Remove DC Penalty

Options
2»

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Never mind. There's no point. You are never going to care because it doesn't affect you. Well done, congratulations. You actually think that people don't suicide on hook.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited October 2020
    Options

good job refuting me bud, enjoy your timeout timer.

also as said it reduces the rate of leaving the match in any forum so it works and its better than a straight up dc.

• Menexia
    Menexia Member Posts: 4
    Options

How is suicide on first hook better than a DC? Except the survivor isn't really penalized because they don't lose points.

• Ethofrasty
    Ethofrasty Member Posts: 18
    Options

I do and don't agree with this, if your game crashes too bad and I think it should be a lowered penalty.

Either than that DC penalty should stay forever and your device that it plays on isn't strong enough, sorry not sorry but I'm a killer main.

• AChaoticKiller
    edited October 2020
    Options

let me explain, it wastes the killers time and they can still be saved or even get lucky and unhook themselves. Also a lot of dc'ing happens "in the moment" so if a survivor can't dc without getting a timeout but they would have in that moment then there's a good chance they won't suicide after getting hooked since they had a chance to calm down. Also if a survivor is mad enough to rage quit then in the next match if they encounter something that pisses them off they are likely to dc again. the timeout serves as a way to discourage dc'ing and making players clam down so they don't have rage moments back to back.

• Paradoxadon
    Paradoxadon Member Posts: 5
    Options

No...just no you leave because you're getting killed. Just remove survivor babies already

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

These are good points. Additionally, sometimes when put into the dying state, the killer won't even pick you up immediately. They'll start chasing after that other guy they saw. Then a whopping 20 seconds later, another teammate picks you up off the ground. No hook!

Hook suicides are waaay more team friendly that immediate rage quit dc. Mainly bc you actually have to be hooked to leave. And hey, who knows. Maybe that 3rd teammate getting you up will restore your will to... ya know, survive.

• Menexia
    Menexia Member Posts: 4
    Options

I don't know, still not seeing your logic but it's pointless to continue.

• AChaoticKiller
    Options

the logic is that it reduces both forums of leaving the match combined. dc'ing goes down and suicides go up but combined its still less then how many dc's occurred without the penalty system. it also times out players who dc a lot and players who are too enraged to fully go through another match without leaving.

• Amber351
    Amber351 Member Posts: 33
    Options

You could just make it like l4d where a bot takes over.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,200
    Options

true but people have the head in the sand think it working.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

I have seen a lot less disconnects, and don't see too many quit/die on first hook. The game is better with the DC penalty on.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Would work, but they already stated that this is not gonna happen soon, even while having it on mobile

• BlackendSea
    BlackendSea Member Posts: 49
    Options

As much as I enjoy DBD, every game recently I’ve been getting into has been other people dcing, causing the game to end before it begins. The DC penalty does not affect me but it is still annoying. I spawn in with 3 afk players and have no idea which are going to dc or not. Sometimes it’s the killer who dcs. I do not believe this is intentional dcing. I would hope they fix this issue. As for the DC penalty, I don’t think it is a problem as long as you have good internet. I dced once because I lost connection to the game and ended up with a one minute ban so.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618
    Options

agreed, in my 700h of play time i had like 1 crash when i was in game, crashes are rare and when they happen its always when you are starting the game

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Ive DC'ed by accident and Ive only had a 1 min ban at times. Then I'm good for the whole day. If you lose connection enough times that you start with a 5 mins ban maybe you should get a better internet provider or play something else.

• DariusB92
    DariusB92 Member Posts: 122
    Options

Killer mains love the chance to force survivors to make their wins. They get the chance to tunnel and camp and a survivor has to take it other wise way a penalty. They crutch with "second chance options" which just try to balance out the advantages killers have. Also it's not really second chance if the killer is gonna tunnel that person. Or they just slug and camp and now get to bait people effectively to get the win. Or they get wins based purely on perks and killer abilities and not actual skill. Like insidious bubba or camping GF.

Love the one sided perspective here, nothing productive just people talking krap to each other, even against those making suggestions or voicing observations.

Also I main as both and as a killer I never dealt with this absurd amount of DCs so chances are its your gameplay that is causing it. As a survivor occasionally it would happen which I agree it's frustrating. Sometimes looked to be connection time outs seeing as it happened as it was loading or immediately after match started. Also the complaining of hook suicides is ridiculous. You still get your kill and its less work for you. Sucks for fellow survivors but not all of them planned to help anyways due to Swf teams. And who really wants to play the match when they are being camped or were tunneled until they got hooked.

This is just so comical to know exactly what role you play based on comments.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

it starts with a 5 min timeout ^^ you probably stayed long enough in the game after the DC while the timeout ticked down already

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    Options

Not many in game options/patches will fix entitled players not getting their way. Which is where 90% of dc's come from in my experience. If playing scummy means not letting you escape or not allowing you a free 4k... What does it mean exactly?

• WiseOwl
    WiseOwl Member Posts: 8
    Options

This the worse and most hilarious survivor main complaint i have ever seen. Just say that you get angry when the killer rekts you with mori or that you are a little ######### who would quit the match when it doesnt let you have it your way. DC penalty is one of the best features they've added to keep punks like you from ruining it. Crashes are so infrequent , its such a pathetic excuse. DON'T LISTEN TO THIS SWF MAIN TOXIC

• WiseOwl
    WiseOwl Member Posts: 8
    Options

If you are to stupid to accept when the killer doesn't let you have it your way, please leave our community. If complain about camping , tunneling, then why dont you also complain about the fact that 4 people use microphones , A THING THAT IS NOT A GAME MECHANIC THEREFOR IT IS BORDERLINE CHEATING, to bully 1 person? Also stop using the word boring to describe matches that don't go your way. It's not called boring, its called "people adopting tactics that you can't win against" or "people being better at the game than you". Killers are there to kill you, they are your opposition! Stop crying like a little ######### when they do what they have to do in order to get their job done, that includes tunneling or camping. Were you gonna put youself on the hook out of the "kindness of your heart" ?

• KasumiFox
    KasumiFox Member Posts: 117
    Options

Fair enough. But you could've been more polite about your point.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Shrug.

I really don't care either way.

I would DC occasionally, if I got Haddonfield several times in a row on Bubba or something. Man I hate that map.

That said, 1-2 survivors DCing early makes for a miserable game. Either I have to wipe everyone out and feel like a heel, or I have to let them farm and waste my time.

• 1stHipster
    1stHipster Member Posts: 7
    Options

Personally I feel the penalty shouldn’t kick in till your second or third disconnect of the day that way there’s room for a crash or too before your rage quitting too often and if someone hit a certain disconnect threshold then ban them after one dc

• jzinsky
    jzinsky Member Posts: 112
    Options

Oh no, it just happens that 99% of game crashes are due to the dying state mechanic.

Imo it doesn't go far enough. Dc-ing shouldn't remove you from the game. There should be a 24 hour cool down on each penalty so it can double and double, if it doesn't already. Finally you should depip so serial offenders go back to rank 20

• bigfootismydad
    bigfootismydad Member Posts: 86
    Options

DC penalties need to remain. Too many people rage quit the instant something doesn't go their way. DCs screws up the game for everyone else. Matches are maybe fifteen minutes. Not hard to stick it out for that amount of time.

And the game really doesn't crash all that much. I've been playing on both PC and Xbox over the last couple years and have had maybe four or five crashes total between both systems.

• offdwight
    offdwight Member Posts: 2
    Options

My games crashed two times today loading into games but i still get dc penalty so stupid and people still are dc'n so much it doesn't fix anything it should be removed

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Well, I'll comment a second time seeing where the thread is going.

"I didn't have many crashes" "In my [insert number] of hours I didn't had a single crash, crashes are rare so if you have so many time it's because you ragequitted so much" so... crashes are rare because you didn't have them? So your personal experience means that every player didn't have crashes. And please don't say "the problem is on your side, get a better internet provider" when someone is having issues with DbD only, crashes are not rare, at least not for everyone.

Now, let me tell you I this example start a match as a survivor, certain survivor changes to toxic Nea when there are 7 secs left, killer DC and I eat a ban. Is it fair? No, and don't tell "it's just 5 min, do something else" because I shouldn't be penalized for something that I haven't done. And now imagine that happens 3 or 4 times in a single day, that means I have a 2 hours ban for a DC that I haven't done. And please, be serious and don't go with "perhaps yu're extremely unlucky because that didn't happen to me" since personal experiences are not really helpful, I am using an example of something that happens, perhaps not to everybody and perhaps not always.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

It's somewhat interesting that everyone is suddenly constantly crashing when the DC penalty is enforced again.

Don't like being punished for having a bad connection?

Blame the people who can't take getting hit first.

Blame the people who don't like the map

Blame the people who disconnect before the survivors can get out the door

Blame the survivors who don't like the killer.

Blame the people who decided that 'boring' games gave them the right to screw over their own team and the killer over and over again.

I've played dbd for for years now, on both console and pc. I have a decent but not top notch connection. I've crashed ONCE on console and not a single time on pc. I'm not saying they don't happen at all, but i find it highly suspicious that there is a crash epidemic the second the DC penalty is back.

If i DO crash, I will happily eat the penalties in order to not put up with the pathetic excuses as to why DC is justifiable beyond real life obligations/ issues.

However i do believe a system that can be held hostage by hackers banning top streamers, is a rather large oversight, and if it hasn't been dealt with already...it should be.

• AChaoticKiller
    Options

improve your software, im assuming your on pc because on console its rare, like MAYBE once a month i might crash. the general health of the game should not be lowered because you don't play on a reliable source.

the crash argument is no longer aa good reason for dc penalties not being in place as they are rare unless you play on bad software which is something you need to take care of. yes we had crashes constantly back in the days but that is simply not the case anymore.

• AChaoticKiller
    edited October 2020
    Options

get better software, i never hear about crashes on console being constant so at least across the board with console players their software can handle it. if you on pc and constantly crashing its on you to get better PC equipment that can handle the game. top streamers rarely crash because they have the proper software so if your constantly crashing maybe improve your pc.

edit: also you getting a penalty from the killer dc'ing is something the devs can address and its rare enough that it doesn't justify the system being disabled.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    Options

But your post is also a bunch of bad faith assumptions...

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

I hate to break it to you, but this is already the case.

Both were 3man SWF groups deliberately abusing the survivor matchmaking protections to grief lowbies.

• VIle
    VIle Member Posts: 167
    Options

Literally got stuck in the game with no way out but reboot the other night. I was pouring blood points into a survivor and when I was done I couldn't click out of the web. Then noticed I couldn't even crash out. It wouldn't allow me access to ctrl alt del or windows button or right click, or esc. Nothing I did would get me out. I had to reboot my PC.

Reboot, load up steam, load up DBD, play as Survivor....

Guess what lovely GIFT I received for the GAME locking up my rig and forcing me to reboot?

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo 5minute ban :D

I had just booted up the game, felt like getting some perks on a survivor, filled him with hard earned BP and then tried to get my first match only for this to happen.

Did I wait around? Nope. I spent the rest of my evening playing other games that work and don't penalize the player for it's own failures and faults.

Every time I get a ban, I spent my time and money elsewhere. It's the only language the devs speak.

• TheMikeOTR
    TheMikeOTR Member Posts: 62
    Options

The amount of times I've crashed in the past 6 months can be counted in one hand. Two of the times was in a KYF lobby.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

You should check your priorities when it comes to playing a "game" or doing chores. A game is suppose to be fun. DbD doesn't have the right to enforce penalty when it isn't even moderately a decent/balanced game.

• nytkim
    nytkim Member Posts: 102
    edited October 2020
    Options

DC penalty in a casual and extremely unbalanced game is the dumbest thing ever. If I get in a match against a spirit, i don't want to wait 4 minutes for the ban to go out. What the hell are the devs thinking

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

If you're not having "fun"maybe you're doing something wrong. People should be punished for leaving a game where if 1 person DCs it affects the entire match.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

The game needs a ground up fixing before the introduction of DC penalty. It still feels like a polished Beta game. Got hit behind the pallet? Whoops, oh nvm, gotta take that I guess! Hehe. That's fun, right? Dead Hard'ed to the ground? Whoops! I guess we have to rely on server's choice here since it is the superior judge with carefully programmed Hit Validation thingy! And many more to come..

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156
    Options

If people are genuinely crashing so much that DC Penalty is an issue, you need to troubleshoot everything on your end first before coming here making a "Remove" post. Check your net, check your ports, repair your game, reinstall your game. Stop dl-ing "Free" adult material via torrents... that ones a bit of a joke. But seriously there are so many other reasons that you could be crashing besides DEVS!!! I know console has had trouble but there is still things that you can check first.

DC Penalty is improving the quality of games.

So open a ticket or something or try some troubleshooting first, otherwise you'll come off as a flaming ragequitting addict coming up in here making these posts. And make sure you include what you have already tried, it can actually help people help you.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Care to revise your BS statement? It is amazing how much people are suddenly CRASHING all the time now that DC penalties are back. Strange coincidence. I've never had a single crash since installing this game. However am I bucking those odds. Quit disconnecting and play the game.

• tariousx
    Options

What? I was simply saying if its REALLY an issue to troubleshoot first, giving benefit of the doubt. I'm all for the penalty its good. What are you on about?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt. This happens every single time the DC penalties get put back in place. Suddenly there are just tons of people saying that it isn't them disconnecting, it is the game crashing. The minute the penalties are taken out (usually because of some hacker) those statements mysteriously vanish. The benefit of my doubt died a LONG time ago. The vast majority of disconnects are because people are bad sports. The odd crash of the internet or a real life emergency is perfectly understandable. And if those things happen, a short ban isn't a problem because your already tied up.

Now if you have a PATTERN of regular, real life emergencies or your internet keeps going down, I suggest you stop playing until you get your affairs sorted. Insisting on playing when you have an unstable system, bad internet, or a constant stream of real life emergencies would make you an inconsiderate person, who is choosing to waste the time of other Players. Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

• tariousx
    Options

I am and I totally see where you're coming from man. I agree with the irony of it.

• MeeSush
    MeeSush Member Posts: 37
    Options

i left this game long ago,

i only come once or twice a month to play this game,

dc penalty is not that bad, i like it, however, if i see someone dc or killthemself on hook, i kill myself on hook epecially 1 shot huntress..

well fix op addons first bhvr, you need to understand that people dc because of unpleasant and unfair matches. no one wants to spend time going against it.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,797
    Options

eh it'll probably be disabled yet again due to issues if it keeps being removed due to issues maybe it's not meant for the game

• jzinsky
    jzinsky Member Posts: 112
    Options

But we also have the right to have multiple players in a multi player game. I might well post the video early and unedited from this last Sunday which I dubbed "suicide week"

Iirc i played 3 games, with 5-6 suicide on hook and 3 flat out DC. Again I'm not going to say people DC on purpose but I'm yet to see someone crash mid gen

• Slunkster
    Slunkster Member Posts: 83
    Options

I'm all up for removing DC penalty!

As soon as you remove bloody ass hats who constantly as soon as anything doesn't go their way or that they are faced with anything that could closely resemble a challenge and doesn't let them get the easy cheesy one they wanted.

Cant remove all the player who dc and ruin every other player's game?

Then I guess the dc penalty is needed to give a way to punish those people.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

i agree with this cuz when someone in my house needs me i have to leave the game, then when i come back i have to wait 5 minutes.

and it doesnt stop dc cuz from my experience id rather do the 5 minutes rather than play with some super tryhard killer

This discussion has been closed.