The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Things that make you laugh during the game

SMitchell8
SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

Are there any apsects of the game that you guys, on either side find funny / borderline hillarious?

I still laugh hard when as a survivor, loitering in the exit gates during EGC with other survivors, duly taunting the killer, only to then slightly bodyblock a fellow survivor as they try to escape last second, only to see them grabbed by the entity on the line of escape. Seen it 3 times and it made me chuckle immensely.

Other than that, I still laugh when as a survivor, getting deliberately downed as you fall through the exit barrier. The dive animation looks as if you've been shot clearly makes the a mockery of the killer who can't do anything but stand there and watch as the survivor arcs through the barrier like a lemon.

Survivors that get hooked after being caught in a bear trap, who get saved, only to then run straight into another trap that was defending that gen/hook area is another scenario brings me joy.

See, this game ain't always rage provoking.

Over to you πŸ™‚

Comments

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Jumping in a locker mid-chase, healing with Inner Strength, then proceeding to Head On the killer.

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295
  • whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

A determined Bubba will always make me smile on the inside lol

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

When you get the toxic players rage quit after you play toxic back. Always makes me laugh.

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

A teabagger that goes down in 10 seconds and then rage quits.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

Knocking a key out of someone's hand eith Franklins only to have them instantly DC. Nope! You don't get to keep it.

Standing beneath a 2nd story window as Freddy and faking a teleport to make a survivor jump into my waiting arms (specifically, the arm with all the knife fingers).

Seeing a survivor tbag me at a pallet only to immediately turn and run into a bear trap. This is just basic karma: if you BM a trap killer you are only SECONDS away from walking into one of their traps.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

There are tons!

Personal favorites being Killers whiffing or bumping into obstacles with their chainsaws, the best thing propably being Survivors running while looking to the sky. Idk why but thatΒ΄s just piss my pants funny to me ^^

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545

When the killer and the survivor just stop whatever they were doing and look at each other from a distance and start nodding, best thing in dbd

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

when survivors do dis, but I chill for 60s with Maiden :^)

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    edited October 2020

Uploading an old clip from xbox to the tube so I can share it here one sec....

EDIT:

This

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

I always laugh at myself when I get jumpscared by a survivor rushing around a corner while I am leasurely searching for them.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

Usually getting pallet stunned annoys me. But when I'm playing Wraith and he starts making elephant sounds as he takes a pallet to the face, it always makes me laugh

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

I feel this with all my being. I swear sometimes its more scary playing killer then playing survivor.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

My teammates. 4 years and people still don't know about their objectives.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

When the killer is about to hit me but aim dressing forces them to hit the object besides me/window frame

• HEX_MalusGrey
    HEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231

As Killer: Slipping throu a pallet before the survivor can manage to drop it. Then blocking the pallet. Snuggle time!

You know that one gen-room with the lockers at meat factory where you can drop in from the cealing?

I had a match with Mirror Myers there and all of them started in the room above. I was watching them waiting next to the door, as they slowely crouchwalked towards the hole. I was already laughing so hard because you could read their minds going forth and back. "I KNOW this is a stupid idea!" The first drops down: Then the others dare to follow. SNAP! Door is shut and they ran in cicles xD

I then had to ask them if they had a ticket for this ride. But nope! One after another got a slap and left :D

Another time on elementary scool. You know that wall with the hole+windiw where you can jump down in the middle?

I had one survivor hooked in the middle. I stand there and look up to the hole and see a claudette. I am going forward directly under the window and somehow for whatever reason she didn't saw me and made the jump. I downed her in mid-air before she could touch the ground :D

The best of all: Grabbing a survivor from a pallet because he is trying to dumb-tech me without having me stunned. This is SOOOO enjoyable everytime :D

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I love it when my opponents meme. Whether they make a conga line and walk around the map until I find them, or a Dweet playing peek-a-boo from behind a window.

I really love it when someone edges towards me by repeatedly pressing "W" in response to me doing it first. It just shows we just wanna have fun.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Hmm, funny things...

• When I run Lightborn + Enduring + Brutal + Agitation and get free hits on flashlight players. It's a super gimmicky build but man is it funny when they start panicking because I just busted through the pallet or I'm running straight at them and their flashlight isn't working. (And seeing their aura for 10 seconds is just icing on the cake, it makes it that much harder for them to juke or mindgame me.)
    • Running Vanity Mirror Meyers (the add-on that you can't go past Evil 2 and move 108% but you get a big point bonus and can see auras by stalking) and survivors are trying to hide from you. People sometimes expect Scratch Mirror Meyers, they never expect you to be running Vanity Mirror though. πŸ˜„
    • Picturing Blight just constantly ramming headfirst into walls cracks me up. He's fun but what a goofball!
    • Hitting a survivor by smashing straight through a pallet while using Billy's Lo-Pro Chains. A surprising number of survivors will drop the pallet and just stand there waiting to see you destroy it and then you just saw right through.
    • I haven't tried it yet but I want to give the Hag build with invisible traps that are solid. You can't teleport with that build but you can completely block narrow gaps at pallet drops and windows, etc. And the thought of the survivor being totally confused because they're walking into an invisible barrier just seems pretty funny!
    • Grabbing anybody off a gen, I just picture the expression on their face because you know they were concentrating SO hard on doing the gen they just never saw you walk up to them. πŸ˜„
    • Ghost Face's mori ✌πŸ”ͺπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜±πŸ“Έ
  • Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    edited October 2020

It gets me everytime when during a chase a Survivor turns into a dead end alley when escaping, only to realize the ######### up and trying to quickly leave. Same as when they run against objects or walls when not looking ahead of them.

Don't know why, probably because i can relate since it happens to the best of us sooner or later. πŸ˜‚

P.S: Bonus laugh if they do it twice in a single chase. 🀣