a couple of them then.

I need something to laugh at.

• DocOctober

@Mc_Harty said:

@DocOctober said:
    Not necessarily a collective mob, but several Survivor mains on these forums. Soon after McLean announced Freddy being the next Killer on the buff list, several threads lobbying against any buffs starting popping up.

You're gonna have to link me a couple of them then.

I need something to laugh at.

Or you can use the search function ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Mc_Harty

@DocOctober said:
    Or you can use the search function ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Fair enough lol.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Someissues said:
    the new Survivors perks are in need of buffs, mainly Diversion. it should have multiple charges

the new killer perks, Spirit Fury can be countered and rendered useless if you drop it and not try to stun the killer

Rancor is a hit or miss 50%, with the survivors aura at end how will u know which is the Obsession? you won't be able to tell. especially with just 3 seconds

the hex perk is okayish, however once someone is dead and a ruin has been taken out they won't touch the other hex and tell their mates in voice comm, and the second totem doesn't count so it's not overpowered

Yeah no one ever leaves any totems around if they're smart because we all want to have the killer get us with NOED.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Vietfox said:
    It worked with DS and baby killers crying about it since it's gonna be nerfed in midchapter patch, so yeah, you could be right.
    DS needed a nerf. Think of it this way, what if killers had a perk where if they hit a skillcheck, they get a free hook. Just teleport a random survivor to a hook. And imagine if he could do it 4 times.
  • Vietfox
    edited September 2018
    Vietfox said:
    DS needed a nerf. Think of it this way, what if killers had a perk where if they hit a skillcheck, they get a free hook. Just teleport a random survivor to a hook. And imagine if he could do it 4 times.
    DS doesnt guarantee a safe escape while your perk idea DOES guarantee the hook. Also, it's not like all 4 survivors run DS in every match.
    Bad comparison mate.
    PS: @me when replying. Replies from cellphones don't send the notifications by default.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    DS doesnt guarantee a safe escape while your perk idea DOES guarantee the hook. Also, it's not like all 4 survivors run DS in every match.
    Bad comparison mate.
    PS: @me when replying. Replies from cellphones don't send the notifications by default.
    Imagine survivors could be downed by pressing a button. Killer chases you, misses that hit and presses E so you still get downed, even if you are out of his range.
    Does that sound fair?
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I think the perks will be fine.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@powerbats said:
    Ok but how is this any different than the small vocal minority of killer mains that whines about anything that's not a nerf to survivors? The only thing I worry about with the Freddy buffs is how even more op he'll be in the hands of really skilled players.

He's not OP, but okay. People claimed the same thing about Hag: "She's already top tier, she will be even more OP on god Hag".

Spoiler: she is not. She is more versatile, more rewarding. But in the end it's not like by miracle we all became 5 blinks Nurse. It raised the skill ceil and made survivors more tactical when it comes to play against the Hag.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    Bad comparison mate.
    Imagine survivors could be downed by pressing a button. Killer chases you, misses that hit and presses E so you still get downed, even if you are out of his range.
    Does that sound fair?
    This is exactly what I meant by my comment.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    Bad comparison mate.
    Does that sound fair?
    This is exactly what I meant by my comment.
    I know, I got your back ;)
  • powerbats

@Soren said:

He's not OP, but okay. People claimed the same thing about Hag: "She's already top tier, she will be even more OP on god Hag".

Spoiler: she is not. She is more versatile, more rewarding. But in the end it's not like by miracle we all became 5 blinks Nurse. It raised the skill ceil and made survivors more tactical when it comes to play against the Hag.

You've never played against really skilled Freddy's and hag's have you? I always played more tactical agains't Hag even before her rework.

• DocOctober
    powerbats said:

@Soren said:

You've never played against really skilled Freddy's and hag's have you? I always played more tactical agains't Hag even before her rework.

Doesn't change that he has the most game mechanics working against him. There will always be people who are good with an underdog Killer.
  • Vietfox
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    Bad comparison mate.
    Does that sound fair?
    @Tsulan
    Killers downing me out of their range happens a lot already xD.
    There's still a difference: after a succesful DS survivors can be downed again, it's not a safe escape and happens quite often. That down by pressing E will turn into a succesful or secured hook.
  • Orion

@Vietfox said:
    There's still a difference: after a succesful DS survivors can be downed again, it's not a safe escape and happens quite often. That down by pressing E will turn into a succesful or secured hook.

What if it was just dropping them one health state? Would that be fair? You can still lose the Killer.

• Vietfox
    Orion said:

@Vietfox said:

What if it was just dropping them one health state? Would that be fair? You can still lose the Killer.

Only when healthy then? I could live with that.
  • Orion

@Vietfox said:
    Only when healthy then? I could live with that.

And only once per Survivor (after all, there can be up to 4 DS).

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Jack11803 said:

@Mc_Harty said:

@DocOctober said:

When did they ever stat that?

They also refused to nerf move adjust or remove swf. So whats your point. They did however nerf billies instasaw and huntresses machine gun build. They did however buff sloppy butcher so their is a lot of back and forth with changes. The killers perks being nerfed is still legitimate worry as many killers before clown they had released sub par killers with very limited options ie freddy pig leatherface doctor.  Holy crap i just realised nearly all their recent killers except clown are bottom tier. Ya I would worry more about the killer. 
  • Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@powerbats said:

@Soren said:

I think I know one thing or two about playing the Hag...........

Regarding Freddy, my point remains the same: he doesn't reward you for the skills you put into him. Unless you believe Leatherface without his chainsaw is OP. Freddy has potential, but currently, his power hinders you more than anything.

• powerbats

@Soren said:

@powerbats said:

@Soren said:

I think I know one thing or two about playing the Hag...........

Regarding Freddy, my point remains the same: he doesn't reward you for the skills you put into him. Unless you believe Leatherface without his chainsaw is OP. Freddy has potential, but currently, his power hinders you more than anything.

Look at @DocOctober response, he's underpowered yes but in the hands of someone who knows how to play him he's a beast. The same is true for Bubba, Hag is really good now but even before her rework the masters were destructive with her.

There's people both on the forum and streamers who're rank 1 Freddy's and who get 3-4k every game. some went to rank 1 perkless while others didn't, but they all used him to his fullest potential. They didn't play him like everyone wants to play him is the difference.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Survivors cried a LOT about B&C: Didn't get nerfed.
    I'm not betting anything, these devs are weird.

• Freddykreuger
    Freddykreuger Member Posts: 23

@Countfunkular said:

And yet they succumbed to the freddy haters