The current meta discussions have highlighted how childish some people are.

I feel like both sides have been less and less sympathetic towards each other, especially in regards to the meta. It could just be an influx of newer players, but every time I see a discussion about meta perks or game health there's always someone claiming that the OP is just entitled for complaining about legitimate issues.

Let's take the recent release of undying. This singular perk has shifted the killer meta, and while many some people are happy with it, a lot of people feel that it's unbalanced when combined with ruin. Now this sounds like a great opening to discuss current perk balancing for both sides, but unfortunately that's not the case. Most discussions I've seen about this boil down into verbal slap fights between people who are far too close minded to even consider other's opinions.

I know this community isn't known for being very open minded or friendly, but this is the worst I've seen it. I used to come to the forums for interesting discussions, now I just come here for the mild enjoyment of watching people verbally slap each other.

Comments

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I don't really care about what people think is meta. I play and see which perks works and which don't.

But when people call certain things good or bad, that are clearly the opposite i call it out.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I posted a discussion on ruin undying explaining why I think it needs a nerf, the first page was actually civil with only 1 (as far as I can remember) calling me a survivor main while with 1 glance at my post history it proves the opposite. Then it went a downhill from there, but it didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would.

In fact I notice that a lot with balance threads, first pages and second pages are usually pretty nice and civil. After that it usually gets worse.

Back on topic: I agree with what you said. I think Ruin Undying is interesting because it's one of the only things on killer where Ive thought "yea, that needs a nerf". Seeing peoples responses on it is interesting whether I disagree with them or not.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

Im unsure what you're referring to, I've not paid discussions of it much mind as I don't use ruin and undying, and it doesnt seem too bad as survivor atleast imo.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I mean, if you think about it Ruin/Undying is just normal ruin but your team can't find the ruin totem. Just power through it and be aggressive on gens and they're down to 2 perks without touching a single totem.

I think people would benefit from running Repressed Alliance if they need to go for a save or something. It might just be time to adjust the survivor meta.

...you'll never get survivors to work on totems! NEVER! AHAHAHAHAHA