Is there a problem with exhaustion add ons for killers?

Options

As the title says, this is concerning the exhaustion add ons for certain killers that have it. Now this is not a rant, but I was in a game recently when playing clown. For my add ons I ran cooldown time after throwing the bottles to recover faster along with the jug that gives the exhaustion effect for 30 seconds.

After the game I gave a good old "gg", only to get a insult afterwards. Some of the words they used were very inappropriate so I am not planning to post a screenshot nor go into detail about it. I simply told them that its inside the game and I am free to use what I want and of course the same applies goes for them.

Is there something I am not understanding?

Is running exhaustion add ons really that concerning or something to debate over?

Comments

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

One of the reason's why I love Clown's Solvent Jug is because a lot of survivor's are nothing without their exhaustion perks! Imo I don't think exhaustion add-ons are a problem due to the fact that survivor's don't recover from exhaustion while running. But than again I don't run exhaustions perks when I play survivor due to how dependable and crutch they feel!

• Psychobeastz
    Psychobeastz Member Posts: 164
    Options

Now it being a crutch is something I cannot disagree with, but its the same that applies to those people as well. Now I am not trying to say I am correct and prove I know better. Rather that there is no problem using something that is in a game. However I do feel stupid if the survivors don't have exhaustion well then RIP for me lol.

• Masterninja
    Masterninja Member Posts: 404
    Options

You need to know one thing very important, Psychobeastz.

When the game was released, at the beggining and until some years, the survivors had the ability to recover from the exhausted status effect (while running, at half speed). The exhausted add-ons of the clown and the Huntress in that period were totally fair and logic.

The recovery was changed in a patch for balance.

But now those add-ons are unfair and very strong, that is the problem right now. The devs need to reworked them and make his duration much shorter. (Clown = from 30 to 10 seconds and Huntress = from 60 to 20 and 30 to 10 seconds)

• Psychobeastz
    Options

I would not mind if they nerfed it to that extent. Its still usable regardless in that scenario.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

You used an addon in anticipation of their usage of certain perks to counter those perks, instead of focusing on other possible benefits of other addons. Your anticipation was correct and were able to mitigate or negate their usage of those perks.

They were salty they couldnt use their perks. Thats literally the reason they insulted you.

The devs considered the addons passable when they reworked exhaustion, its still valid now.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Yes, Survivors are too reliant on their Exhaustion perks and start crying when they can't fall back on them whenever they make a mistake. Doctor's already lost his (pretty much the only negative thing about his rework). He needs his back and we don't need the other Killers to suffer the same fate. If Survivors can't play without their precious speed boost, then too bad.

• Psychobeastz
    Options

I tried to reason with them and be civil, but eh not everyone can be open minded and calm.

• Psychobeastz
    Options

Idk why took away doc's exhaustion with his iri I think it was. Honestly it ahould have stayed just cause snapping out puts them to tier 1 and no longer tier 2 so that is already a negative on him.

• Psychobeastz
    Options

Yeah I mean they can bring in all the second chance perks and whatever else (except keys cause you know why). The same applies to me regardless of how crutch it is. Now that infinite legion or forever builds I am never gling to do that. Just plain boring and I don't have the luxury to do that.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

I think they're obsolete and need to be removed/reworked. These addons were of a time in which exhaustion recovery happened at any time. Now if you're in a chase you won't recover from it, and it's quite unfair to negate a whole perk slot.

• beached
    beached Member Posts: 303
    Options

As somebody who is a self-described survivor main even I realize that counters to perks is how the game functions. Survivors can take out hex totems extremely quickly especially with small game. I believe it is completely fair if killers have perks that can counter some survivor perks. If you're a good looper with a half-decent team that will save you when you're down or take a protection hit when you need it it's fair. I understand why survivors hate not being able to use their perks but the same can be said with hex totems. This game is just a system of checks and balances on perks between killer and survivor. I will say something like hex: undying could have it's place for exhaustion perks such as a way to counteract forced exhaustion, but it would come at the cost of a perk slot.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

I feel like survivors don't like the fact that some killers have proper counter-play to their exhaustion perk and thus harass them for it.

I'd argue we'd need more killers(But still a minority of them) with exhaustion addons not less because it forces survivors to change their gameplay and makes the game less stale.

Its an irony of is situation is that survivor can't seem to see that exhaustion addons do to them what cleasning hex totems does to killers making it "Turnabout is Fair Play" where both sides can disable each other's perks.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,532
    Options

I think generally exhaustion addons are disliked purely because it's an addon that totally nullifies a perk...plus with exhaustion now having a longer recovery (and more terms to that recovery), the addons are stronger than their value, for example a common brown addon which is in the bloodweb so many times. I have no problem with exhaustion addons being on a timer - so for x amount of seconds, rather than the regular exhaustion timer which only starts to reset once you stop running, which in a chase doesn't happen.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I don't think exhaustion add-ons should be such a low rarity. I also would say it shouldn't be on certain killers.

Huntress doesn't need any exhaustion add-ons but I don't mind Clown having one as long as the rarity is increased.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404
    Options

I would still like to see exhaustion add ons as i would think they would be some nice add ons to run sadly we are seeing the death of exhaust addons which is a huge shame would love for killers to have some exhaust add ons for example freddy z block could be where if survivors run over the snares or drop fake pallet have a 6-10 seconds exhaust. Would add some more varity to add ons instead of having a purple add on for hemorrhage.

I think when it comes to exhaust add ons 1st they need to be a high rarity nothing below purple and 2nd they have a short duration max 10 seconds considering how powerful exhaust can be