Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Corrupt, Ruin, Or Pop?

All three are really popular as slowdown perks, and I was wondering which of them you guys like to use the most.

Corrupt, Ruin, Or Pop? 10 votes

Corrupt
30%
MandyEntitledMyersMainMyAsylum 3 votes
Ruin
30%
HoodiedLx_malicePigMainClaudette 3 votes
Pop
40%
dugmanYordsLargeDeeGhostyyBoi 4 votes

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018
    Ruin

Each of these perks hold its own cons and pros, I just find Ruin's pros to be higher

Corrupts pros: Prevents immediate start to generators, helps trap killers set up, helps start the game for killers

Cons: Generators can still be completed, as soon as the timer runs out its a disabled perk, low synergy with perks

Ruin Pros: High synergy with perks, killers with high map pressure (I.E Nurse, Oni, Billy, Blight) have big gains from it, reduces the time that you spend by destroying a gen, regresses generators on its own

Cons: Killers with low map pressure don't benefit much (I.E Trapper), Pop does not work with it, Hex perk, only works on generators

Pop pros: Heavy regression to a generator in 1 kick

Cons: Requires a hook, countered by the survivor perk "Repressed Alliance", requires gens to me remaining, requires high speed killers to benefit the most from it (Break 'n chase) while using a killer like Trapper, you have to break the gen and re-catch up to the survivor or leave that survivor, does not have much synergy

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Ruin

Literally depends on the killer in question and other perks.

I like Ruin as it is instant regression and faster than kicking. Bu the time Ruin is cleansed, I've hopefully applied enough pressure that kicking a generator late game isn't a huge issue. It also helps that I've been running Surveillance since before the Ruin rework.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Pop

In the current meta of survivors intentionally cleansing totems quickly I prefer Pop to Ruin. The Undying plus Ruin combo is obviously a good way to extend Ruin’s life span but that’s also two perk slots to get essentially a slightly longer lasting Ruin perk. Pop isn’t quite as good as Ruin when Ruin stays up a long time but it’s still a good perk for slowdown. (And it can synergize with a couple of other perks that trigger on kicking gens which is fun.)