Honestly, Ruin Undying needs a nerf

13»

Comments

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

"It would start a little weak" while now it starts off strong by default. And it's not a nerf? Ok lmao

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

Would devour hope starting with 2 tokens but never grant the exposed status be a nerf? You tell me.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 918

Real pain is Devour, Undying, Haunted Grounds, and Thrill.

With this build ALL totems are lit meaning all totems notify the killer via thrill when touched (preventing people from doing dull totems "stealthily" to reduce the cleansing speed penalty thrill gives for each totem still on the map.) and you can run it on Billy or something with the intent to reach 5 devour hope stacks hopefully before the totems get popped or the match ends.

You still give up all stall, tracking, and chase perks just for an entire build revolving around keeping your Devour Hope alive, so I think it's still balanced. (Same can be said about something like NOED + Remember Me + Blood Warden + Rancor or something. You're literally at 0 perks (besides the survivor location reveal via Rancor with each gen pop) until the gates are powered.

• Suiv
    Suiv Member Posts: 35

So would you rather everyone 4man slug at 5 gens? If survivors keep pushing towards nerfing gen defense that's what is going to happen. Ruin was a never a problem until undying came out because it always got destroyed in like 5secs. Now that you can't do that you complain how does that logic makes sense? Without gen defense you force the killer to either slug or lose the game. So which you want be slugged the whole game because killer has no gen defense or deal with ruin undying by staying on gens and or taking out totems?

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Again, genrush isn't a thing. This combo is most certainly fine, but genrush doesn't exist, and hasn't for years.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

It would be a nerf ;)

Because 2 tokens are useless. Exposed, Mori and the panic they create are the only valuable things about this perk. And it already has token system to it, so lowering their number at the expense of Exposed status effect can never be considered a buff or an "equal" change.

Going back to Ruin - it doesn't give as OP effect as DH does (and tokens on TS are purely notional, just so you know how many you have hit, effect doesn't change with the growth of tokens like in DH or HL). New Ruin basically only gives you an opportunity to not kick generators in order for them to regress. Survivors still can rush 5 gens with Ruin up. I did it to killers and survivors did it to me, so I know that it's possible. But yeah, sure, why not, let's weaken killers' perks for gen-defense, without weakening survivors' ability to rush those gens. Seems fair and fun!

• Ehhh only issue I see with the totem build is your not really using undying as much as you could be, since all spots are taken half of undying doesn't take effect.

Im wondering tho, does undying and haunted work??

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

Killers aren't allowed to have useful and creative builds, anytime they create something new after something gets radically changed or nerfed, they either shamed for using them or people will clamor to have it removed. All of this to play through the ######### design of this game. Either you play the way I want to or you're a brain dead loser.

Behavior's going to get on that AI bot killer when?

• Desirnee
    Desirnee Member Posts: 2

And this right here takes the cake. As surv I hardly run meta builds, I personally don't need them to have fun or win (who would've thought?). So, I try to run detectives hunch when I can. Even though I don't run into undying/ruin very often, I like changing up my objectives because otherwise I'll just get bored of surv.

I will say that the combo is very powerful against solo queues, but they've been frustratingly bad to begin with. Undying/Ruin can be removed from the game, but expecting solo survs to balance doing gens and totem hunting is tough. Most of my solo games have issues with altruistic survivors never focusing on objectives, wasted pallets and short chases anyways. So nothing of value was gained or lost.

I'm still expecting a nerf though. Oh well.

• Desirnee
    Desirnee Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2020

Remove your comments about a perk combo, and replace them with DS. Then, mention a 60s immunity and you've created the exact same arguement against a perk with unreasonable and unintuitive counters.

Cheers!

Edit: "Insert obligatory DS nerf here" for self awareness points

Post edited by Desirnee on
  • LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66

Just cleanse the totems, it ain't hard.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

I don't think it needs a strict hard nerf per se. Only two QoL "nerfs": 1) When a totem is cleansed and respawns, all survivors should be notified and gain the curse status effect. 2) The aura reading starts when a survivor starts to cleanse a totem, not when they just walk near one.

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249

The combo is fine. Most of the Survivor meta is skillless trash, yet it only ever seems to get nerfed once it's being abused to nearly a ritual basis.

Looping is only strong 90% of the time because in of infinite jungle gyms or a window that shouldn't be in the killer shack without a breakable wall. It's literally bad map design.

Sneaking with things like UE have had no real active counter without a survivor making a poor mistake or luck, so the aura reading from Undying is absolutely necessary to protect totems, and not waste time relying on whispers to hopefully figure out the general location of a survivor.

Understand that survivor perks are powerful individually. For killer perks to equal most survivors perks run in the meta builds, most have to be paired, meaning two must be used to equal one of yours, and the maps are nearly always in survivors favor; especially the large maps.

It's a four vs one game with no external come lockout. This means even a remotely coordinated team can overcome most killers. This should mean the Killer is overpowered by default, but instead, killers are given ways to play mind games, rattle survivors, or otherwise pop the proverbial survivor balloon, only to have most of the survivors that don't want to have to figure out how to go against the killer and outsmart them wine and cry until the dev's nerf them, which usually results in the survivors complaining that the game is now boring.

The whole point of this is that the survivor is supposed to figure out waste out smart the killer and not die when you nerf all of the killer's ability to screw with the survivors or otherwise outsmart the survivors into the ground so that they're too easy to go up against it means survivors aren't having fun and the killers are having to try too hard, resulting in some of these toxic behaviors that you hate to see like slugging tunneling and camping.

You can't have it both ways.

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

You must be brain dead to have not seen the analogy. Starting weak with strength to follow =/= nerf

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 597
    edited October 2020

Yes! killers need perks with combos for win.

Undying need a nerf or remove it the Game..

I wanna ignore a secondary objective and concentrate to keep m1 whole game, I don't want to use detectives hunch, these slots are reserved for my DS and Unbreakable

oh wait!